WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

There are two things I don't pay attention to when it comes to battery life on phones: other people's opinions or screen on time.

I know my usage metrics well enough that bigger batteries or batteries on well optimized software typically gives me the battery life I want.

For my needs, the V20 has average battery life. This isn't a camera I can push at all in the way I'd like. I'm a still kinda guy, so that's where the usage would be. But this is a camera with good video chops too.

Now, it could be the ROM I'm using...the radio on the pre production software were a bit better but the camera software on this one is a bit better. Don't think that makes a ton of difference, really.

Give me a 1080P with a big battery and well optimized software. I don't think 2K or 4K displays on these phones are ideal, given the battery constraints. And I don't agree with paying extra $ annually for more efficient processing as the best way to improve battery life.
Agreed. It's just before 2:00PM and I'm at 37 phone calls and counting. Throw in three dozen emails and you see why my battery requirements are higher than most. Up until now, the only phones that have been able to sustain my days are the S8+, Pixel XL, Elite x3 and my present Jade Primo.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo onmTalk

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Okay regular posters. I have a favor to ask.
Any suggestions on a good laptop backpack? My current Targus laptop bag gave in after 11 years. The bag is still good but a couple of plastic support pieces inside broke and overall it's worn after a lot of use.

I have two confirmed trips coming up and probably a third one to Boston as well in August and need a new bag.

Thanks in advance.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Okay regular posters. I have a favor to ask.
Any suggestions on a good laptop backpack? My current Targus laptop bag gave in after 11 years. The bag is still good but a couple of plastic support pieces inside broke and overall it's worn after a lot of use.

I have two confirmed trips coming up and probably a third one to Boston as well in August and need a new bag.

Thanks in advance.
Timbuktu if your budget allows?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Agreed. It's just before 2:00PM and I'm at 37 phone calls and counting. Throw in three dozen emails and you see why my battery requirements are higher than most. Up until now, the only phones that have been able to sustain my days are the S8+, Pixel XL, Elite x3 and my present Jade Primo.

Let me charge it every other day. That's all I want. I know with my current usage a key one will do that. But there are times I want to use the camera when I'm out and not in the mood to either switch devices or carry a secondary device.

I know that most likely I'll need a secondary device, especially if I want to do more mobile photography. The only two cameras I like are the XL and LG's dual camera setup.

Good thing I have time and no extra money to change a phone until October at the earliest. Just a pain to find what I'm looking for, that's all.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Possibly or someone who really wants it... Not sure.

Yeah, maybe they put in two so that if you don't accept one offer, you'll accept the other one. It could be possible that they might know the neighborhood your home is in and they have been waiting for something to go on sale there.

I'm curious how this will end.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, maybe they put in two so that if you don't accept one offer, you'll accept the other one. It could be possible that they might know the neighborhood your home is in and they have been waiting for something to go on sale there.

I'm curious how this will end.
They're both lower than asking price. However the second offer is higher than the first and closer to what we want.

This person is booked in for the open house so that's what's confusing us.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

They're both lower than asking price. However the second offer is higher than the first and closer to what we want.

This person is booked in for the open house so that's what's confusing us.
Hope you get as close to what you want as possible.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've been on the fence about this phone for some time. Some reviews say the battery life is good, whatever that means to them, while others say it's dismal. I'll gladly take your word for it since you've spent some time with it as opposed to a reviewer who might spend an afternoon.

The way I see it, all flagships are within inches of each other when it comes to displays, performance and cameras. Battery life seems to be the biggest differentiator and I haven't seen any LG that cuts the mustard.

Look, if you can get it for the right price - I was able to get mine at nicely suggested rate - it's worth testing driving to see how you feel. The V20 for me is definitely a solid spare option and a fun device to use.

Just not sure with the current firmware I want to use it as a daily driver. I can argue that with the call bug, my Mi Note and V20 are better suited as spares than daily drivers...hence the dilemma.

But I'm going to do some more testing with the V20 and poke around to see what's the deal with the firmware update situation.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

As much as I have liked using the S8, I am so happy to go back to the Pixel! I missed the camera and a slightly more single hand use friendly device.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It looks okay in Black. The blue Pixel was a stunner. On the plus side, I get 128GB storage.
f8e48344d82c15b6aad4ebac41a5f68a.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte