WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Maybe I am incorrigible, just a bit.

I got another SE in the color I always (maybe not always but for a while) wanted (and bigger storage, at that) from the Apple Store to test a carrier feature. It didn't work so I sent it back. cricket had a sale on one that was a really nice price and I was watching it. Called the store 17 minutes away and they had just one left so I went for it. Just like that. What I wanted to test STILL doesn't work but it's not a massive thing. I'm not sure what to do with myself but I did want to up the storage so I went with it.

I hate that I only have 6 days to decide if I will keep it or not, that's too short but I think I will keep it though.

Related to that, I'm debating if I should keep my other line just to try the few small Android phones that might come out. I have been wrestling to cancel it but it's hard for me to get myself to do it. Maybe I could wait for IFA possibly. To be fair, I'm still waiting on a bill credit which will come around IFA time, so I'll only have to swallow it for one month so I think I should be fine. I'm aware that I'm weird. xd

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Maybe I am incorrigible, just a bit.

I got another SE in the color I always (maybe not always but for a while) wanted (and bigger storage, at that) from the Apple Store to test a carrier feature. It didn't work so I sent it back. cricket had a sale on one that was a really nice price and I was watching it. Called the store 17 minutes away and they had just one left so I went for it. Just like that. What I wanted to test STILL doesn't work but it's not a massive thing. I'm not sure what to do with myself but I did want to up the storage (and change the color) so I did.

I hate that I only have 6 days to decide if I will keep it or not, that's too short but I think I will keep it though.

Related to that, I'm debating if I should keep my other line just to try the few small Android phones that might come out. I have been wrestling to cancel it but it's hard for me to get myself to do it. Maybe I could wait for IFA possibly...
*sigh*

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Haha I saw that coming.

To be fair, my original SE is 16gb so it does make sense (to me). I'm hearing LG G6 mini rumors and a Sony rumor that keep appearing. Maybe I could be like 99 and just change the other sim around when I feel like it (for the next month and some) but have the main sim in the SE.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Haha I saw that coming.

To be fair, my original SE is 16gb so it does make sense (to me). I'm hearing LG G6 mini rumors and a Sony rumor that keep appearing. Maybe I could be like 99 and just change the other sim around when I feel like it (for the next month and some) but have the main sim in the SE.
*sigh*. Still cannot find that in hand fit...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

*sigh*. Still cannot find that in hand fit...

It's easier said than done. The SE is the closest though but I do occasionally wish that the front cam was a little better. I miss the Pixel and Honor 8 on that front. If there was an SE 2, maybe I'll be "cured".

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's easier said than done. The SE is the closest though but I do occasionally wish that the front cam was a little better. I miss the Pixel and Honor 8 on that front. If there was an SE 2, maybe I'll be "cured".
*cough* doubt that *cough* really doubt that *cough*

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

*cough* doubt that *cough* really doubt that *cough*

You sound like my friend a little bit yesterday, questioning my phone operations and if it's legal LOL. (Same friend referenced earlier, by the way. He's funny...)

I think I can be, once I feel like I'm out of options. Rumors aside, I feel that way somewhat, which is part of the reason why I went for the "upgrade".

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You sound like my friend a little bit yesterday, questioning my phone operations and if it's legal LOL. (Same friend referenced earlier, by the way. He's funny...)

I think I can be, once I feel like I'm out of options. Rumors aside, I feel that way somewhat, which is part of the reason why I went for the "upgrade".
"Seeing is believing". The itch of the enthusiast isn't so easily cured...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

"Seeing is believing". The itch of the enthusiast isn't so easily cured...

That's true. You're right about that, I think it's going to be hard. It feels more possible when I feel like it's best for me to give up and it starts to bother me. I'm not at that point yet, but I'm sure it's coming. If I had to leave all other phones and just take one for some reason, I would take the SE in a heartbeat though.

If I make it two months without trying to buy a phone, that would be a solid accomplishment (but imo, buying them for family does NOT count).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's true. You're right about that, I think it's going to be hard. It feels more possible when I feel like it's best for me to give up and it starts to bother me. I'm not at that point yet, but I'm sure it's coming. If I had to leave all other phones and just take one for some reason, I would take the SE in a heartbeat though.

If I make it two months without trying to buy a phone, that would be a solid accomplishment (but imo, buying them for family does NOT count).
Good luck.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

It's not that massive of an adjustment. LOL!

I lived in Finland for 10 months but France will be a lot easier. This will also be country four for me so it's not like I haven't done it before. :)

We have unknowns at the moment so it's working through those as well but we're confident things will work out. :)
Wait what? You are moving?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wait what? You are moving?
Yeah in about 4-6 month's time. Depending on how fast things move for us. We've got about a month left of work on the house. Might try to make it less. Then depending on certain things we should be moving before Christmas.

Still have our trip in August so that will stall things a touch, maybe...

I hate renovating in the winter but hopefully it won't be too bad.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Yeah in about 4-6 month's time. Depending on how fast things move for us. We've got about a month left of work on the house. Might try to make it less. Then depending on certain things we should be moving before Christmas.

Still have our trip in August so that will stall things a touch, maybe...

I hate renovating in the winter but hopefully it won't be too bad.
You are moving to France if I understand that correctly.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Yep. We sort of know where we want to go..

I'm all sorts of jelly. I've always wanted to live in a different country even if it's just for a short while. Well, technically I already do since I wasn't born in the US but you get my drift. Best of luck.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Around Paris? Do you have a job there?
Nope not Paris. Change of lifestyle. As close to Bordeaux as possible without being in it.

I might do some small contract jobs but in general I don't plan to do anymore design work unless I have to. It's become boring. Engineering isn't what is cracked up to be unless you're doing site or r&d.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Nope not Paris. Change of lifestyle. As close to Bordeaux as possible without being in it.

I might do some small contract jobs but in general I don't plan to do anymore design work unless I have to. It's become boring. Engineering isn't what is cracked up to be unless you're doing site or r&d.
Cool, so going a bit easier from now on? :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel