WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So as I checked into the flight for tomorrow evening I realized that I'm flying a 787 on American Airlines from LAX to Chicago O'Hare.

Second time on a widebody in America. I love the 787! Flew it on the Doha-Delhi leg earlier this year.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So as I checked into the flight for tomorrow evening I realized that I'm flying a 787 on American Airlines from LAX to Chicago O'Hare.

Second time on a widebody in America. I love the 787! Flew it on the Doha-Delhi leg earlier this year.
Ooh! That's cool. That should be much more comfortable than most planes.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Quick update on the V20.

It arrived and I set it up.

I don't have a case yet, but one will arrive next week. I also ordered a spare battery. Both of these items are coming from Amazon.

The V20 is a big phone, but that's a good thing to me, since I like big phones. It is surprisingly thin, considering that it has a removable battery. It doesn't feel slippery and had a decent grip to it. It doesn't feel heavy and is well balanced in my hand.

I already switched to Nova Launcher Prime, Gboard, Lines icons, Google Messages, and Aqua Mail rather than the default LG apps.

Switching was easy. Everything was backed up from my Moto X Pure Edition except for the Moto apps which I didn't really use anyway.

The display looks great and is easy to read outdoors in the sun and indoors in the dark using the default brightness settings.

The second screen is cool. I like that LG feature.

Call quality is great.

Connectivity to WiFi and Bluetooth is great. I had no issues connecting the phone to the head unit in my 2017 Honda Civic coupe.

I streamed Google Play music in the car.

Music and camera reviews will be forthcoming, once I've used those features.

I'll also update on battery life once I'm at what will be normal use.
Sounds great Laura, keep 'em coming.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So these two shots are panoramas taken at Red Breach.
6ef9e1042d08fb450fac28b25e3cde3d.jpg
c754642f715c227d01e30497ca09e3a3.jpg

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Hello, I know it is about a month since my last time being here. I got job for summer so I'm quite busy, mini review of Moto Z is still coming

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Darn...
Airline mess up my travel plans. They delayed my flight which means I don't have enough time to get to my connecting flight home...

... !

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Darn...
Airline mess up my travel plans. They delayed my flight which means I don't have enough time to get to my connecting flight home...

... !
Aw man I hope that you can get home. That's annoying for them to do that.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So I had a day trip with some friends on Saturday and the friend that drove us there had this nice unit in his car. I know that wasn't there a couple of months ago. Anyway, his unit has me looking at them. At this point, the only thing that would make me want to sell this car (which has low mileage considering that it is 13 years old) and get rid of this one is the unit. My car is one of those old ones that don't have an AUX port or Bluetooth.

I still think about that model I possibly missed out on that had an AUX unit. Rue linked a nice one to me the other time but I think I want a unit with both options. I think Laura mentioned something about Best Buy installing her unit a while back, which has me looking at Best Buy. I should do it, I think. My friend's unit has me imagining all of the possibilities I could experience in my car. Decisions decisions...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So I had a day trip with some friends on Saturday and the friend that drove us there had this nice unit in his car. I know that wasn't there a couple of months ago. Anyway, his unit has me looking at them. At this point, the only thing that would make me want to sell this car (which has low mileage considering that it is 13 years old) and get rid of this one is the unit. My car is one of those old ones that don't have an AUX port or Bluetooth.

I still think about that model I possibly missed out on that had an AUX unit. Rue linked a nice one to me the other time but I think I want a unit with both options. I think Laura mentioned something about Best Buy installing her unit a while back, which has me looking at Best Buy. I should do it, I think. My friend's unit has me imagining all of the possibilities I could experience in my car. Decisions decisions...
Yes, I had Best Buy install a unit on my old car that had Bluetooth.

The unit on my new car has Bluetooth and USB built in. I'm already using it with my new V20.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yes, I had Best Buy install a unit on my old car that had Bluetooth.

The unit on my new car has Bluetooth and USB built in. I'm already using it with my new V20.

Thanks! I remembered that you mentioned something along those lines. The USB option might be better for me to have as well, since I'm such a phone switcher. My friend's unit had a USB connection too. I'll look into it, I'm liking some of the Pioneer options so far.

Ooh I'm sure that it's a great experience with the V20, considering that phone and the unit with both of those options. That sounds great.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Aw man I hope that you can get home. That's annoying for them to do that.
The senior management aka wife(!) managed get an ever earlier flight on Wednesday.... so we will reach our transit at Kuala Lumpur with lotsa time to spare.
Looking forward to be home to see my mum, who will be celebrating her 90th. Going to be a blast....

... !

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The senior management aka wife(!) managed get an ever earlier flight on Wednesday.... so we will reach our transit at Kuala Lumpur with lotsa time to spare.
Looking forward to be home to see my mum, who will be celebrating her 90th. Going to be a blast....

... !

Nice!

Wow, your mom will be 90?! Bless her, I haven't had anyone in my family live that long. I hope she will enjoy her birthday,

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nice!

Wow, your mom will be 90?! Bless her, I haven't had anyone in my family live that long. I hope she will enjoy her birthday,
My great grandmother (mother's side) lived to 96. If she didn't have the medical issues she did she could've easily hit 100 or more. She was simply stubborn. She's also my direct link to the UK.

My grandparents (mother's side) didn't fare as well unfortunately. Both in their early 70s. 18 months apart.

I only know my mother's side of the family.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion