WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The only phone that's tempting me as a backup for Android is a Moto Z + the wireless charging mod.

Even so, it'd be in the fall where I'd try to acquire one to test at the earliest.
Hmm why the Moto Z? I'm just curious to know. I would haven't have guessed that, but it's kind of hard for me to guess what you'll like when it comes to phones.

I get some things you prefer but not all xd

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hmm why the Moto Z? I'm just curious to know. I would haven't have guessed that, but it's kind of hard for me to guess what you'll like when it comes to phones.

You mean like taking advantage of your openings for so excited good old innuendo fun?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Things I like:

OnePlus: Nothing. I enjoyed the OnePlus One. They shat all over OnePlus Two and OnePlus X users with software updates. Have no respect for them and wouldn't buy another device from them. Lots of 3/3T people are watching them VERY closely for software support over the next 12-24 months.

HTC: their designs and audio game. HTC is one of my favorite old 4 bands (along with Nokia, Moto and Sony; RIM gets an honorary mention here). HTC was my first smartphone so I always want them to do well and stop getting in their own way. Shout to the folks who know about HTC Manila.

Samsung: Nothing. Been there, done that. Only modern Samsung I came close to buying was a Note 5. I like their hardware a TON but I'd pick EMUI over TouchWiz/Grace UX/Samsung Experience all day. Much respect to the Galaxy S2 - the phone that let people know they were serious about Android.

LG: dual cams and audio. I like that thickness of the G6 (*cough* Libra *cough*). Dislike the bootloops. Would I buy a V20 over the Mi Note 2 as a do-over? It would have been the last carrier branded phone I'd buy when it was on sale for $320 including tax.

Nokia: dunno. They are like BB now so we will see. When I want Nokia as I remember, I yearn for a N-series (shout-out to those who used these) or a Lumia 925.

Huawei: hardware. I still say MIUI>EMUI>Samsung for my taste software wise.

BB: like the looks of the KeyOne. Battery and design is in my wheelhouse, along with the keyboard. I'm one of those who doesn't use Swype, so going back to a physical keyboard would be a shorter learning curve.

Moto: stock-ish software and design. But Moto hasn't made a top tier camera since before the X line. And they've shat over some phone owners (my former Moto Maxx/Droid Turbo people understand). I like the Z because it's different and I can get a Qi back. Otherwise, I'm watching them closely too.

Xiaomi: good value for money. They need to get their head out of their butts and into Eruope seriously in the next two years. MIUI is a heavy *** skin though. Need to see what they do with that over the next two years.

Apple: nothing. Been there, done that. Only phones they've made since I sold my iPhone 4 (their best design ever with the OG iPhone the second best) I'd consider are the SE and the iPhone 7. Don't need the app fatigue - that's why I left. 10(!) years to get a file manager? iTunes still as prevalent as ever? C'MON man!

MSFT? Check my screen name out to see what they're doing in the phone market.

Does this work for you?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Things I like:

OnePlus: Nothing. I enjoyed the OnePlus One. They shat all over OnePlus Two and OnePlus X users with software updates. Have no respect for them and wouldn't buy another device from them. Lots of 3/3T people are watching them VERY closely for software support over the next 12-24 months.

HTC: their designs and audio game. HTC is one of my favorite old 4 bands (along with Nokia, Moto and Sony; RIM gets an honorary mention here). HTC was my first smartphone so I always want them to do well and stop getting in their own way. Shout to the folks who know about HTC Manila.

Samsung: Nothing. Been there, done that. Only modern Samsung I came close to buying was a Note 5. I like their hardware a TON but I'd pick EMUI over TouchWiz/Grace UX/Samsung Experience all day. Much respect to the Galaxy S2 - the phone that let people know they were serious about Android.

LG: dual cams and audio. I like that thickness of the G6 (*cough* Libra *cough*). Dislike the bootloops. Would I buy a V20 over the Mi Note 2 as a do-over? It would have been the last carrier branded phone I'd buy when it was on sale for $320 including tax.

Nokia: dunno. They are like BB now so we will see. When I want Nokia as I remember, I yearn for a N-series (shout-out to those who used these) or a Lumia 925.

BB: like the looks of the KeyOne. Battery and design is in my wheelhouse, along with the keyboard. I'm one of those who doesn't use Swype, so going back to a physical keyboard would be a shorter learning curve.

Moto: stock-ish software and design. But Moto hasn't made a top tier camera since before the X line. And they've shat over some phone owners (my former Moto Maxx/Droid Turbo people understand). I like the Z because it's different and I can get a Qi back. Otherwise, I'm watching them closely too.

Xiaomi: good value for money. They need to get their head out of their butts and into Eruope seriously in the next two years. MIUI is a heavy *** skin though. Need to see what they do with that over the next two years.

Apple: nothing. Been there, done that. Only phones they've made since I sold my iPhone 4 (their best design ever with the OG iPhone the second best) I'd consider are the SE and the iPhone 7. Don't need the app fatigue - that's why I left. 10(!) years to get a file manager? iTunes still as prevalent as ever? C'MON man!

Does this work for you?
Wow, yeah that does help. I feel like I understand your hardware and software preferences a little better now, thanks for sharing.

I can get the whole app fatigue thing for Apple though, and I figured as much about the KeyOne. What a nice looking phone that is. Ooh okay, that make sense about the Moto Z. As for your comment about the G6, you can probably guess my response...

Anyway, what about Sony? I remember 99 saying that you were(?) a fan of them at one point. I know that you have a tablet of theirs that you really like(d) but I don't recall how that translates to phones.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Things I like:

Does this work for you?
As for Sony...deep breaths...

They're off the deep end. While they finally started to cut down on their portfolio (while Moto expands theirs - WTF?), I think they've decided a refresh of their high end every 6 months is the way to go. SMH.

I've talked ad nauseum about them so the summary is...still needs better and more user friendly camera. Need to return to their stellar standby and battery days of the Z3 on 4.4.4. I'm indifferent about their design (WTF is the NFC logo doing in the front of the phone?). Still need a reason for people to care.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow, yeah that does help. I feel like I understand your hardware and software preferences a little better now, thanks for sharing.

I can get the whole app fatigue thing for Apple though, and I figured as much about the KeyOne. What a nice looking phone that is. Ooh okay, that make sense about the Moto Z. As for your comment about the G6, you can probably guess my response...

Anyway, what about Sony? I remember 99 saying that you were(?) a fan of them at one point. I know that you have a tablet of theirs that you really like(d) but I don't recall how that translates to phones.
I know your response to the G6 comment:

"I still haven't found mine yet."

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

As for Sony...deep breaths...

They're off the deep end. While they finally started to cut down on their portfolio (while Moto expands theirs - WTF?), I think they've decided a refresh of their high end every 6 months is the way to go. SMH.

I've talked ad nauseum about them so the summary is...still needs better and more user friendly camera. Need to return to their stellar standby and battery days of the Z3 on 4.4.4. I'm indifferent about their design (WTF is the NFC logo doing in the front of the phone?). Still need a reason for people to care.
True, you're so right about that.

Is it sad to say that I kind of like Sony just because they seem to be the only Android manufacturer that actually makes small phones? I guess Nokia is joining the club but I mean mid-range to high end small phones.

I have thought about riding with the X Compact more than I would admit to. Hoping for a better version to come, but not banking on it either.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

True, you're so right about that.

Is it sad to say that I kind of like Sony just because they seem to be the only Android manufacturer that actually makes small phones? I guess Nokia is joining the club but I mean mid-range to high end small phones.

I have thought about riding with the X Compact more than I would admit to. Hoping for a better version to come, but not banking on it either.
The X Compact line is dead. That news has been out for a while.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The X Compact line is dead. That news has been out for a while.

I know that it is, but I mean, a small version of the flagship again (like the original compact phones). There was something rumored, but sometimes rumors don't become true.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I know that it is, but I mean, a small version of the flagship again (like the original compact phones). There was something rumored, but sometimes rumors fail.
They killed that too. The Compact was the best selling phone in the Z series. I held the Z5 Compact and actually liked it. Sony has their head so far up their butt they can screen for colon cancer while they're in there...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

They killed that too. The Compact was the best selling phone in the Z series. I held the Z5 Compact and actually liked it. Sony has their head so far up their butt they can screen for colon cancer while they're in there...

Aw dang, that sucks! I think I missed that somehow. I'm disappointed.

@ the other part of your comment.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Aw dang, that sucks! I think I missed that somehow. I'm disappointed.

@ the other part of your comment.
I was tempted to get one for S&G. I really liked it but remembered it had the 810 chip and you needed to find one with the fingerprint scanner working (non US) and it's two years old which means it won't likely get O (if they give O to the Z3+, it'll get it). They need to change the brand of Sake they're drinking at Sony to some Common Sense V/O.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I was tempted to get one for S&G. I really liked it but remembered it had the 810 chip and you needed to find one with the fingerprint scanner working (non US) and it's two years old which means it won't likely get O (if they give O to the Z3+, it'll get it). They need to change the brand of Sake they're drinking at Sony to some Common Sense V/O.

So true. I had one for 3 hours, I get why you would be tempted.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Wow, my sister, future brother in law, his mom, sister and his nephew just left like 15 minutes ago. I feel kind of tired considering that they came around 3.

I was cleaning up for hours (no really) and I chose to retreat and relax but I didn't think they would be here for so long.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

3 hours only? So what happened?

I did not like the camera's performance in low light (for auto mode, that is) and it got really hot on me so I retuned it.

The way it felt was really nice though. The size of it was great too.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I did not like the camera's performance in low light (for auto mode, that is) and it got really hot on me so I retuned it.

The way it felt was really nice though. The size of it was great too.
So you saw my gripe with Sony camera's first hand...

That was the one thing I disliked about the Z3. Due used to get some nice shots from it consistently. I did too, but it was a camera you needed to use in manual mode, really. Sony still hasn't made the jump yet...still on this incremental mess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99