WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I caved in and opened the Orchid Grey Galaxy S8 box. Setting it up now (will take an eternity to download the apps on the work guest Wi-Fi). Hopefully I should be able to use it starting tomorrow on the spare line. Will have two more phones to play with this weekend. Old ones so nothing to write home about.
Old phones are always the most fun to play with. They remind you how much technology has progressed in such short order.

That being said, I'm playing with an "old" Moto Nexus 6 since I've never used a "pure" Android. Let me tell you, it's making a strong case for me to return the S8+ I just bought 2 days ago. Despite having 1GB less RAM and running an archaic SD805 chip, it's painfully evident what an OEM skin like TouchWiz can do to a phone's performance. This Nexus flat flies. News at 11, stay tuned.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I also pinged TMO on Twitter via DM to help me unlock both the Galaxy S8 devices that I purchased via the BOGO deal.
Let's see how that goes. In the meantime, apparently work folks have updated the Wi-Fi drastically because I am 70% through with all of my apps being installed on the Galaxy S8.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I also pinged TMO on Twitter via DM to help me unlock both the Galaxy S8 devices that I purchased via the BOGO deal.
Let's see how that goes. In the meantime, apparently work folks have updated the Wi-Fi drastically because I am 70% through with all of my apps being installed on the Galaxy S8.

Nice! That's what up! Have fun with that beautiful and shiny S8!
Good luck with the unlocking.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Old phones are always the most fun to play with. They remind you how much technology has progressed in such short order.

That being said, I'm playing with an "old" Moto Nexus 6 since I've never used a "pure" Android. Let me tell you, it's making a strong case for me to return the S8+ I just bought 2 days ago. Despite having 1GB less RAM and running an archaic SD805 chip, it's painfully evident what an OEM skin like TouchWiz can do to a phone's performance. This Nexus flat flies. News at 11, stay tuned.
Turning off some of transitions of the Prive makes that phone fly, I've heard...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So I got 19 hours on my iPhone 7 and of course my battery case is dead. (charging now though, but I can expect that for a while, I will be charging it on and off doing my runarounds again. It meaning the case, that is.) Phone should be ready to go by the time I leave today.

I think I might consider something crazy and not get lightning headphones since I would be getting another phone in a couple of months. Why buy if I could get a new one by upgrading later and it comes with for free?

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Turning off some of transitions of the Prive makes that phone fly, I've heard...
Actually any Android. It's in the Developer Options section of settings. Instead of turning them off completely, set the animation scales to 0.5 and you're good to go.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

This bank of 166 years in existence claimed they rolled back the transactions and now some people are millionaires and a few are billionaires. They appealed to their depositors not to withdraw the money. Ha ha. Just crazy.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Actually any Android. It's in the Developer Options section of settings. Instead of turning them off completely, set the animation scales to 0.5 and you're good to go.
I remember, but people saw marked improvement for the Priv when they did that...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This bank of 166 years in existence claimed they rolled back the transactions and now some people are millionaires and a few are billionaires. They appealed to their depositors not to withdraw the money. Ha ha. Just crazy.
Good luck with that. Guess the bankers weren't as smart as people thought...what a goof...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I am hoping that you made it on that billionaire list!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You all are welcome to say that I'm indecisive or your other words for it, but I'm deciding on a 6s and just selling the 7 in the Boneyard. I like it, but the only reason why I'm even considering an iPhone 8 is JUST because it would be a solid way to get rid of this and get some money off of buying it.

I'm missing the headphone jack, and additionally, I don't even have or use Bluetooth headphones so eh. I just need to find a good deal for a 6s.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You all are welcome to say that I'm indecisive or your other words for it, but I'm deciding on a 6s and just selling the 7 in the Boneyard. I like it, but the only reason why I'm even considering an iPhone 8 is JUST because it would be a solid way to get rid of this and get some money off of buying it.

I'm missing the headphone jack, and additionally, I don't even have or use Bluetooth headphones so eh. I just need to find a good deal for a 6s.
Well, some people change boyfriends/jobs/clothes/cars/shoes/friends like you and 99 change phones.

Everyone has their vices. You're chasing that feel, fit and finish. I had another penile line, but I'll be polite...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well, some people change boyfriends/jobs/clothes/cars/shoes/friends like you and 99 change phones.

Everyone has their vices. You're chasing that feel, fit and finish. I had another penile line, but I'll be polite...
Haha, fair point. I do really want to hit the spot finally. I'm still a bit phone exhausted but hopefully the 6s would do it for me.

I underestimated how much I'll miss the headphone jack. If I'm here thinking about it a lot, maybe that's because I shouldn't have to think about it lol.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Haha, fair point. I do really want to hit the spot finally. I'm still a bit phone exhausted but hopefully the 6s would do it for me.
Every woman wants to hit the spot finally and consistently...so your comment is expected.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I like these USB-C headphones. I won't lie...thumbing through the reviews, the HTC 11 and 10 are nicely tempting for different reasons. Doesn't mean I'll buy either, but they're nicely tempting.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I underestimated how much I'll miss the headphone jack. If I'm here thinking about it a lot, maybe that's because I shouldn't have to think about it lol.
I guess it's time to hit the old phone Jack...
https://youtu.be/i8DRen60X10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077