WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

My review is yearly but they just recently changed the system of how one gets a raise without explaining on how to get a raise. Typical large corporation...

Personally I don't care to be honest. I don't plan to be here much longer if I can help it.

True. I keep forgetting that point.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's about the level I've been getting. I think it's because I've been too close to getting perks at my level.

Anyway, like I said, who care right? I'm changing lifestyle so... :)
I used to chuckle as the last 1% raise i got was a take home increase of $20. No typos there...$20 increase.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I know but still, hoping for a good outcome isn't a bad thing in my opinion. At least you realized this on Tuesday over having this happen on Thursday, if that counts for anything.

The only issue with timing is travel costs. :p

We haven't got everything setup but we're hoping to before we go this weekend. I'm taking Monday off so we can get cheaper flights.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I didn't get one in 3 years before I left, and when I used to get them, they were 1% raises.

That's more than likely what I have to look forward to here (it's really just an increase for cost of living adjustments), but it's alright since being here allows me to go to grad school for free. I just need to get myself set to actually sticking to that.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The only issue with timing is travel costs. :p

We haven't got everything setup but we're hoping to before we go this weekend. I'm taking Monday off so we can get cheaper flights.

Sounds like a great plan to me. Good luck with the costs and flights.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm curious to ask how you feel about that, but I'm wondering if it might be too early to say.

This has been in the pipeline for some time so it's not like we weren't planning it in the future. However, we just brought things forward, with some additional bits to be added.

Yes it's a touch stressful but we think it's the 'best time' to do it. That's the key. If I could do it differently I would but unfortunately the UK just isn't setup for temporary accommodation that allows pets that doesn't cost a fortune. Otherwise I would be holding off until next year to officially move.

So, this is where I am. I've gotten over the 'worried' part but I know I have something to fall back on if things go pear shaped and my wife's business is mostly online so I think we're in a good place. It's really about the alignment now.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

That's true. Or if B&H sells it, I can try the Q6 and if I don't like it, I can return it and possibly try the Sony if there's a random price drop.

Using the size compare tool (from Phone Arena) puts it 0.05 in shorter and 0.01 in narrower than the Google Pixel, which has me interested in giving it a try.
I'm not sure you'll be able to discern the difference in size at all with those tiny differences especially with whatever case you decide to get.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Don't wait too long. Even renewing a US passport isn't as easy as it used to be.
Wasn't too bad when I had to renew my kid's passport in a hurry for a trip which Singapore Airlines reminded us after we purchased the tickets. I paid the expedite charge and we got the passport in 1.5 weeks. The renewal date is a cool 2020-01-01. Applied on 12-23-2014.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I used to chuckle as the last 1% raise i got was a take home increase of $20. No typos there...$20 increase.
In 2004 my pay increased but so did the price of insurance and I got pushed into a higher tax bracket. Net result, less take home pay than the year prior.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In 2004 my pay increased but so did the price of insurance and I got pushed into a higher tax bracket. Net result, less take home pay than the year prior.
I'm sure you would have had the same reaction i did when I first saw that $20 increase...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

This has been in the pipeline for some time so it's not like we weren't planning it in the future. However, we just brought things forward, with some additional bits to be added.

Yes it's a touch stressful but we think it's the 'best time' to do it. That's the key. If I could do it differently I would but unfortunately the UK just isn't setup for temporary accommodation that allows pets that doesn't cost a fortune. Otherwise I would be holding off until next year to officially move.

So, this is where I am. I've gotten over the 'worried' part but I know I have something to fall back on if things go pear shaped and my wife's business is mostly online so I think we're in a good place. It's really about the alignment now.

Ohh okay, I see. Sounds like you two are just ready to do it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm not sure you'll be able to discern the difference in size at all with those tiny differences especially with whatever case you decide to get.

Solid point but for me, I don't buy any cases unless I decide to keep the phone. Trust that I will notice it. I noticed it right away using the Pixel coming from the Honor 8 and the difference felt good to me. Sometimes one hand usage meant me shifting the phone a little bit and it would be nice not to do that.

Edit: I might not notice the difference in usage but I will surely notice it in my pocket and that is part of where it matters for me 50% of the time.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster