WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I feel so confused.

Got an email from Motorola yesterday night saying that the G5 Plus has been shipped and when I check the order status this morning, it says that it has been delivered this morning (and it really has!). Wow...

I'm starting to wonder if this is too much phone for my uncle's sister but I guess I will find out.
Awesome! I hope your uncle likes it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I think because in Europe (and Australi/Canada now I think) we have Visa/Mastercard debit cards most prefer to use them over other methods of payment. You also get payment protection and you don't pay a premium to use it.

If someone uses Paypal there is a percentage cost for the use.

I'm not saying it doesn't have it's advantages but if it's going to start costing me to use it then I'm not interested at all.
Debit cards lack the protection offered by credit cards or PayPal here in the US.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In my case, I got referrals to a therapist and a psychiatrist from my GP. The therapist and psychiatrist have offices across the hall from each other.
What Laura describes here is one of the more common entry points in the US system. People can also self refer directly by going through word of mouth, their insurance career, online. Some get referred after ER visits, mobile crisis teams, etc.

It's why insurance is such a huge issues here and as such all eyes on what Sen. McConnell and the changes they want to make to the ACA.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I swing by the long time repair guy I use to have him work on two old tablets the GF's nieces wrecked the screens. I walk in, he looks up and smiles:

"Long time no see. So what project did you bring me today?"
The hits keep coming:

Repair man: "So what phone are you using these days? Windows phone?"

(He knows I used to rep it a lot. His wife always scoffed at it and became an iOS user years ago.)

Then he starts ribbing me by calling me by my given name (he knew me by one of my nicknames) as seeing my ID.

Funny guy - very intelligent, he, his wife and the repair tech (I think that's his brother). Very versed in mobile tech too.

He's rocking a OnePlus 3 (no surprise) and an iPhone 6S.

Walking into the store brings back lots of project repair and recovery memories...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The hits keep coming:

Repair man: "So what phone are you using these days? Windows phone?"

(He knows I used to rep it a lot. His wife always scoffed at it and became an iOS user years ago.)

Then he starts ribbing me by calling me by my given name (he knew me by one of my nicknames) as seeing my ID.

Funny guy - very intelligent, he, his wife and the repair tech (I think that's his brother). Very versed in mobile tech too.

He's rocking a OnePlus 3 (no surprise) and an iPhone 6S.

Walking into the store brings back lots of project repair and recovery memories...

Sounds like you two are really cool with one another and/or you're just super friendly.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Gotta like Just Bagnell...he talked about questioning OnePlus' software support for future devices by referring to the OnePlus 2 fiasco.

Good.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The embargo has lifted and everyone has shat out their OnePlus 5 reviews...
I'm indifferent about what I've seen so far. Don't think I saw anything that would make me buy it, honestly. I'd still take a G6 over it. Price wise, value is solid. Good for the enthusiasts and the people OnePlus targets, but not for me.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm indifferent about what I've seen so far. Don't think I saw anything that would make me buy it, honestly. I'd still take a G6 over it. Price wise, value is solid. Good for the enthusiasts and the people OnePlus targets, but not for me.

I agree. I am more inclined to take the new G6 Plus in Blue over this device. I have enough background with the G6 camera to say this.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Watching this guy (on YouTube) talk about how to circumvent updates by Apple is interesting. It's a little too extreme for me.

Edit: Basically, you can go into the router and block updates from downloading on your phone or you can just take 4k video, enough to not allow for space for the update to download again after deleting it, and then just delete when needed for space and do it again.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Gotta like Just Bagnell...he talked about questioning OnePlus' software support for future devices by referring to the OnePlus 2 fiasco.

Good.

After watching his video and reading your comment, I had to find out when the OnePlus 2 was released. I was surprised to see that it isn't *that* old to get the treatment that it got.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I agree. I am more inclined to take the new G6 Plus in Blue over this device. I have enough background with the G6 camera to say this.
Ibid. I think OnePlus is slowly prepping their fanbase for when they start to charge big boy OEM money in a few years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12