WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That's totally understandable. I hope you get to enjoy the photo blogs!
randomsmartphonephotography.wordpress.com

New stuff will start rolling out on Tuesday, but you can look at the opening comment now if you want. Got stuff scheduled through November so far from the V20, Honor 8 and Lumia 920.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

randomsmartphonephotography.wordpress.com

New stuff will start rolling out on Tuesday, but you can look at the opening comment now if you want. Got stuff scheduled through November so far from the V20, Honor 8 and Lumia 920.
Nice! Looking forward to more, thanks for sharing.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Nice! Looking forward to more, thanks for sharing.
No problem. I put up a picture in the first post and the about section to keep with the theme. I'm curious to see how the layout will look once more pictures are posted.

Things may look a little raw to start out, but I hope to find the right mix and stick with that for a while. We'll see.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I find it interesting how I'm going a bit old school managing the blog on my phone again. I remember those days banging out drafts...

I do agree that the V20 is a content creator aimed device. I suppose having the ability to use a nice camera and snap photos and schedule them really helps. There's a lot to like here...and some niggles that cause for concern.
On the note of the V20, I can get why it is challenging. I can picture a lot of fun with the tools that it has, especially in your case. I could see you missing those cameras (and that audio experience) if it was gone. You might miss it too much.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

On the note of the V20, I can get why it is challenging. I can picture a lot of fun with the tools that it has, especially in your case. I could see you missing those cameras (and that audio experience) if it was gone. You might miss it too much.
You're correct. We'll see though, as I have tons of time before I decide.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You're in my head, this review was recommended for me to watch. I liked his take on it, it reminds me why the G6 is still interesting to me.
It's a solid review for a pretty good phone. Because I figured there was going to be a price drop, I would have waited until the fall to buy a G6 if it was still at the top of my list.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

No surprise there. They just bit off more than they could chew worth mobile and have decided to cut their losses. Sad, really.

Well according to all the fans of MS, they're concentrating on the 'next big thing' or 'the future' if you believe the hype.

For some reason, smarphones seems to have a limited lifespan whereas the PC can have several decades. Not sure I believe those who say this.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Smartphone have a limited lifespan due to OEMs wanting to keep their hands in your pocket as opposed to them truly not working after two years.

I see Note 4's, HTC M8's and the occasional S4. Those run just fine...in fact, the M8 may have gotten some of the longest support from HTC. It's marketing.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Smartphone have a limited lifespan due to OEMs wanting to keep their hands in your pocket as opposed to them truly not working after two years.

I see Note 4's, HTC M8's and the occasional S4. Those run just fine...in fact, the M8 may have gotten some of the longest support from HTC. It's marketing.

Interesting that you say that. My sister had an S4 before switching carriers. On your note about seeing those, that's really interesting, as my sister noted that she sees a lot of people with her phone now, which feels weird to her.

I haven't seen a M8 in a while.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Interesting that you say that. My sister had an S4 before switching carriers. On your note about seeing those, that's really interesting, as my sister noted that she sees a lot of people with her phone now, which feels weird to her.

I haven't seen a M8 in a while.
Since the S3 once Samsung's marketing took hold, you'll always see their flagships each year. I still see lots of S6s, S6Es, S7s, S7Es, Note 5s, S8s, S8+s. Along with all sorts of iPhones. Saw a G6 in the wild today too. Seen V20's as well.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Since the S3 once Samsung's marketing took hold, you'll always see their flagships each year. I still see lots of S6s, S6Es, S7s, S7Es, Note 5s, S8s, S8+s. Along with all sorts of iPhones. Saw a G6 in the wild today too. Seen V20's as well.

Ooh I'm jealous. I have never seen a G6 in real life. Anyway, you're so right about that. I see those and iPhones a lot. Then again, you're in a place where you can probably easily spot phones. I'm not observant enough, lol.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ahh someone got into a debate with me about most Android phones not having a silent/mute mode without going into Do Not Disturb.

Then they list 2 phones that have it. Two is in the minority and not the majority. That is something that bugged me a lot about the Pixel and several others I have tried.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Has anybody found a way to get in to the “skip ahead” boat? I think they closed the program before i can board.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo