WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I don't know, I think something inside of me has broken...or maybe it just changed?

Since I decided to use the iPhone 7, I'm not as amused with my Windows phones. I would normally turn it on daily, just to check for updates and use it for a bit. Now, I have to remind myself to check it every few days for store updates and then I turn it off. I thought about putting my other phone sim in it but then I'm not sure if there will be a point. Let's see if the high returns if/when they drop a cumulative update...
I turn mine on to periodically update it and I'm reminded why it's such a love hate relationship. Still looking forward to getting up and running to shoot some pictures in the summer.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I just don't think of things that way, which is probably why it is amusing for you to imply things.

If the shoe fits, and it does.
I'm just having a little fun with you. And I don't know what WAY you think I'm implying here...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I turn mine on to periodically update it and I'm reminded why it's such a love hate relationship. Still looking forward to getting up and running to shoot some pictures in the summer.

Props to you for remembering to do that. I have thought about it, but I still feel that my 950 is wasted on me. Once I have one phone with one and it has the apps, I'm too lazy to remember the other one.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Props to you for remembering to do that. I have thought about it, but I still feel that my 950 is wasted on me. Once I have one phone with one and it has the apps, I'm too lazy to remember the other one.
I mean, I like the phone. Oddly enough, I wanted the 950 for something more pocketable that I know I'd carry around more and use. Maybe one day I'll take it out and use it as a daily driver.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I mean, I like the phone. Oddly enough, I wanted the 950 for something more pocketable that I know I'd carry around more and use. Maybe one day I'll take it out and use it as a daily driver.

That could be an interesting experience or not a pleasant one. I think I might like the 950 better if battery life was better even though I know it's the processor's fault. I have heard about a battery pack for the 950 (I think only that one though, not the XL) that brings better battery life.

At the same time, I prefer the phones that feel smaller and aren't tall like the 650. Like that's so nice to me even though the camera is just okay for what it is. I probably wouldn't really use it anyway. lol

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm always amazed at the contradictory stance the US takes on sex. It's like we're OK with all of the sexual innuendo but talking about it in a healthy relationships + positive self image way is still so taboo.

A good example of this is the Piers Morgan v Amber Rose Twitter exchange. Now, Amber Rose is a huge S-L-U-T Walk advocate (Google that) and Piers decided to put his sausage into something that it doesn't belong in. I do agree with Amber about the double standard that exists with her and Adam Levine doing the same picture for the same reasons for different causes and yet hers gets roasted while his gets a pass.

There was this amazing feminist protest I'd love to link her in Argentina recently...but it's visually explicit. But once you get past the naked stuff and listen to the message, it is so powerful. It's just another way we focus on the flesh and look past the humanity of people.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm always amazed at the contradictory stance the US takes on sex. It's like we're OK with all of the sexual innuendo but talking about it in a healthy relationships + positive self image way is still so taboo.

A good example of this is the Piers Morgan v Amber Rose Twitter exchange. Now, Amber Rose is a huge S-L-U-T Walk advocate (Google that) and Piers decided to put his sausage into something that it doesn't belong in. I do agree with Amber about the double standard that exists with her and Adam Levine doing the same picture for the same reasons for different causes and yet hers gets roasted while his gets a pass.

There was this amazing feminist protest I'd love to link her in Argentina recently...but it's visually explicit. But once you get past the naked stuff and listen to the message, it is so powerful. It's just another way we focus on the flesh and look past the humanity of people.

I googled this thing between the two of them, and I agree with you. The contradictory stance really doesn't make sense and I think in some people's cases, it can cause issues with individuals and what they think is normal in relationships.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I googled this thing between the two of them, and I agree with you. The contradictory stance really doesn't make sense and I think in some people's cases, it can cause issues with individuals and what they think is normal in relationships.
My issue was if they has issues with sex in one area, I can understand...but all topics and uses about sex (from woman exercising control over her sexuality to preferred types of sex, to sex and relationships, etc) there is this "we don't speak about it" crap.

Which leads to such misinformation that can have really bad outcomes in certain contexts.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My issue was if they has issues with sex in one area, I can understand...but all topics and uses about sex (from woman exercising control over her sexuality to preferred types of sex, to sex and relationships, etc) there is this "we don't speak about it" crap.

Which leads to such misinformation that can have really bad outcomes in certain contexts.

Exactly. It's very sad.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sex and the USA... they just can't seem to let go of their Puritanical roots. In a way being as prudish as the country is (yes that's a general statement) I believe it's actually more harmful rather than helpful.

The tight lipped idea of not speaking about sex and sexuality creates all sorts of issues mentally. The far right religious wingnuts have a lot to answer for if you ask me and lets be clear, this is where all this stems from.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So, currently I'm waiting for the meltdown of our PM May. I'm sure it's coming, just a matter of when.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Sex and the USA... they just can't seem to let go of their Puritanical roots. In a way being as prudish as the country is (yes that's a general statement) I believe it's actually more harmful rather than helpful.

The tight lipped idea of not speaking about sex and sexuality creates all sorts of issues mentally. The far right religious wingnuts have a lot to answer for if you ask me and lets be clear, this is where all this stems from.
Don't try to engage in an adult conversation with these people. They claim to be holier than thou yet are always getting busted in some sex scandal. Suppressing basic human instinct is unnatural and, on their own turf, goes against the Bible. Doesn't Genesis mention Adam and Eve's first instruction to be fruitful and multiply?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Don't try to engage in an adult conversation with these people. They claim to be holier than thou yet are always getting busted in some sex scandal. Suppressing basic human instinct is unnatural and, on their own turf, goes against the Bible. Doesn't Genesis mention Adam and Eve's first instruction to be fruitful and multiply?

No that was for the other animals. The only thing 'god' says in relation to children is that Eve will suffer the pains of child birth more.

If I were to argue with a bible thumper I'd have to know which bible they were using first... :p

As for them being involved in sex scandals... not overly surprising. Those who try to oppress are usually the ones who indulge more. In other words, good for me, bad for you, do as I say, not as I do, etc ... such is those in power.

There is a British comedian who did a long stint in the US. He made this comment about sex education in the US.

Abstinence only sex education is a lie. It's tells you the safest sex is not having sex. That's like saying the safest form of travel is staying at home.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You're right though, I was trying to remember the roots and there it is. History major fail. LOL

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

No that was for the other animals. The only thing 'god' says in relation to children is that Eve will suffer the pains of child birth more.

If I were to argue with a bible thumper I'd have to know which bible they were using first... :p

As for them being involved in sex scandals... not overly surprising. Those who try to oppress are usually the ones who indulge more. In other words, good for me, bad for you, do as I say, not as I do, etc ... such is those in power.

There is a British comedian who did a long stint in the US. He made this comment about sex education in the US.

Abstinence only sex education is a lie. It's tells you the safest sex is not having sex. That's like saying the safest form of travel is staying at home.

Ooh I never thought of it that way. That's an excellent analogy!

I have always been taught that in the church and heard that over and over. It wasn't hard for me but that's been difficult for a good amount of people because of those "rules".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05