WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That is just nonsense. Only an ignorant would deny such thing ads an evolution. I can't and will no accept that it's a matter of choice.

Also, our former Ministry of science, sports and culture congratulated Turkey on the ban, commenting that 'someone finally remembered to ban a crap like that'. A freaking Ministry of ******* science.

I'm sure the US will congratulate them as well... :p

Seriously, certain states in the US have been trying for decades to get evolution out of the schools and this may give them hope. Sad really.

I've been saying for some time that science text books need to be written differently, especially biology ones. Evolution is THE main aspect of biology. Nothing makes sense in biology without it. Kids should be learning about it as soon as they start learning anything to do with biology. It's not that difficult of a concept.

In the US it doesn't get taught until the final year and usually in it's own chapter. Typically what happens is that it doesn't get taught at all. Usually due to pressure from kids and their parents.

This is why the text books need to change.

In any case. I've been thinking with this hard shift to the right in some countries, it's not surprising that things like this will happen. Hopefully it's only for a short period of time but that will depend on prosperity... I've notice ignorance thrives when times are bad.

Last edited:

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Ah... managed to go out to the farm and walk the hills... Guess what I found?

ZTwK1zE.jpg

...!!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Durian fruit?

Smells horrible but tastes like ice cream?

Yup, durians. .
A many brave soul, especially famous western chefs has been slayed...

It's an acquired taste, its no more "horrible" as blue cheese or Limburger

...!!

Last edited:

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Sounds like you had a lot going on today. Sounds nice to just chill...in your case, you are literally doing it with cold lemonade xd

The amount of mistakes I made in that post, terrible :D.

But yeah, it was nice really. Nothing beats cold lemonade, not even a cold beer.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Also I'm not sure if I have mentioned it here but me and my cousin will be sleeping in the same bed for 2 nights for the wedding days.

Mind you that I met this cousin a year ago and we don't really talk at all. She's not a bad person but she seems interested in the shiny things. My brother works in IT, which is shiny to her because money. My sister owns her own home, which is shiny to her too because home ownership. Me, I just work in a library and that's not even shiny. I can say that I'm NOT looking forward to this and I need to sell my 950 before all of this.

I could find a place to stay, sure but that means that she'll be sleeping around all of my stuff...and I don't trust her enough to be comfortable with such an arrangement.

Seems like you got the worse end of it. Like you, I don't appreciate shallow people, and wouldn't feel comfortable around one at all.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure the US will congratulate them as well... :p

Seriously, certain states in the US have been trying for decades to get evolution out of the schools and this may give them hope. Sad really.

I've been saying for some time that science text books need to be written differently, especially biology ones. Evolution is THE main aspect of biology. Nothing makes sense in biology without it. Kids should be learning about it as soon as they start learning anything to do with biology. It's not that difficult of a concept.

In the US it doesn't get taught until the final year and usually in it's own chapter. Typically what happens is that it doesn't get taught at all. Usually due to pressure from kids and their parents.

This is why the text books need to change.

In any case. I've been thinking with this hard shift to the right in some countries, it's not surprising that things like this will happen. Hopefully it's only for a short period of time but that will depend on prosperity... I've notice ignorance thrives when times are bad.

Same thing here, if I remember correctly since, it was a long time ago, evolution is teached in 9th grade, which is the last elementary grade.

I've been raised in a so-so religious family, and was never told the evolution was a fake. I used to spend hours watching documentaries, and so I was familiar with the theory way before it was brought to us in the school. So when the teacher said :"Kids, it's up to you to choose whether you'll accept this or not, it's my job to teach, the rest is on you". And I was like, wtf? I get to choose if I believe something that's teached in school, as a science?

I was honestly surprised.

If ignorance takes over, then we're doomed. On one side we've got a dude who's making badass electrical vehicles, launching used rockets into sky and making a freaking Hyperloop under LA, while on the other there's this orange fellow.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Same thing here, if I remember correctly since, it was a long time ago, evolution is teached in 9th grade, which is the last elementary grade.

I've been raised in a so-so religious family, and was never told the evolution was a fake. I used to spend hours watching documentaries, and so I was familiar with the theory way before it was brought to us in the school. So when the teacher said :"Kids, it's up to you to choose whether you'll accept this or not, it's my job to teach, the rest is on you". And I was like, wtf? I get to choose if I believe something that's teached in school, as a science?

I was honestly surprised.

If ignorance takes over, then we're doomed. On one side we've got a dude who's making badass electrical vehicles, launching used rockets into sky and making a freaking Hyperloop under LA, while on the other there's this orange fellow.

I was referring to the high school. As prior to college or university. There's many students who go to these institutions and take biology and get shocked that evolution is the main topic of discussion.

Not to beat up religion, but it's been the number one source for any hindrance in our scientific study. Everything from Galileo to Darwin. Religion holds us back, because we need 'mystery' or whatever else they think...

The bigger issue with denying evolution is the that it relies on all the other sciences to hold up it's proofs. If you start saying that evolution is wrong, that means, astrophysics is wrong, physics is wrong, geological science is wrong, chemistry is wrong, you get my point.

Of course, evolution on it's own is a real science. It's used in medicine mostly at the moment but just like any other science it has it's own predictions and theories within it. Not to mention it's tested as well. Evolution basically gets tested hundreds of times daily. It still holds up.

But the fundamentalists don't like it because it says something about the world they don't like. Something about life they don't like. Well, that's too bad really, because it's real and true.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

It's been hot and humid here. The walk in the hills was great though.

Ended the day by the beach for some breath taking atmosphere.

(Tanjung Aru beach, Kota Kinabalu)

fAPjcdH.jpg

3OmX9cc.jpg

xUpZXD7.jpg

UvkTJze.jpg

Took some shots in portrait mode, but can't seem to upload using WC app

...!!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It feels good to finally come to work with just one phone after a month and some of always having two phones.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

it's been cool here the last week or so. They're predicting higher than usual temperatures this summer but so far it has been a little cool. Hoping to soak up some sun soon.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo