WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Tinder didn't exist when I was younger...

There's other dating apps as well. Not that I'm interested in any of them.
Back in the days I've seen some married couples go on date night in bar, club where they arrive separately and re-create the whole "meeting someone new" vibe, by having one spouse approach the other by doing that stuff.

Guess the modern version could be through a dating app and fidning the spouse and then doing the "first date". Hey, people spice up their situations differently...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Back in the days I've seen some married couples go on date night in bar, club where they arrive separately and re-create the whole "meeting someone new" vibe, by having one spouse approach the other by doing that stuff.

Guess the modern version could be through a dating app and fidning the spouse and then doing the "first date". Hey, people spice up their situations differently...

To each their own I suppose. :) I've heard of the first one before, never was interested in doing that. Thing is, it wouldn't be that easy to 'replicate' the meeting of my wife and me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

To each their own I suppose. :) I've heard of the first one before, never was interested in doing that. Thing is, it wouldn't be that easy to 'replicate' the meeting of my wife and me.
One of my high school friends said his parents met in a supermarket. That one can be hard to recreate too. I suppose it's all about keeping things interesting.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

One of my high school friends said his parents met in a supermarket. That one can be hard to recreate too. I suppose it's all about keeping things interesting.

Ironically (or coincidence?) I just happen to be listening to one of our favourite songs at that time. The song sort of resonated with our circumstances at the time. I'm listening to my Daily Mix on Spotify so I didn't go out of my way to find it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'll have to agree with Laura here. Physical attraction is important. The idea of meeting people in the dark is nice to learn more about a person but if the attraction part isn't there (which is only natural as visual clues are part of our mating) then you're basically in a situation where you might like someone but not really interested in them.. so friends... maybe.

There's a show on here in the UK called First Dates. It's basically a blind date show where people meet at a restaurant for the first time. They're setup through the show based on their profiles. Some work, others don't. It's not a purposely mean show, thankfully, I think they do try to match people.

That's a great point there. I don't disagree but I probably see it differently because of my experiences. In my experiences, the physical has come later. I also know people who have also had it come later for them too.

That show does sound interesting though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's a great point there. I don't disagree but I probably see it differently because of my experiences. In my experiences, the physical has come later. I also know people who have also had it come later for them too.

That show does sound interesting though.

Not to dismiss your idea of physical attractiveness coming later, I have no doubt that sometimes people become attracted to a person over time, even if they didn't find them initially attractive.

Saying that, I think sometimes it's a realisation of reality. We as individuals typically rate ourselves higher on a scale than what others might think of us. We fully believe we deserve to be with certain people, usually based on looks and other attributes that we like. However, that doesn't mean that person is the best 'match'. They probably aren't but it's part of our fantasy.

Younger people have this more than older people but I can say, being a bit older that that idea doesn't diminish much. We just accept reality more, however heavy handed it can be...

The idea of just dating a person in the dark isn't the same as being around someone over a period of time. Usually you can start to notice things about a person your around more and begin to see things that may make you think differently about them. Funny thing is, sometimes just a change in hair style or even clothing can make someone more attractive.

We humans are a funny lot. Our matting rituals are so complex. But that's part of what makes us human.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Not to dismiss your idea of physical attractiveness coming later, I have no doubt that sometimes people become attracted to a person over time, even if they didn't find them initially attractive.

Saying that, I think sometimes it's a realisation of reality. We as individuals typically rate ourselves higher on a scale than what others might think of us. We fully believe we deserve to be with certain people, usually based on looks and other attributes that we like. However, that doesn't mean that person is the best 'match'. They probably aren't but it's part of our fantasy.

Younger people have this more than older people but I can say, being a bit older that that idea doesn't diminish much. We just accept reality more, however heavy handed it can be...

The idea of just dating a person in the dark isn't the same as being around someone over a period of time. Usually you can start to notice things about a person your around more and begin to see things that you may you think differently about them. Funny thing is, sometimes just a change in hair style or even clothing can make someone more attractive.

We humans are a funny lot. Our matting rituals are so complex. But that's part of what makes us human.

I do agree with you on those points. I totally agree about dating someone in the dark, but as a initial launch point only, I don't think that's too bad as an entry point. With it, there's probably way less investment. If they don't want to continue, they don't have to.

For my sister, when she first met my brother in law, she found him to be okay looking but over time, she started to find him to be attractive.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Doing some edits to the blog. I could do some shameless self promotion here, but what I may do is swing by the Occulus and test out the wide angle lens there on the V20. When I took pictures of the Mi Note 2 covering the Occulus in April I kept saying " this would look more interesting with a wide angle lens"...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Over here they keep saying the younger generation is staying away from clubs these days. They still do the 'pub' but clubs are a dying breed.

Which is fine by me. I was never fond of the things myself.
The music kids listen to these days are not exactly club material. The Euro dance stuff from the early 80s was the best. We had a great time back then and my body's still paying the price.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Doing some edits to the blog. I could do some shameless self promotion here, but what I may do is swing by the Occulus and test out the wide angle lens there on the V20. When I took pictures of the Mi Note 2 covering the Occulus in April I kept saying " this would look more interesting with a wide angle lens"...
Ooh that could be a cool shot.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I do agree with you on those points. I totally agree about dating someone in the dark, but as a initial launch point only, I don't think that's too bad as an entry point. With it, there's probably way less investment. If they don't want to continue, they don't have to.

For my sister, when she first met my brother in law, she found him to be okay looking but over time, she started to find him to be attractive.
I was thoroughly inebriated when I met my wife (at a club) and she thought I was funny. She's had 22 years to get used to my looks so I guess that works. For me, a pretty smile and a good sense of humor can hide a multitude of sins in the looks department.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Post the pictures here as well. I will post the ones I took with my LG G6.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The idea of just dating a person in the dark isn't the same as being around someone over a period of time. Usually you can start to notice things about a person your around more and begin to see things that may make you think differently about them. Funny thing is, sometimes just a change in hair style or even clothing can make someone more attractive.

AKA there's always too much pressure on people to date. Wrote a few commentaries on this back in the day.

If you know what you want and how to negotiate, it gives you a real puncher's chance...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I can't remember if it's in the AA terminal or international but seek out "La Carreta". There's one inside of the TSA zone so you won't have to deal with those animals.

Sent from my Surface 3 on mTalk
Hola from La Carreta!
30cf6fecbb4cd3ecd58bc4d1a6b4b992.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I absolutely hate these new seats on American Airlines. Seats were garbage on the 737-800 from San Juan and are garbage on this 777-300 on the Miami to Los Angeles flight as well.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I absolutely hate these new seats on American Airlines. Seats were garbage on the 737-800 from San Juan and are garbage on this 777-300 on the Miami to Los Angeles flight as well.
That sucks to hear. I love the 737 for its performance especially the thrust-to-weight ratio which makes takeoffs a breeze. There's no substitute for raw power unless you're in a cramped seat with some weirdo next to you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077