WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

This may by odd to say, but i like the in hand feel of the iPhone 7 over the 6s. I can see why people love the SE and the 6S feels so much smaller than what I currently use.

Good thing all I plan to do is add work related apps (like 5 of them) and just use it for emails, calls and SMS with colleagues.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

This may by odd to say, but i like the in hand feel of the iPhone 7 over the 6s. I can see why people love the SE and the 6S feels so much smaller than what I currently use.

Good thing all I plan to do is add work related apps (like 5 of them) and just use it for emails, calls and SMS with colleagues.
Oh wow, I wouldn't have expected you to prefer the 7 feel over the 6s. I can imagine how much smaller it feels considering that you have a V20 and Mi Note 2, along with the 950 XL.

Sounds like a plan. I'm wondering if you will update it to iOS 11 when it drops or no?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh wow, I wouldn't have expected you to prefer the 7 feel over the 6s. I can imagine how much smaller it feels considering that you have a V20 and Mi Note 2, along with the 950 XL.

Sounds like a plan. I'm wondering if you will update it to iOS 11 when it drops or no?
It's the company phone, so I'm going to go back in and turn off OS updates and only update it when IT says it's OK to do so. There have been updates in the past that messed up the settings before, so that's the smart way to do it.

I've said I liked the in hand feel of the iPhone 7 many moons ago here (around the time when I first went to look at the Pixel after launch last year).

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's the company phone, so I'm going to go back in and turn off OS updates and only update it when IT says it's OK to do so. There have been updates in the past that messed up the settings before, so that's the smart way to do it.

I've said I liked the in hand feel of the iPhone 7 many moons ago here (around the time when I first went to look at the Pixel after launch last year).

Ah okay, I figured as much about the update thing.

Ooh that explains why I had no idea you felt that way about the iPhone 7, because I only joined in here a while after that.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Wow, MrMobile posted two photos to compare the cameras on the Essential Phone and the Pixel on his Instagram. The Essential Phone photo was destroyed by the Pixel. I love the idea and the look of it but I don't think I could swallow paying $700 for just an okay experience. I can't. It was even hard for the Robin, which was cheaper of course. I don't need the best but I need it to be better than this...

The photos, for those of you not on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BYJ8xMTD0rJ/?taken-by=themrmobile

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well here are some pictures taken with the Pixel.
Cahir Castle, Ireland
cdd147a82feddd20fc841e48cb113d3e.jpg
d710ba27f152d3c0ee827945b47222ba.jpg
a03bfdd8e0c45ec44397508eb0fdb264.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Ride for the evening.
Oh, I got a local SIM card with 10GB data to use in 72 hours, so I am binge posting.
bea572005b9f52870d8a4eac0922d0d4.jpg
7bf3edde4f2bcde31556f4ee0184b38e.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow, MrMobile posted two photos to compare the cameras on the Essential Phone and the Pixel on his Instagram. The Essential Phone photo was destroyed by the Pixel. I love the idea and the look of it but I don't think I could swallow paying $700 for just an okay experience. I can't. It was even hard for the Robin, which was cheaper of course. I don't need the best but I need it to be better than this...

The photos, for those of you not on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BYJ8xMTD0rJ/?taken-by=themrmobile
Much of this stuff can be improved by updates...the camera app is bare. People also need to temper their expectations - this is a high end, gen one concept product.

The Nexus One when Google had no clout and US carriers were ruling the land with an iron fist was being sold unlocked for $630 in its day. Actually the Essential Phone has a lot more in common with the Nexus One than the Pixel.

History lessons are good sometimes...not all ideas and approved are truly "new" or original".

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yup, Heathrow Express and then Circle Line to hotel. Round-trip for two people was cheaper than sharing an Uber one way. Darn, surge pricing

I haven't used Uber yet to be honest. I know it's a big thing here and in the US but I still haven't had a need yet.

When I went to Santorini we used a regular taxi service to the airport which was cheaper than using Uber, even with a discount.

Airport surge charges are a complete pain I agree which is why we took the train home which was cheaper than getting a taxi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077