WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

... Just struck me I was actually in London and Paris - but those were cities near Brantford, Ontario, Canada!! Ah, those college days...
Ha, ha.
I have been to London, Ontario as well.
There's quite a bit of difference between the two

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's just interesting how relative people's perspectives are and how personal cellphones have become.

I can think back to Libra searching for a size fit and it reminded me of the various devices sizes I've used.

It was an adjustment going from sizes like the HTC Touch/HTC Touch Diamond/Sony M600/Sony P990 to a an Xperia X1 and HTC Kaiser to HTC Touch HD and HTC Mozart. I can recall the size adjustment going from the Mozart to a Focus S and then a Galaxy Nexus and then into Moto X and Sony Xperia Z3 territory.

Now it's weird to find the iPhone 6S so small having adjusted up from the Xiaomi Mi 5/Honor 8 screen size to the LG V20/Xiaomi Mi Note 2 size.

It's all about perspective and priorities, really.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So since I didn't make it official here, I should clarify it now: I recently got a job back with the hospital I was working at for eons. It's now in a different department and is reflective of my new found graduate degree.

Yeah, I shouldn't have been moaning about the work issues iPhone as much, but I suppose my job had gotten more important to wear I get to carry around a work phone.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So since I didn't make it official here, I should clarify it now: I recently got a job back with the hospital I was working at for eons. It's now in a different department and is reflective of my new found graduate degree.

Yeah, I shouldn't have been moaning about the work issues iPhone as much, but I suppose my job had gotten more important to wear I get to carry around a work phone.
You gotta let us know how the hallway conversations with your ex supervisor are going?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

It's just interesting how relative people's perspectives are and how personal cellphones have become.

I can think back to Libra searching for a size fit and it reminded me of the various devices sizes I've used.

It was an adjustment going from sizes like the HTC Touch/HTC Touch Diamond/Sony M600/Sony P990 to a an Xperia X1 and HTC Kaiser to HTC Touch HD and HTC Mozart. I can recall the size adjustment going from the Mozart to a Focus S and then a Galaxy Nexus and then into Moto X and Sony Xperia Z3 territory.

Now it's weird to find the iPhone 6S so small having adjusted up from the Xiaomi Mi 5/Honor 8 screen size to the LG V20/Xiaomi Mi Note 2 size.

I only once went bigger to smaller, when I went from a BlackBerry 9000 to a 9700.

Since then I've either gone bigger with each phone or chose the same size. My history after the BlackBerry 9700 had been: Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 920, Moto X (2013), Moto X Pure Edition, LG V20.

I'm at the point where I like 5.7" phones and don't want anything smaller.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Having picked up a working commute again, I really appreciate the HiFi audio on the V20. It'll be very hard to switch to a phone that lacks the audio chops on this level. Guess it officially takes me out of the running for nearly everything currently on the market except for 3 models. I'm still not a fan of the V20'S battery life, but I hope that whenever they update the unlocked model to 8.0 I can flash the US firmware to see some improvements.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Made it out of the airport and through Customs in record time despite landing at a remote location and taking the bus to the terminal.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You gotta let us know how the hallway conversations with your ex supervisor are going?
I haven't gone back to the old department yet, as it is off-site from the main hospital campus where I'm not working at.

Plus when I do go back to visit, I've got no intention of visiting her. Does that work for you as hallway conversations?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I haven't gone back to the old department yet, as it is off-site from the main hospital campus where I'm not working at.

Plus when I do go back to visit, I've got no intention of visiting her. Does that work for you as hallway conversations?
That's probably the best hallway conversation to have!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I only once went bigger to smaller, when I went from a BlackBerry 9000 to a 9700.

Since then I've either gone bigger with each phone or chose the same size. My history after the BlackBerry 9700 had been: Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 920, Moto X (2013), Moto X Pure Edition, LG V20.

I'm at the point where I like 5.7" phones and don't want anything smaller.
I can respect that. I've used screen sizes from 2.8" to 6.44". My sweet spot is 5.2". But, I can use something like a G6/950XL provided the frame around it isn't terribly "yuge".

The Mi 5 was dead on for me...the best thing to hit the sweet spot since the Moto X 2013. The Z3 and Moto Maxx were tolerable because of design...slimmer for the Z3 and solid grip for the Maxx.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's probably the best hallway conversation to have!
That's the plan. I have nothing against her personally, just had some strong professional differences in opinion. I've heard my former team has gone to ****sville, with one girl being fired outright before her resignation was accepted and the one they handed the supervisor job they didn't want to offer to me is walking around miserable and complaining about leaving.

Yeah, that's life, I suppose...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yeah that is weird haha. Well said though.

I have had the opposite experience. I have always wanted to go back to something small, ever since the Lumia 521. Bigger devices are nice for the screen real estate but then I get frustrated about not being able to fit it into my pocket.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Congratulations! Yeah that sounds like the case to me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah that is weird haha. Well said though.

I have had the opposite experience. I have always wanted to go back to something small, ever since the Lumia 521. Bigger devices are nice for the screen real estate but then I get frustrated about not being able to fit it into my pocket.
I think for me now it's priority of lifestyle features. I suppose that's why I really liked the Z3. I could just use it and not worry about much about it, outside of the (to me) finicky camera.

While it wasn't the best phone at everything, it was one of the most complete devices I've owned, down to receiving software support.

I have an idea for a device in mind but because it is a variant of a 2017 phone I do not know if it's another Moto Maxx situation. So I'm hopeful after I stabilize some important things, the time will clarify that option.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think for me now it's priority of lifestyle features. I suppose that's why I really liked the Z3. I could just use it and not worry about much about it, outside of the (to me) finicky camera.

While it wasn't the best phone at everything, it was one of the most complete devices I've owned, down to receiving software support.

I have an idea for a device in mind but because it is a variant of a 2017 phone I do not know if it's another Moto Maxx situation. So I'm hopeful after I stabilize some important things, the time will clarify that option.

That makes sense. Sounds like you'll find out in time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99