WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Why can't people just mind their own damned business?
If people actually minded their own business, a lot of people would be out of work. Can you imagine a world without haters, gossips? [Massive sarcasm alert]

That's too boring for me...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I often wonder how much jealously plays a role in what people project onto others.

I don't have kids. I'm not interested. My wife didn't want any. So we're good.

Some people can't deal with that though. My wife heard all the usual things as well. For some reason that doesn't happen for men. I wonder why? At least, not personally for me.

I don't regret not having kids either. I'm honestly not fond of kids. Also my brother and sister did enough to pass on the genes.

I think we have a big enough population anyway.
Having been raised in what they would call in the US "kinship foster home", I'd either want to have my own or adopt...if I ever fully decided on children. Being a guy I have the societal advantage of trying to accumulate more resources and then go get a younger woman pregnant to make a child (for example, the GF's brother is in his early 40s and his last daughter's mother is in her 20s). I don't believe in making kids haphazardly though. I could easily decide not to do this either and be OK. My brother has three kids and the family is waiting on my sister and me to join in (she wants to adopt when she's ready).

I've had many an opportunity to make a child and declined them because they weren't good co-parenting situations...and haven't been proven wrong in those choices either.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I often wonder how much jealously plays a role in what people project onto others.

I don't have kids. I'm not interested. My wife didn't want any. So we're good.

Some people can't deal with that though. My wife heard all the usual things as well. For some reason that doesn't happen for men. I wonder why? At least, not personally for me.

I don't regret not having kids either. I'm honestly not fond of kids. Also my brother and sister did enough to pass on the genes.

I think we have a big enough population anyway.
Some people do that via jealousy and some project onto others because they haven't resolved their own feelings over choices they made in their own circumstances...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

If people actually minded their own business, a lot of people would be out of work. Can you imagine a world without haters, gossips? [Massive sarcasm alert]

That's too boring for me...
There would be fewer people in jail as well. Can you imagine a world where you could beat the ever loving crap out of a hater/gossip without fear of going in front of hizzoner?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

There would be fewer people in jail as well. Can you imagine a world where you could beat the ever loving crap out of a hater/gossip without fear of going in front of hizzoner?
That would also mean more work for the undertakers too...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh please, don't associate anything I write with that dumpster fire.
While you may have wrote it, I'm sure he has come up with the same thought about an affinity for the concept of free market enterprise...

Even if he came from money, Mr. Trump isn't THAT stupid. If he was, he'd have been flat broke by now. History is littered with wealthy people who have squandered resources and have joined the ranks of the poor.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

MrMobile has the setup in his daily kit that I find really appealing...a Key One and a G6 as daily drivers...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

While you may have wrote it, I'm sure he has come up with the same thought about an affinity for the concept of free market enterprise...

Even if he came from money, Mr. Trump isn't THAT stupid. If he was, he'd have been flat broke by now. History is littered with wealthy people who have squandered resources and have joined the ranks of the poor.
I wasn't referring to his financial acumen though it's easy to become wealthy by stiffing everybody. He's morally bankrupt.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I wasn't referring to his financial acumen though it's easy to become wealthy by stiffing everybody. He's morally bankrupt.
Well, I'll leave you to speak about his morality reserves. Most people call him "not smart" no matter what aspect of his behaviors or personality. To me, you still have to have some intelligence to be able to stiff people and stay wealthy.

My comments aren't really directed at you but I honestly think we are better served to not give Mr. Trump's faults any more extra airtime as he is capable of doing that himself when he opens his mouth. The scary part about this current administration is the evirnoment of "ethnocentrism via opinion" that has been created. It's like people cannot accept that others have differences of opinion and agree to disagree. It's now a ******* match about who's opinion is more valuable or matters more.

'Murica is really about to be shat on hard...by its own citizens, no less...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Some people do that via jealousy and some project onto others because they haven't resolved their own feelings over choices they made in their own circumstances...

Hmm you saying that reminds me of something the same lady was saying yesterday.

She was saying that it was too late for her but if she wasn't married right now, she might have not chosen to marry an African man. Apparently, she's not even sure she wants her daughters to do so because of some things. Didn't hear anything else or an explanation of that statement.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You know, seeing all this teacher stuff in the news now makes we want to write a commentary post on it...

If any of the regulars here have any commentary ideas for me, please let me know...always looking for new material.

I would be interested in hearing your take on it. I have no suggestions at the moment though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's the last weekend and the final big prep is underway.

Currently enjoying the last few nights of sleeping in my bed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hmm you saying that reminds me of something the same lady was saying yesterday.

She was saying that it was too late for her but if she wasn't married right now, she might have not chosen to marry an African man. Apparently, she's not even sure she wants her daughters to do so because of some things. Didn't hear anything else or an explanation of that statement.
You weren't going to hear her disclose reasons why. Sounds like a bunch of regret driven by a myriad of possibilities (timing, specific pressures, abuse, infidelity, etc first pop to mind intially, but it may not be any of those things I mentioned).

I learned a long time ago that it is important to stay in tune with your expectations and be honest with yourself in relation to what you want in a relationship. Some cultures may not allow men and women to easily get what they want, yet even in those circumstances people manage to achieve happiness.

More we pay attention to ourselves, the more insight we gain into our relationships. And vice versa.

The trick is how to do those well simultaneously, because they ARE occurring simultaneously - no matter how we feel about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb