WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It's not that massive of an adjustment. LOL!

I lived in Finland for 10 months but France will be a lot easier. This will also be country four for me so it's not like I haven't done it before. :)

We have unknowns at the moment so it's working through those as well but we're confident things will work out. :)

To me, it sounds like one, but I forget you have had a lot of experience with this. Moving is annoying though.

That's a great way to look at it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

To me, it sounds like one, but I forget you have had a lot of experience with this. Moving is annoying though.

That's a great way to look at it.

I won't disagree with you there!

However, we plan to move as little as possible. We're going to sell all the big stuff and reduce things we don't need/want to a minimum.

So if we're lucky, maybe a two to four car loads of stuff?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I won't disagree with you there!

However, we plan to move as little as possible. We're going to sell all the big stuff and reduce things we don't need/want to a minimum.

So if we're lucky, maybe a two to four car loads of stuff?

That's a great plan. I wish you two good luck with selling the stuff that isn't needed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Kindly explain that to my wife. While you're at it also mention what a PITA painting can be. It's not fun like Lowe's commercials make it out to be.

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk
Good luck with that one. Wish I could help you there, but cannot take on that chore and be successful...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

So I couldn't wait any longer! I bit the bullet and bought a replacement motherboard and CPU. I decided since I'm on this extremely tight budget right now, I'd narrow my search to two requirements; one, the cheapest I could find, and two; it had to be an upgrade over what I had....

I found the MSI Gaming 970 motherboard (AM3+ socket) ($86 USD), and the AMD FX-6300 3.5Ghz Hexecore (Vishera) CPU. ($82 USD) both on Newegg with a combo discount.

This way I can use the DDR3 I've already got. The FX-6300 is a couple years old already, yes, but what it's replacing is over 10 years old.

So I ordered these the other day. They've already arrived, and I've got my machine back up and running. Just in time for this weekend's Quake Champions closed beta run. I got to play last night for a few hours and now have a smile on my face again!!!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So I couldn't wait any longer! I bit the bullet and bought a replacement motherboard and CPU. I decided since I'm on this extremely tight budget right now, I'd narrow my search to two requirements; one, the cheapest I could find, and two; it had to be an upgrade over what I had....

I found the MSI Gaming 970 motherboard (AM3+ socket) ($86 USD), and the AMD FX-6300 3.5Ghz Hexecore (Vishera) CPU. ($82 USD) both on Newegg with a combo discount.

This way I can use the DDR3 I've already got. The FX-6300 is a couple years old already, yes, but what it's replacing is over 10 years old.

So I ordered these the other day. They've already arrived, and I've got my machine back up and running. Just in time for this weekend's Quake Champions closed beta run. I got to play last night for a few hours and now have a smile on my face again!!!

Yay!!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My brother's idea of the possibility that my friend might like me keeps rolling in my head. One of the things he said is that it's probably hard to read me so he might not be sure of what to do, if anything. He (my brother) has ruined my mind. I like him for the person he is and all, but I don't know about more than that. I'll be honest, the idea is far from dreadful...

I'll be seeing him today, along with the rest of the group and I don't need this in my mind right now.
Just hang out with the guy and see. Don't force the "whole what if he likes me and I now have to figure out who I feel about this and him bit".

The more you understand and are comfortable with yourself and what you want, the easier this stuff can fall into place.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Just hang out with the guy and see. Don't force the "whole what if he likes me and I now have to figure out who I feel about this and him bit".

The more you understand and are comfortable with yourself and what you want, the easier this stuff can fall into place.

Thanks! I'll take your word for it. I just found out yesterday that he is also a fan of my baseball team and he didn't know that I was into it. I told him to tell me when he is going to a game next.
Not because of what I wrote but going to games is a hassle because no one I know (before now, that is) likes it much so I am dragging them, which makes the experience not as fun for me.

Funny story related to this. We were with other friends and some new people last night and a lady asked me if he was my boyfriend I told her nah, we are all just friends but I found that to be funny.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The lady was the Mom of the fiancee of my 20 year old friend. She seemed sweet. Glad that his fiancee is here now, it was cool to have a social experience with her.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanks! I'll take your word for it. I just found out yesterday that he is also a fan of my baseball team and he didn't know that I was into it. I told him to tell me when he is going to a game next.
Not because of what I wrote but going to games is a hassle because no one I know (before now, that is) likes it much so I am dragging them, which makes the experience not as fun for me.

Funny story related to this. We were with other friends and some new people last night and a lady asked me if he was my boyfriend I told her nah, we are all just friends but I found that to be funny.
People put too much pressure on themselves to find a mate.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

People put too much pressure on themselves to find a mate.

You're right, they do. I blame society. It seems like regardless of gender, that is always implied. People expect that if you are single, you should be looking for one.

And there's the whole "Why are you single?" conversation that comes in. And you know, it's not acceptable to just be, you should be dating.

Personally, I have been single longer than I haven't been I'm not bothered. I wouldn't be opposed to being with a guy at this point but I have other things that I want more.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You're right, they do. I blame society. It seems like regardless of gender, that is always implied. People expect that if you are single, you should be looking for one.

And there's the whole "Why are you single?" conversation that comes in. And you know, it's not acceptable to just be, you should be dating.

Personally, I have been single longer than I haven't been I'm not bothered. I wouldn't be opposed to being with a guy at this point but I have other things that I want more.
It's how humans have survived. There are pros and cons to it. It ultimately boils down to what is important to you and your cultural obligations are (and how you feel about these).

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's how humans have survived. There are pros and cons to it. It ultimately boils down to what is important to you and your cultural obligations are (and how you feel about these).

True points. In my case, as far as I know, cultural obligations really come down to the wedding steps. It's common for people to have just 2 but I have more.

Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean by cultural obligations, that's all that comes to mind when it comes to that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

True points. In my case, as far as I know, cultural obligations really come down to the wedding steps. It's common for people to have just 2 but I have more.

Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean by cultural obligations, that's all that comes to mind when it comes to that.
Yes and no.

For some, religious and certain cultural obligations (arranged marriage, ethnicity, etc) trump individual autonomy in choosing a mate. For those who do not have as strong or such constraints, figuring out what you want is very helpful.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yes and no.

For some, religious and certain cultural obligations (arranged marriage, ethnicity, etc) trump individual autonomy in choosing a mate. For those who do not have as strong or such constraints, figuring out what you want is very helpful.

Ooh okay, I see. I have individual autonomy, even though my parents would like for me to marry a guy from my ethnic group (this is not really likely because there are fewer of us in my area) or one from certain groups. That's a likely thing but far from mandatory. Whoever it is will have to be willing to deal with the steps, because those steps are all about respect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99