WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yup. The water shortages is still ongoing at the house I grew up in. When you live in the middle of a plateau...
As incredible as it sounds, we've had many shortages in South Florida in the past. The worst one was in the mid-90s where you couldn't wash your car, water your lawn only once a week and they'd fine you if the usage on your water bill was over a certain amount. One tropical storm (Gordon) and it was all she wrote. We had flooding for a week and the Army Corps of Engineers had no clue how to drain Lake Okeechobee. Mother Nature, being the mother she is, said "You want water? Here, have some water b****es."

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As incredible as it sounds, we've had many shortages in South Florida in the past. The worst one was in the mid-90s where you couldn't wash your car, water your lawn only once a week and they'd fine you if the usage on your water bill was over a certain amount. One tropical storm (Gordon) and it was all she wrote. We had flooding for a week and the Army Corps of Engineers had no clue how to drain Lake Okeechobee. Mother Nature, being the mother she is, said "You want water? Here, have some water b****es."
Not surprised with that about Florida.

Still, there is a big difference between restrictions on watering lawns and washing cars and not having enough water pressure inside your home to wash dishes or take a shower (that's what I experienced and was alluding to) consistently and then not at all.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Not surprised with that about Florida.

Still, there is a big difference between restrictions on watering lawns and washing cars and not having enough water pressure inside your home to wash dishes or take a shower (that's what I experienced and was alluding to) consistently and then not at all.
That suuuuucks! Someone at City Hall needs to have their ears tugged on. There is zero correlation between water pressure and flow rate. Domestic water distribution is all about flow. If you put a gauge on a fire hydrant with a 3" outlet and a 3/8" toilet supply tube you'll have the same +/- 55psi. Guess which one is going to get you wet the most. I've been in plumbing/mechanical for over 30 years, believe me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That suuuuucks! Someone at City Hall needs to have their ears tugged on. There is zero correlation between water pressure and flow rate. Domestic water distribution is all about flow. If you put a gauge on a fire hydrant with a 3" outlet and a 3/8" toilet supply tube you'll have the same +/- 55psi. Guess which one is going to get you wet the most. I've been in plumbing/mechanical for over 30 years, believe me.
So what if your house in in the middle of an incline and the water source is at at a level that's higher fhan the house (at the top of the incline)?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

So what if your house in in the middle of an incline and the water source is at at a level that's higher fhan the house (at the top of the incline)?
Atmospheric pressure is 14.7psi @ sea level and 29.92"hg barometric pressure. If the pumps fail you would still get a gravity feed.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Hearing that the LG G6 mini (it will officially be called the Q6) has a Snapdragon 430 processor, makes me want to be over this hoping and seeking.

LG Q6 hits Geekbench, Snapdragon 430 chipset confirmed - GSMArena.com news

It would have been nice but with that processor, not sure about how that handles Android. Sony's offering (rumored to be announced in August) will probably be overpriced so I think I give up.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Atmospheric pressure is 14.7psi @ sea level and 29.92"hg barometric pressure. If the pumps fail you would still get a gravity feed.
Ok. Well, we got screwed and because we were in a poor part of town that the MP (the equivalent of the Congressman here) who only showed up during election campaign, every few years...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think if I can get the V20 to the latest software, I'll keep it. Otherwise, I'll have fun with it until I can get a G6+ (if it becomes available).

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think if I can get the V20 to the latest software, I'll keep it. Otherwise, I'll have fun with it until I can get a G6+ (if it becomes available).
The G6+ looks pretty legit. Sounds like a good plan. What is it that is annoying about the software it is currently on? Is some stuff not working the way that it should or is it the principle or something else?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The G6+ looks pretty legit. Sounds like a good plan. What is it that is annoying about the software it is currently on? Is some stuff not working the way that it should or is it the principle or something else?
The V20 is on pre production software - Android patch is September 2016. Because it was a pre production model, updating it via OTA doesn't work.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ohh okay. I figured that they would pull a Sony and at least put in a midrange processor. I didn't think that it would be way underpowered.
It sounds like you haven't been around these parts long enough...look at the S5, HTC M8, G5, etc and similar phones...then look at their mini variants. The only oem who didn't make a watered down mini was Sony with their Z series compact line...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It sounds like you haven't been around these parts long enough...look at the S5, HTC M8, G5, etc and similar phones...then look at their mini variants. The only oem who didn't make a watered down mini was Sony with their Z series compact line...

Yep, you're right about that. I hopped on the train with Windows Phone and ignored everything else, so I had no idea this was the case. 2016 was the year I started to notice things (really because I was trying everything to find that right fit).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yep, you're right about that. I hopped on the train with Windows Phone and ignored everything else, so I had no idea this was the case. 2016 was the year I started to notice things.
Well, do some research on those models and you'll see what I mean...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Haven't been around here for a while. Been preparing for the entrance exam. If there are quotes I'll reply them sometimes on Monday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion