WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I really despise having anything to do with government applications.

I need to apply for a new Canadian passport because they brought in some new rule (no idea why) that dual citizens need to have a Canadian passport. Good thing I don't have any travel plans to Canada any time soon.

Of course the Canadian government didn't consider for minute what this may entail and how much of a pain it is to renew one's passport overseas is. Typical government.
It's why I chose to keep my US passport and renew it instead of carrying two and trying for dual citizenship. I prefer the shorter US resident lines returning through EWR/JFK over the longer visitor's lines in other countries all day, every day and twice on Sundays...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's why I chose to keep my US passport and renew it instead of carrying two and trying for dual citizenship. I prefer the shorter US resident lines returning through EWR/JFK over the longer visitor's lines in other countries all day, every day and twice on Sundays...

I wouldn't bother with the Canadian one but if I ever plan to visit Canada (which I will have to do one day) I'll need it unfortunately. Other than losing my Canadian citizenship this is the only option.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yeah I have to go there but that's not a big deal. It's right next to Trafalgar Square in London. It's easy to get to at least.

That's good that it's easy to get to. This sounds like just another thing to deal with. You reminded me that I need to start the process to renew my own US passport. It's not expired yet but I believe it's set to expire next year, just not sure what time. Need to check that after all of this wedding stuff is done.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

That's good that it's easy to get to. This sounds like just another thing to deal with. You reminded me that I need to start the process to renew my own US passport. It's not expired yet but I believe it's set to expire next year, just not sure what time. Need to check that after all of this wedding stuff is done.
Don't wait too long. Even renewing a US passport isn't as easy as it used to be.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Don't wait too long. Even renewing a US passport isn't as easy as it used to be.

Yeah, you're right about that. I heard that it was backed up and to start early but this whole wedding thing and funds for it just literally appeared out of nowhere from February to present. I will do it next week for sure. It's going to be weird to take a picture without my glasses since that's the new stupid rule.

Honestly, the US passport will be easier to renew over my Nigerian passport. My dad and mom went through that process recently and it was a pain that took multiple trips.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I had a fun time renewing mine in person. You can do it by mail, so do it early, Libra.

I'll have to go in person because I have to fill out an extra form. At the moment they're saying 8 weeks instead of the normal 4 weeks due to this new requirement.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll have to go in person because I have to fill out an extra form. At the moment they're saying 8 weeks instead of the normal 4 weeks due to this new requirement.
A government policy change. The gift of screw you that keeps on giving...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ooh, got a small raise that went into effect this month, because the board reviewed my position \o/

Hopefully this will help with finding a place to live. I felt priced out of some places but just a little bit goes quite a way...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ooh, got a small raise that went into effect this month, because the board reviewed my position \o/

Hopefully this will help with finding a place to live. I felt priced out of some places but just a little bit goes quite a way...

Congrats! I haven't had a raise in two years.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Congrats! I haven't had a raise in two years.

Thank you! Two years is a while, hopefully you'll get one soon. It's interesting that you mention every two years, because it seems like this review thing happens every two years. I was hired in the off year, I guess.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thank you! Two years is a while, hopefully you'll get one soon. It's interesting that you mention every two years, because it seems like this review thing happens every two years. I was hired in the off year, I guess.

My review is yearly but they just recently changed the system of how one gets a raise without explaining on how to get a raise. Typical large corporation...

Personally I don't care to be honest. I don't plan to be here much longer if I can help it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

We'll see what happens. Always good to keep expectations in check. :)

I know but still, hoping for a good outcome isn't a bad thing in my opinion. At least you realized this on Tuesday over having this happen on Thursday, if that counts for anything.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I didn't get one in 3 years before I left, and when I used to get them, they were 1% raises.

That's about the level I've been getting. I think it's because I've been too close to getting perks at my level.

Anyway, like I said, who care right? I'm changing lifestyle so... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)