WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

How else are you supposed to learn if not through mistakes? You won't forget the next time. If it makes you feel better, I leave my cards in my truck ALL the time.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk
You're so right about that. I did regret not having them at one point today so I can say that I have learned for sure.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Enjoy! Conferences are usually good ways to get away from the work site.
Thank you! It was an interesting conference.

It was a conference for academic libraries (librarians and library staff both included) and it was really good. It was nice to see some people who look like me doing this too, along with other young people in the field too. The sessions were great and I went with two of my coworkers (We all rode separately). I'm glad that I went.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

S7 edge battery life is better than S7.
S8 battery life is quite good though and supposedly S8+ is even better.
I have had no issues with my S8 and am beginning to like it better than my S7edge.
Hmm interesting. That's good to know, thank you.

What makes it better for you (I mean liking the s8 over the s7 edge)? The display? Battery life? Something else?

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

It was a conference for academic libraries (librarians and library staff both included) and it was really good. It was nice to see some people who look like me doing this too, along with other young people in the field too. The sessions were great and I went with two of my coworkers (We all rode separately). I'm glad that I went.

That's awesome. Conferences are good places to learn new things and network. Glad you enjoyed it.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Hmm interesting. That's good to know, thank you.

What makes it better for you (I mean liking the s8 over the s7 edge)? The display? Battery life? Something else?

Ability to use the phone one handed is markedly improved with the S8 over the S7e.
Display and battery life are not that different.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I like the look of the Moto Z² Force. I don't like the smaller battery and am indifferent about the missing headphone jack. I dislike the price. I'm wary about the camera and Moto software update policy. Still, I'll go look at it in the stores.

$750 for a 64GB + 4GB RAM model in the US when there's a 128GB + 6GB model out? Come on, man.

Well, they went the no OIS way with the cameras too. We'll see how they perform. I suppose what I want to see is the Moto X update. After that, it's on to the Note 8, V30, Pixel (XL) and iFruit announcement.

Oh, and there's Sony's usual 6 month release and then the Essential Phone and OnePlus likely doing a processor refresh model. So far, honestly...this time last year has much better variety of offerings overall.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site

I like the weather here in LA.
akmgp7S.jpg

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ability to use the phone one handed is markedly improved with the S8 over the S7e.
Display and battery life are not that different.
Gotcha. That raises an important point that I didn't think about. Maybe I should try to find a s8 too.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

That's awesome. Conferences are good places to learn new things and network. Glad you enjoyed it.
Thank you! It also gave me new motivation as well to aim getting into the program. I have been struggling with it but I feel like it will be worth it for me.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

$750 for a 64GB + 4GB RAM model in the US when there's a 128GB + 6GB model out? Come on, man.

Well, they went the no OIS way with the cameras too. We'll see how they perform. I suppose what I want to see is the Moto X update. After that, it's on to the Note 8, V30, Pixel (XL) and iFruit announcement.

Oh, and there's Sony's usual 6 month release and then the Essential Phone and OnePlus likely doing a processor refresh model. So far, honestly...this time last year has much better variety of offerings overall.
I caught up on AC and from what I see, I agree. It being on all carriers is good but that seems to be the best thing I can see at this time.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Wow, I see something that can possibly change my future. I have to call tomorrow to confirm what I'm seeing.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Glad to hear it. Had an ex who went to seminary school who turned around and did library studies. Can be interesting stuff.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I caught up on AC and from what I see, I agree. It being on all carriers is good but that seems to be the best thing I can see at this time.
Unless the camera is stupendous, getting a Z from last year can do the trick just fine... especially since they can be had on the cheap.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Gotcha. That raises an important point that I didn't think about. Maybe I should try to find a s8 too.

Because I'm the queen of indecisiveness, I think I'm going to return the S7 Edge. Until 99's comment, I didn't think to check the height of the s8 against the s7 edge. The s8 is shorter (I already knew that it was narrower though). Will debate returning against not returning for sure.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

US: 64GB + 4GB RAM
China: 128GB + 6GB RAM
Everyone else: 64GB + 6GB RAM

Should have just dropped the US model or the international one.

https://www.androidcentral.com/moto-z2-force

This article has all of my feelings about this phone. I like it, BUT Moto's current software track record + Google's current bad audio over USB-C (which may start to improve over 8.0) plus the smaller battery and the camera unknowns and the push towards buying mods would not make me buy it at their asking price of Samsung Galaxy S8/iPhone/Pixel money.

If the camera is solid enough, and the battery not as bad...it'll be a very, very good buy on the cheap in 6 months time.

Nice try, though. Moto and the headphone jack reminds me of Xiaomi and microSD support...not on the flagships but definitely on the value for money models.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss