WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Or I can go for LG G5, , that is about 15 on top of Moto. I will go with one of those two, which one would you say? I'm leaning towards G5 for the sake of camera since it is great.
edit I just noticed is G5 SE with SD652, better to go with Motorola huh?
LG G5 over Moto Z:

Removable battery, slightly smaller form factor, better camera (more versatility at least), IR port, 3.5mm jack, better audio, better software support

Moto Z over G5:

AOSP for stock like experience, better implementation of modularity, cheaper (in this scenario), better design, VR compatible, may have more internal storage

Time: performance - both fly, even the G5 on LG's UI, microSD support

The G5 is better than the G5 SE. It boils down to your preferences. Tesing them in out person makes sense.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Ok regulars here, you know I have a Nexus 5X, you probably also know Nexus 5X is known to have bootloop problem. And well, mine got into bootloop today, Amazon is really helpfull so I now have a chance to get new Nexus 5X or they can refund me money and I buy Motorola Moto Z, if I add about 15 €. Thoughts?
Z is good. I just got one but G5 is slightly better for the reasons MIA pointed out.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Or I can go for LG G5, , that is about 15 on top of Moto. I will go with one of those two, which one would you say? I'm leaning towards G5 for the sake of camera since it is great.
edit I just noticed is G5 SE with SD652, better to go with Motorola huh?
If it is the Moto Z vs G5 SE, I'd go with the Z. If it's G5 proper vs Z, I'd get the G5.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

LG seems to be doing these weird variants for the past two years with its G series flagships...SMH...

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

LG is SE so I will go with Motorola, proper G5 is about 500€ for some odd reason. So looks likeafter a year I will be back on Motorola.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Camera and SW, got used to prompt updates with Nexus. But even before it broke down its performance was terrible, it was about as slugish as Moto G2 I had, it was probably something wrong with it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Camera and SW, got used to prompt updates with Nexus. But even before it broke down its performance was terrible, it was about as slugish as Moto G2 I had, it was probably something wrong with it.
Only a Pixel and Blackberry will give you bleeding edge software updates. Moto is still on the slow as F pace you remembered with your G series phone. I think hardware wise, the Z is miles better. Plus I'm not sure what the story is with the G5 SE updates wise.

In daylight and good lighting, the Z is good. In low light, it's OK.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Ok, they say Android O should be on Z line in november which is not too terible. I would love to buy a Pixel but maybe next year. I just hope Camera on Moto Z is at least fast.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The S808 chip + 2GB RAM was a joke. I was using the Robin the same chip and 3GB RAM and it ran smoothly. From hardware lens, the 5X was a budget developer's phone.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ok, they say Android O should be on Z line in november which is not too terible. I would love to buy a Pixel but maybe next year. I just hope Camera on Moto Z is at least fast.
They give a warranty period where you could swap it for something else?

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

To swap Moto Z? I have no idea but I will probably like it enough, it can't be that bad being flagship, sort of.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo