WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

(You can ignore this or reply if you want, this is me trying to decide this and get it out of my head. If I was home, I would be writing in my notebook of random musings but since I'm here, I only have notebooks for work meeting notes.)

So it looks like my options in the phone world without switching carriers are the following: Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Sony Xperia X Compact, and the iPhone 7.

A3:
-In between the size of the other two
-No band 12 (but the other two bands are there)
-Can only buy from one seller, who charges a restocking fee
-The cheaper option of these at $250
-Really good battery life apparently
-Grace UI seems to be better but still Samsung bloat?

X Compact:
-Has band 12
-The smallest of all of these
-The camera isn't a great point and shoot
-Again, seriously? If I was, this would be the third rodeo
-It's still on the pricey side, but I can find it for $300 secondhand
-Solid battery life, better performance/processor over the A3

iPhone 7:
-Best radios though of all, similar to the Pixel
-The most expensive out of all of the phones
-The biggest one out of all of these
-It has everything that works the way it should (all of the bands, VoLTE, Wifi calling, etc)
-No headphone jack
-Weakest battery life out of all of these (so a battery pack would be needed, which is $$)
You know, I had penile related analogy I was going to use here, but I'm too exhausted.

So all I'll say is good luck in your search.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I am so exhausted. Things are heating up on the employment front to the point where I may find myself in a real pickle soon. Housing has finally sorted itself out. I'll have my official transcript with my degree on it come tomorrow (degree is still in the mail).

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You know, I had penile related analogy I was going to use here, but I'm too exhausted.

So all I'll say is good luck in your search.

Considering all that you're going through, it only makes sense that you will be, lol.

Thanks for the luck. I'll need it. I could just switch carriers and not have to deal with this at all. I'm debating that too. I just fear going somewhere that I had decent coverage before and then it goes south. I have one more place I need to test, and hopefully I'll be less indecisive.

Might just give that A3 a whirl anyway.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I am so exhausted. Things are heating up on the employment front to the point where I may find myself in a real pickle soon. Housing has finally sorted itself out. I'll have my official transcript with my degree on it come tomorrow (degree is still in the mail).

Good to hear that your housing has been set now. I wish you the best on the employment front. Yay for getting your degree and transcript though!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Considering all that you're going through, it only makes sense that you will be, lol.

Thanks for the luck. I'll need it. I could just switch carriers and not have to deal with this at all. I'm debating that too. I just fear going somewhere that I had decent coverage before and then it goes south. I have one more place I need to test, and hopefully I'll be less indecisive.

Might just give that A3 a whirl anyway.
You might be the exception to the rule.
Ergo,
#gobigred

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

I feel so dumb now.

I just found out that GSM Arena has a phone finder that allows you to find phones based on whatever you want, from size to OS. It's like a whole new world. Now let's see what I can find.

Phone Finder - search for a phone by feature - GSMArena.com

I feel even dumber, though.
The trackpad on my Acer laptop hasnt work for days, and couldn't figure out what happened.
So I took it to the repair shop, the guy took one look and said... "It's locked"
Huh??..
Yup, I accidentally disabled it with the combo keys Fn + F8... .. duh

Walked out the shop feeling kinda embarrassed.
... !!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I feel even dumber, though.
The trackpad on my Acer laptop hasnt work for days, and couldn't figure out what happened.
So I took it to the repair shop, the guy took one look and said... "It's locked"
Huh??..
Yup, I accidentally disabled it with the combo keys Fn + F8... .. duh

Walked out the shop feeling kinda embarrassed.
... !!

Aw that sucks. I'm glad that it wasn't broken but I can only imagine how you felt.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Decided not to try the A3 after all. It just doesn't make sense to me. Additionally, the only one available is dual sim and I always have issues with MMS on dual sim phones. Not sure why.

Come to think of it, maybe I could consider trying the 6s. I think I might try that out possibly. It's the only option that doesn't seem as terrible to me. If I decide to keep it, the battery case would be necessary for sure but just trying it shouldn't be so bad and it would be way lesser but it depends on what I can find in terms of deals.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ironically all VZW branded phones are GSM unlocked but you still have bloatware even if you aren't using VZW.

I believe that but I'm so used to unlocked that I can't see myself choosing to buy a Verizon model unless it is something like a Pixel.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I believe that but I'm so used to unlocked that I can't see myself choosing to buy a Verizon model unless it is something like a Pixel.
The new Moto units also had really minimum bloatware when I played with them earlier this year.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well, that sucks.

I lost my PayPal case. Now I have to figure out what to do with this iPhone, hopefully I can attempt to Boneyard it. Ugh.

I guess I could keep it but then that means that I can never sell it. Lame.

My hand has been forced by this. I'm done with the phone stuff for a while. It's either trusted people (like people in the MN community), retailers or Swappa for me. I'm done with eBay when it comes to the phone swindle.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My wife made me a cake!
b4d0fb2c22c78e9a1a8928c3fbbac814.jpg
9ffd6db8f9153f15bb258e5808efa258.jpg

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Well, that sucks.

I lost my PayPal case. Now I have to figure out what to do with this iPhone, hopefully I can attempt to Boneyard it. Ugh.

I guess I could keep it but then that means that I can never sell it. Lame.

My hand has been forced by this. I'm done with the phone stuff for a while. It's either trusted people (like people in the MN community), retailers or Swappa for me. I'm done with eBay when it comes to the phone swindle.

I might have missed this but what was wrong with the iPhone?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I might have missed this but what was wrong with the iPhone?

A "top rated plus" seller on eBay sold me this iPhone 7 with a balance still owed on it. I didn't know this was the case until I decided to sell it on Swappa and Swappa denied the listing for that reason.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)