WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Hmm that's really interesting that you see the XL that way.

I think you're in a good place to debate and consider options. It sounds like the Mi Note 2 almost hits the spot so I can get why you feel that way. At the same time, I get the appeal of the V20. Hopefully battery no. 2 will help.

It's kind of interesting how needs can adjust, even though it makes sense. I wonder what your new needs are. I feel like I might be in a similar place.
99 will tell you I've gone through a ton of phones that "almost hit the spot".

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Was with some of the friends in my friend group yesterday (in this case, it was 3 guys). They all said that I don't seem like someone that would be into baseball...and I don't get what that is supposed to mean. One of them asked me if I have any gear for the team and I said yes. Same friend asked if I know who one of the players are and course I did. Then he said that he's never seen me wear any gear and my response was that maybe if we go to a game, you'll be able to see that in action. Another friend said that I seem like one who will would fake cheer.

I hate going through this with people, especially guys. I really don't get it at all honestly. We exist. Dang. I hope we go to a game so that I can outcheer all of them and have a good time! lol

Alternatively, I need to find some ladies who are also into it, that would ease this.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Was with some of the friends in my friend group yesterday (in this case, it was 3 guys). They all said that I don't seem like someone that would be into baseball...and I don't get what that is supposed to mean. One of them asked me if I have any gear for the team and I said yes. Same friend asked if I know who one of the players are and course I did. Then he said that he's never seen me wear any gear and my response was that maybe if we go to a game, you'll be able to see that in action. Another friend said that I seem like one who will would fake cheer.

I hate going through this with people, especially guys. I really don't get it at all honestly. We exist. Dang. I hope we go to a game so that I can outcheer all of them and have a good time! lol

Alternatively, I need to find some ladies who are also into it, that would ease this.
One of my good female friends is a entertainment security consultant who is a die hard sports (NFL football, baseball, and basketball) fan. And she knows her sports very well. She always tell me stories of providing security for NFL players and some have tried to test her sports knowledge and when she gets rolling, their ears perked up.

It happens, just ignore the pricks and keep it moving.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

One of my good female friends is a entertainment security consultant who is a die hard sports (NFL football, baseball, and basketball) fan. And she knows her sports very well. She always tell me stories of providing security for NFL players and some have tried to test her sports knowledge and when she gets rolling, their ears perked up.

It happens, just ignore the pricks and keep it moving.
Wow your friend's job sounds really interesting.

You're right about that. I have dealt with it, but I always forget that this is a thing still...until it happens.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow your friend's job sounds really interesting.

You're right about that. I have dealt with it, but I always forget that this is a thing still...until it happens.
She's seen as much things in her profession she cannot share as I've seen working with the youth I did.

Yes, that sort of crap still exists and is unlikely to go away anytime soon...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It was expensive and a hassle. I'm glad it's over, for the most part.

True, I can believe (and agree with) that. It really is. I'm aware that the "perfect" phone doesn't exist but I think it can be worth it to seek the best possible fit up to a point.

Sounds like you have arrived essentially. I think I might have. Keyword being might.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

True, I can believe (and agree with) that. It really is. I'm aware that the "perfect" phone doesn't exist but I think it can be worth it to seek the best possible fit up to a point.

Sounds like you have arrived essentially. I think I might have. Keyword being might.
It's about what I'm willing to accept. If I wanted my phone to be a phone for calls, basic communication, the occasional very good picture and the latest software updates: it's either a Pixel or a KeyOne.

If I want a better multimedia experience at the cost of slower updates, then I can get a HTC U or a LG V series or use my Mi Note 2, which is very solid for that.

I suppose I'm still searching for the successor to the Xperia Z3.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's about what I'm willing to accept. If I wanted my phone to be a phone for calls, basic communication, the occasional very good picture and the latest software updates: it's either a Pixel or a KeyOne.

If I want a better multimedia experience at the cost of slower updates, then I can get a HTC U or a LG V series or use my Mi Note 2, which is very solid for that.

Ah okay. I think that's a valid thing to want a successor for the Z3. I have heard so much about that phone, along with the Z3 Compact. I can get you feeling that way.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The only flaw for me the Z3 has was the camera. But even then, I got some good shots from it. It had fluid enough software (that phone on 4.4.4 was such a beast), great design, water resistance, rapid charging, good screen, very good audio (although on the quieter side), expandable storage and good size. Phone was a pain to use in the winter as it got very cold due to the metal and glass.

One of my top 3 overall phone experiences of all time. I thought about getting another one as a spare, but I have the Z3 Tablet Compact, which replicates most of that experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte