WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That's a fair point but as someone who can become easily addicted to something, I don't know. This doesn't happen with my coworker who is really into makeup. That is her vice.

I'm very hot and cold about being into things I could never start smoking because it would be too easy for me to get addicted to it.
Definitely don't start smoking. Been doing it for about 40 years and it's become a physical dependency. Quitting the bottle was a piece of cake and I've been sober for over 20 years. Outside of some grass in high school, I've never done any drugs so it's funny how addictions can run sometimes.

Hunting for that perfect phone is a harmless hobby, all things considered.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Definitely don't start smoking. Been doing it for about 40 years and it's become a physical dependency. Quitting the bottle was a piece of cake and I've been sober for over 20 years. Outside of some grass in high school, I've never done any drugs so it's funny how addictions can run sometimes.

I know of an old story where a priest who was a heavy smoker and heavy drinker was confronted by his family in his office one day. His wife said: "we will tolerate you only having ONE vice...you must choose between drinking or smoking. You have five minutes to decide."

So they stepped outside his office and five minutes later, they piled back in to hear his answer. As they filed in, he took one final look between his cigarettes and his flask.

His wife: "Did you decide?"

The priest nodded...and handed over the flask.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm watching a video with a girl struggling to answer this riddle: "Mary's father had four children - Joshua, Jacob and James. What was the name of the 4th child?"
That was scarily easy. I sometimes read too much into things and can miss the obvious. This wasn't one of those times.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

She gambled and lost. That little thing called terrorist attacks blew up her plans...
I don't think the attacks had much to do with this. Usually with attacks people are more inclined to vote conservative.

I think the fact that young people got out and voted was the difference.

They're still waiting for official figures but there's a sense that it was young people who changed things. The Labour party targeted their manifesto at young and old alike and the conservatives were doing more austerity.

The Tories still won but this damaged them. There's a possibility that either May goes or another election is called.

The EU is frustrated to say the least. As you pointed out. There was no need to call this election. It was pure ego in my view. They utterly failed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't think the attacks had much to do with this. Usually with attacks people are more inclined to vote conservative.

I think the fact that young people got out and voted was the difference.

They're still waiting for official figures but there's a sense that it was young people who changed things. The Labour party targeted their manifesto at young and old alike and the conservatives were doing more austerity.

The Tories still won but this damaged them. There's a possibility that either May goes or another election is called.

The EU is frustrated to say the least. As you pointed out. There was no need to call this election. It was pure ego in my view. They utterly failed.
It would appear that this election and Obama's prior two highlight the importance of the youth vote and how dismissive the old guard was of it - and it kicked them in the groin.

Truth be told, UK shouldn't have left the EU...and now that they have, I don't blame the EU for wanting to get them out the door. I know the US and the UK are allies, but it looks like the inconsistencies of the Trump administration seeped into May's stewardship...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Dang that sounds hard. Congrats on being sober for so long!

Yeah you're right. It's harmful to my wallet though Me and my coworker occasionally talk about our "vices" and she has decided that mine is more expensive, which is true. I don't want to think about how I could have had enough for a security deposit with how much this has all been.

I'm just saying but it's cool since I have arrived now. Had an interesting conversation with my friend yesterday who is a Apple fan. He was really curious about the battery case since he's never seen one in real life. He was shocked to hear me say that I don't want a iPhone 8. Just a refreshed SE.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Dang that sounds hard. Congrats on being sober for so long!

Yeah you're right. It's harmful to my wallet though Me and my coworker occasionally talk about our "vices" and she has decided that mine is more expensive, which is true. I don't want to think about how I could have had enough for a security deposit with how much this has all been.

I'm just saying but it's cool since I have arrived now. Had an interesting conversation with my friend yesterday who is a Apple fan. He was really curious about the battery case since he's never seen one in real life. He was shocked to hear me say that I don't want a iPhone 8. Just a refreshed SE.

There's no such thing as one vice being more expensive than another. Cigarettes are cheap compared to a bottle of Bourbon or Brandy, but do more expensive damage along the way. You only get to go once on this merry-go-round, you gotta be you. When you settle for second best you're shortchanging yourself. There's always other apartments available, you'll get yours.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

There's no such thing as one vice being more expensive than another. Cigarettes are cheap compared to a bottle of Bourbon or Brandy, but do more expensive damage along the way. You only get to go once on this merry-go-round, you gotta be you. When you settle for second best you're shortchanging yourself. There's always other apartments available, you'll get yours.

I'm going to keep that in mind, thanks.

You're so right about the settling point. I'm sure you're right but finding the balance of what I can afford and how far I want to be and how safe is hard.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm going to keep that in mind, thanks.

You're so right about the settling point. I'm sure you're right but finding the balance of what I can afford and how far I want to be and how safe is hard.
Hey, I never promised you a rose garden. Along with the sunshine there's got to be a little rain sometime.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I really wished Sony did a refresh to the Z3 Tablet Compact. As much as I like it, it could certainly use 7.0 + the extra GB or RAM + the S821 chip. I have no plans to sell it, but the extra performance would be nice.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I really wished Sony did a refresh to the Z3 Tablet Compact. As much as I like it, it could certainly use 7.0 + the extra GB or RAM + the S821 chip. I have no plans to sell it, but the extra performance would be nice.
I'm still waiting for Nougat on this Tab S2 as well. Although it's running great on MM. Let's see how this stacks up against the Mediapad M3 that I just purchased.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm still waiting for Nougat on this Tab S2 as well. Although it's running great on MM. Let's see how this stacks up against the Mediapad M3 that I just purchased.
Mine will never get 7.0 officially, so you have the edge there.

Good to see you graced us with a post...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I survived. I was bored but it was nice to hear all of the sweet things his friends said about him.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Powered up my Surface3 just now and launched Edge. Then it emitted loud white noise. Had quite a scare cos it was blasting out full-on loudness. The volume buttons doesn't work, neither does muting it.
I closed Edge, and tried playing music on the media player... full on white noise again.
Ooops, what the.... Hope the speakers are not broken, or something more serious.....
Finally solved the problem by disabling the sound drivers and reboot....and let the OS sort the drivers itself out...
The missus is happy, the balance of the universe is restored

... !!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Ok regulars here, you know I have a Nexus 5X, you probably also know Nexus 5X is known to have bootloop problem. And well, mine got into bootloop today, Amazon is really helpfull so I now have a chance to get new Nexus 5X or they can refund me money and I buy Motorola Moto Z, if I add about 15 €. Thoughts?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Ok regulars here, you know I have a Nexus 5X, you probably also know Nexus 5X is known to have bootloop problem. And well, mine got into bootloop today, Amazon is really helpfull so I now have a chance to get new Nexus 5X or they can refund me money and I buy Motorola Moto Z, if I add about 15 €. Thoughts?

Add those 15€. That's what I'd do.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'd go with the Moto Z, honestly a ton of reasons. If you can pop into a shop to see it in person before you decide, that's helpful.

Sorry to hear you've got a case of the bootloops.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

What they said! That amount is very small for possible peace of mind! I'm sorry that it happened to you

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The camera in the 5X for low light may still be a bit better than the Moto Z, but in all other areas, the Z is a clear upgrade.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Or I can go for LG G5, , that is about 15 on top of Moto. I will go with one of those two, which one would you say? I'm leaning towards G5 for the sake of camera since it is great.
edit I just noticed is G5 SE with SD652, better to go with Motorola huh?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo