WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

LG frustrates me. Almost as bad as Sony does.

I kinda feel bad for LG, but not really. They had two good opportunities to right the ship with the V20 and swung and missed.

Hear me out. The G5 really, really screwed them...not for the modularity, but for continuing the stench of QC issues. Bootloops with the V10 and G4 and 5X (and a few G3 models, I heard). Designs issues with the G5.

Now you have camera glass issues with the V20 and the usage of GG3 on the front panel of the G6 and how it can crack a bit easier from short falls face down. I didn't think LG did enough to present the G6 as a reason to buy it on its own, vs as an alternative to the S7.

To me, the G6+ with 64GB of RAM should have been the global package. One phone with all the tricks and maybe a hair slimmer and updated the UX (especially the icons) and dual speakers.

It was a good try by LG and I would happily own a G6, but they need to slash the lineup and have 4 phones with a clearer identity and much better QC. Even HTC did a really good job with the U 11 and if that phone had Qi, I'd pick it over the G6 as much as I love the LG wide angle lens.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Even if he came from money, Mr. Trump isn't THAT stupid. If he was, he'd have been flat broke by now. History is littered with wealthy people who have squandered resources and have joined the ranks of the poor.

From what I've read, he's not very good at business either. He surrounds himself with people who know what they're doing. He tends to bully people, which is not very good business acumen these days.

I believe it was stated that had he left the money his father made in the bank he'd be richer now.

He didn't even write his most famous book FFS or had anything to do with it.

There is very little to admire about him in any way. Probably the most dangerous person ever to be president as well. He's going to do more damage to the USA than any military erver would.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

From what I've read, he's not very good at business either. He surrounds himself with people who know what they're doing. He tends to bully people, which is not very good business acumen these days.

I believe it was stated that had he left the money his father made in the bank he'd be richer now.

He didn't even write his most famous book FFS or had anything to do with it.

There is very little to admire about him in any way. Probably the most dangerous person ever to be president as well. He's going to do more damage to the USA than any military erver would.
Cannot be a dummy if you at least know well enough to surround yourself with people who know what they're doing.

Not saying the dude is a Nobel laureate, but he's no uber numbskull either. I agree that there's a lot to distrust in there, but people have to get off the bashing him bandwagon sometimes and get some actual work done in change and keeping some of his mantra in check. Just saying...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Cannot be a dummy if you at least know well enough to surround yourself with people who know what they're doing.

Not saying the dude is a Nobel laureate, but he's no uber numbskull either. I agree that there's a lot to distrust in there, but people have to get off the bashing him bandwagon sometimes and get some actual work done in change and keeping some of his mantra in check. Just saying...

I only worry about him because of his possibility of starting something that could become destructive. Other than that, I could really care less. It's what the voters wanted, let them have him.

If he only keep his tiny hands off twitter...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Atmospheric pressure is 14.7psi @ sea level and 29.92"hg barometric pressure. If the pumps fail you would still get a gravity feed.

Ok. Well, we got screwed and because we were in a poor part of town that the MP (the equivalent of the Congressman here) who only showed up during election campaign, every few years...

I saw this on Friday and I didn't have time to say anything.

I think there's a slight miscommunication here so I thought I'd just put my two cents in.

First, most people think of the water coming out of their tap as 'pressure', when in fact it's flow rate.

Best example I found is this:

Think of a syringe. Now fill it with water. If you don't push the end the water won't move. However, depending on how fast you push the end, the water moves at that rate. The pressure does not change however. Just the rate of flow.

The next part of the confusion here is your description of 'slope'. If the pumps that supply the flow rate are not working and you're at the top of a steep slope then you are unlikely to get any water. Unless you have a siphon system the water isn't going anywhere. Unlikely that you would have a siphon system btw. So pumps are required to push water uphill. You cannot gravity feed water uphill unless there is some sort of flow already. If the pumps are not working and there is no bypass system for the water then you will not get any water. Also, if there is a bypass, further uphill you are from that flow, the less likely you'll have water.

To add to this conversation (though long gone now), living in Australia during a drought we had water restrictions, though we managed to have water still. My wife who lived in various parts of Australia had times when there was no water. Also when I lived in Toronto we had water shortages due to the processing time.

Such is modern life.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I saw this on Friday and I didn't have time to say anything.

I think there's a slight miscommunication here so I thought I'd just put my two cents in.

First, most people think of the water coming out of their tap as 'pressure', when in fact it's flow rate.

Best example I found is this:

Think of a syringe. Now fill it with water. If you don't push the end the water won't move. However, depending on how fast you push the end, the water moves at that rate. The pressure does not change however. Just the rate of flow.

The next part of the confusion here is your description of 'slope'. If the pumps that supply the flow rate are not working and you're at the top of a steep slope then you are unlikely to get any water. Unless you have a siphon system the water isn't going anywhere. Unlikely that you would have a siphon system btw. So pumps are required to push water uphill. You cannot gravity feed water uphill unless there is some sort of flow already. If the pumps are not working and there is no bypass system for the water then you will not get any water. Also, if there is a bypass, further uphill you are from that flow, the less likely you'll have water.

To add to this conversation (though long gone now), living in Australia during a drought we had water restrictions, though we managed to have water still. My wife who lived in various parts of Australia had times when there was no water. Also when I lived in Toronto we had water shortages due to the processing time.

Such is modern life.
I'll be honest and say that someone gave me a simple explanation as a child as to how the system worked, so some of those details are naturally foggy right now.

Topography wise, the house I grew up in was on a series of plateaus that eventually led to an old river at the bottom (when I was leaving the river has started to dry up sadly). I lived about 10 minutes drive from one of the major open area water catchment and holding areas in the entire city. The best way I can describe this was using a staircase analogy and loving in one of the middle steps and the catchment facility being on the top step. So we always would hear of people living at the bottom of the system having no water access issues and we always dealt with a shortage.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I only worry about him because of his possibility of starting something that could become destructive. Other than that, I could really care less. It's what the voters wanted, let them have him.

If he only keep his tiny hands off twitter...
The voters didn't know what they wanted. They knew what they didn't want - Hillary. Lol.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'll be honest and say that someone gave me a simple explanation as a child as to how the system worked, so some of those details are naturally foggy right now.

Topography wise, the house I grew up in was on a series of plateaus that eventually led to an old river at the bottom (when I was leaving the river has started to dry up sadly). I lived about 10 minutes drive from one of the major open area water catchment and holding areas in the entire city. The best way I can describe this was using a staircase analogy and loving in one of the middle steps and the catchment facility being on the top step. So we always would hear of people living at the bottom of the system having no water access issues and we always dealt with a shortage.

Drying rivers is a common problem in Australia. Usually due to farming and other industry. So an already dry place becomes dryer.

So, I'm a little confused I have to admit. You use to live in the middle upper area and the catchment was at the bottom or top? Because if it was at the top then you'd have a gravity feed, which would then mean you were purposely being bypassed. Which to say the least, is cruel.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm going to see if I can flash some software on the V20 within the next two days. Overall, I don't have much issues with the pre production software, as I think this version is close to the released ROM. I just want it update eligible.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm going to see if I can flash some software on the V20 within the next two days. Overall, I don't have much issues with the pre production software, as I think this version is close to the released ROM. I just want it update eligible.

Good luck! I hope that it will work for you.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Did so much cleaning yesterday that my eyes and body took some time to wake up, never mind the fact that I was "pretty sleeping" as well too.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The voters didn't know what they wanted. They knew what they didn't want - Hillary. Lol.

Yeah, unfortunately Hillary was the most un-electable person to exist, ever... well maybe not ever but she was sure up there.

I think the right wing media and the GOP did a great job of making it look as though the Democrats were useless over the last 8 years.

I'm still curious of what's to come of this mess but I'm just saying 'f*ck it' and getting on with my life. The UK and USA are two places that are going downhill quickly. The UK probably faster than the USA though... intelligence is at an all time low...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, unfortunately Hillary was the most un-electable person to exist, ever... well maybe not ever but she was sure up there.

I think the right wing media and the GOP did a great job of making it look as though the Democrats were useless over the last 8 years.

I'm still curious of what's to come of this mess but I'm just saying 'f*ck it' and getting on with my life. The UK and USA are two places that are going downhill quickly. The UK probably faster than the USA though... intelligence is at an all time low...

*cough* Al Gore was even more un-electable than Hillary *cough*

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Really liked this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9cgxk7Ee6I

It's part of the reason why I find the KeyOne so fascinating. It just looks cool and seems to work well generally.
I like the Key One. Reminds me of the old school days of when I used to blog on the phone - or write draft scripts anyways. Some found his argument to be a bit lame, but it really is a good example as to why when someone figures out what works for them in a thoughtful manner, things really work. For me, I want it all for convenience. So I'm going to see if using a V20 keeps me in that vein.

Although that Mi Note 2 is a mighty fine machine. I want to see if I have that calling but with the V20, as I really do use wired headphones a ton for phone calls, especially at home.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm still not a fan of this IPS screen in how it manages IPS glow...it is bright and sharp as a tack. It handles the black on the Google keyboard just fine, but greys look like crap. To be fair though, the Mi Note 2 handles greys in a similarly crappy manner (1080P AMOLED).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I still crack up about how my key ring says my sign (Pisces) has Monday as its "lucky" day. That's a serious line of horse excrement.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Drying rivers is a common problem in Australia. Usually due to farming and other industry. So an already dry place becomes dryer.

So, I'm a little confused I have to admit. You use to live in the middle upper area and the catchment was at the bottom or top? Because if it was at the top then you'd have a gravity feed, which would then mean you were purposely being bypassed. Which to say the least, is cruel.
Catchment area was at the top. I lived in one of the upper plateaus, closer to the level where the catchment facility was.

It was in one of the poorer districts, so...while I'm going to say that that was a reason, I'm sure it was one of the reasons. Lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro