WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It was my fault, should have put 'I' in there. It would be much more clear.
It's not your fault. Anything that has the following concept in it is already problematic:

"The first rule of English is that there is an exception to every rule."

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Well, I decided on the S8. Looked at the S8+ but I feel like the additional size could make the fingerprint scanner etc fairly awkward. I have fairly big hands but it seems a little much for one handed use which I still do quite a bit.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

It's not your fault. Anything that has the following concept in it is already problematic:

"The first rule of English is that there is an exception to every rule."
If you compare English to Spanish that axiom takes on a whole new meaning. Español, for the most part, is phonetic. You spell it like you say it. Only 3 rules for accents and only one silent letter (h) to deal with.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well, I decided on the S8. Looked at the S8+ but I feel like the additional size could make the fingerprint scanner etc fairly awkward. I have fairly big hands but it seems a little much for one handed use which I still do quite a bit.
Makes sense. Please let us know how that goes for you!
I hope you'll enjoy the S8.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Looks like I'm the only one not interested in any mobile phone offered right now.

Sent from mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Looks like I'm the only one not interested in any mobile phone offered right now.

Sent from mTalk

I can kind of relate. There is a phone I wish to try but it's more than likely not going to happen so I'll probably stick to the same phone. It's my favorite one I have owned so it's not a horrible fate or anything xd

Edit: I forgot about the G5 Plus that I am trying out before giving it up to my uncle in a few weeks. I find it interesting but not as interested in one for myself.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Switch process part one is complete. Hopefully I can complete part 2 by Friday, we'll see.

Speaking of switching, that Virgin Mobile service for $1 is kind of tempting even though it's only iPhones. The idea is interesting at most. Sprint works around here but I haven't heard good things in a while. To be fair, it could be possible that the network has changed. Even so, I don't think I could be bothered to try a different network until I deal with this process completely.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So quick update on the residency application.

I got the letter for my biometrics so I'm taking care of that tomorrow.

We requested for our passports to be returned and they just came back yesterday. Which is good. So no stressing over getting those back in time for our trip to Greece or other trips we may make between here and there.

So once the biometrics in, it's just waiting after that. No idea how long it will take.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So quick update on the residency application.

I got the letter for my biometrics so I'm taking care of that tomorrow.

We requested for our passports to be returned and they just came back yesterday. Which is good. So no stressing over getting those back in time for our trip to Greece or other trips we may make between here and there.

So once the biometrics in, it's just waiting after that. No idea how long it will take.
Nice. At least you've got some movement in the process.

I posted the 70s music list earlier - you many have to look back a little bit to see it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nice. At least you've got some movement in the process.

It still may be all for nothing...

Depending on what agreements happen about EU/UK citizens. Also the UK has brought in the ability to revoke residency into their law so this whole thing could be a waste of time.

They've been pretty harsh with people as of late. Some of the stories...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It still may be all for nothing...

Depending on what agreements happen about EU/UK citizens. Also the UK has brought in the ability to revoke residency into their law so this whole thing could be a waste of time.

They've been pretty harsh with people as of late. Some of the stories...
I understand. A bit of that is happening here under certain circumstances too. Lots of people in immigration limbo are even more scared than they've ever been.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Now, this is the second time in two months that this damn thing has frozen on me...both times I was doing a simple action of checking the time with the watch on the charger. And even though I did a soft reset, it almost happened again. Really not a fan of Wear 2.0. I still may not downgrade to 1.5 on the Huawei watch to give it more of a "fair shake".

It's not all roses with the Moto 360 either as I also had to do a restart today as well. But at least the watch settled down once I put it on the charger before I did the reboot...it was doing a little flickering screen action.

#wearablewoes

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I understand. A bit of that is happening here under certain circumstances too. Lots of people in immigration limbo are even more scared than they've ever been.

I'll give an example of what I mean.

1 - Person living here for over 25 years. Because of rule brought in 2011, no longer qualifies for permanent residency. Married with kids.

2 - Child born in the UK to parents from Hungry (one of the last 8 Eastern EU countries to join recently). Child has UK passport. Up for renewal. They won't renew it due to parents nationality.

There's many more but you get where I'm coming from.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo