WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'll give an example of what I mean.

1 - Person living here for over 25 years. Because of rule brought in 2011, no longer qualifies for permanent residency. Married with kids.

2 - Child born in the UK to parents from Hungry (one of the last 8 Eastern EU countries to join recently). Child has UK passport. Up for renewal. They won't renew it due to parents nationality.

There's many more but you get where I'm coming from.
That's just trash...but sadly not surprising that they did that.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'll give an example of what I mean.

1 - Person living here for over 25 years. Because of rule brought in 2011, no longer qualifies for permanent residency. Married with kids.

2 - Child born in the UK to parents from Hungry (one of the last 8 Eastern EU countries to join recently). Child has UK passport. Up for renewal. They won't renew it due to parents nationality.

There's many more but you get where I'm coming from.

That's just being a jerk.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So quick update on the residency application.

I got the letter for my biometrics so I'm taking care of that tomorrow.

We requested for our passports to be returned and they just came back yesterday. Which is good. So no stressing over getting those back in time for our trip to Greece or other trips we may make between here and there.

So once the biometrics in, it's just waiting after that. No idea how long it will take.

That seems like it was quicker than doing the first step was. May you get the best outcome and good luck!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So quick update on the residency application.

I got the letter for my biometrics so I'm taking care of that tomorrow.

We requested for our passports to be returned and they just came back yesterday. Which is good. So no stressing over getting those back in time for our trip to Greece or other trips we may make between here and there.

So once the biometrics in, it's just waiting after that. No idea how long it will take.

Do you have to give up Canadian citizenship? Or you can have a dual.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Do you have to give up Canadian citizenship? Or you can have a dual.

I'm not applying for citizenship only residency.

I already have dual citizenship. I'm Canadian/Australian. UK would be three, which is allowed but I don't see the point in getting it.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Haven't been tired this much in a while. Didn't do anything physically but mentally. This damn mathematics. I'm dragging these two areas for a month now. I never liked analythic geometry nor did I like trigonometry.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Haven't been tired this much in a while. Didn't do anything physically but mentally. This damn mathematics. I'm dragging these two areas for a month now. I never liked analythic geometry nor did I like trigonometry.

I always liked trig. I probably did the other but don't recall it.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm not applying for citizenship only residency.

I already have dual citizenship. I'm Canadian/Australian. UK would be three, which is allowed but I don't see the point in getting it.

I guess I missunderstood you. Doesn't residency comes along with working permit? Man I know very few about the laws.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So here's how I'm standing with my college apllication.

To enter the college I want (which is by the way, along with the medicine, the toughest one in my country) I would need at least 80 points in total, out of 100. This is what it means.

You can have a maximum od 60 points from highschool. Averages and key subjects are what counts. I'll have around 53 points, which is not that bad, but again, not so great.

I believe I can score 30 of out 40 points on the entrance exam, minimum. I've completed exams from the previous years and they weren't that tough.

If it goes like this I'll be accepted and have a free scolarship. By the way, I'm already in, since I have enough points from the highschool, what I'm aiming for now is the free scolarship I just mentioned.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I guess I missunderstood you. Doesn't residency comes along with working permit? Man I know very few about the laws.

I'll explain. Most countries have similar systems to what I'm about to explain but some countries may be different.

General Immigration (non EU)
Usually starts with a visa of some sort. Student, skilled (work falls in here), partner or general (meaning you applied for visa and you may not get it)

Once you are accepted for a visa you have a time limit in which to 'accept it'. Meaning you have to move to the country. This is typically a year.

Once in the country, depending on the type of visa you entered on you have several avenues to permanent residency and then citizenship. This is usually after a period of time in the country.

Every country is different but typically about 4-5 years for permanent residency. You don't need to get citizenship but you'll need to renew your residency visa when it expires if you plan to travel.

Once you have permanent residency you the have a period of time before you can apply for citizenship. Again this varies for each country. Also what the country counts as time varies as well. For example if you were a student when you entered but met someone and then got a partner visa, the time as a student may not be counted towards your citizenship or permanent residency.

General EU Residency
As an EU citizen you don't need to get permanent residency or citizenship of that country. However, you do need to register with that country to let them know you're there. The UK system differs here slightly which is partially why they have the issues they do.

For a non EU married to an EU citizen (me for example) I can go with my EU partner to wherever they go. Once in that country I need to register with that country and this allows me to work. This is typically a 'Family Permit'. After 5 years I can apply for permanent residency in that country. Then after that I can apply for citizenship. Again time line and requirements for citizenship differs per country.

For countries not in the EU but in Europe you can apply for a workers permit which allows you to work and live in Europe. I'm assuming that there are restrictions on this type of permit and I'm not sure if there is a path to permanent residency.

That's as much as I know anyway.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

They don't make chips all that hot I think for legal reasons.

Doritos had this mix bag over here where there were some hot spicy ones in it. They called them Roulettes. They weren't that hot and spicy but still got complaints.

Then again, it takes a lot to impress me when it comes to hot and spicy.

There were some Ghost Pepper chips I got ahold of a couple of months back. They were hot. Very hot.

I can't find the picture I took, of the bag, on my phone, but here's one from the interwebs...

th2KQN6QAU.jpg

Did I mention they were hot?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

To enter the college I want (which is by the way, along with the medicine, the toughest one in my country) I would need at least 80 points in total, out of 100. This is what it means.

You can have a maximum od 60 points from highschool. Averages and key subjects are what counts. I'll have around 53 points, which is not that bad, but again, not so great.

I believe I can score 30 of out 40 points on the entrance exam, minimum. I've completed exams from the previous years and they weren't that tough.

If it goes like this I'll be accepted and have a free scolarship. By the way, I'm already in, since I have enough points from the highschool, what I'm aiming for now is the free scolarship I just mentioned.

Good Luck!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There were some Ghost Pepper chips I got ahold of a couple of months back. They were hot. Very hot.

I can't find the picture I took, of the bag, on my phone, but here's one from the interwebs...

View attachment 136392

I went to the website... looks very interesting. They call them 'gourmet' so I'll assume they're not that common?

I had Ghost Chilli peanut butter. :D

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 136392

Oh they had a Carolina Reaper Tortilla Chip! That would be very freaking hot!

Paqui® - Carolina Reaper Madness Chip

Unfortunately they're sold out... :/

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Good luck! I hope that you get the scholarship.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm not very excited about 2017 phones so far. Guess we were spoiled last year with some killer options in that $350 - $500 range.

But, there's still time...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)