WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So it looks like MIUI 9 is rolling out the Mi Note 2. Looking forward to checking it out when it hits my device. Kinda wondering if a back up and restore will get rid of that awful audio issue I have.

I still like it, although I think LG's IR blaster app runs better with the AC units the GF has. These IR apps are weird...the Xiaomi one works with both the GF's TVs and neither of her AC units; the LG app works with both AC units and only 1 TV.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Looks like I will be getting a Android phone....
(resistance is futile)

details to follow

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

You will be assimilated. 😁
Welcome to the dark side.
Haha.. fortunately the script does not play out in an obvious scenario.

Over here, for about year now, I've been on a (approx) USD23 plan, which give 20GB per month. With it comes a free phone, basically limited selection of budget androids which I sneered at, and never bothered to claim. So, on my recent trip home, the wife found the wonders of Grab Cab, a local equivalent to Uber. Unfortunately, they don't have a WP app (surprise, surprise!!!)

My next step is to upgrade to a better plan (USD30, 30Gb), which lets me claim on slightly better spec'd Androids. Both me & wife have been using Lumia since 2013, I don't see myself leaving the platform. The Android, will go to the missus. Her 1520 will be a spare phone.

... !

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So since I didn't make it official here, I should clarify it now: I recently got a job back with the hospital I was working at for eons. It's now in a different department and is reflective of my new found graduate degree.

Yeah, I shouldn't have been moaning about the work issues iPhone as much, but I suppose my job had gotten more important to wear I get to carry around a work phone.
Congratulations!😊

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I have an idea. I like the V20 but I doubt it's the long term fit for me. Just not a fan how LG handled software updates on it.

Gotcha. I didn't really get why people say this (as in I didn't see how it could be too bad) until I got this phone but now, I totally understand.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm debating if I should switch back to my SE for the interim because of little annoying things with the Galaxy A3.

These things are:
- "Unfortunately, X has stopped working" popping up a number of times.
- My texts always go into the sea of the unknown. When I decide to send a text to a contact (or a number not in my phone) for the first time, I have no idea whether they got it or not. This issue is something unique to this phone and it grinds me. (I have had dual sim phones before and this didn't happen with them)
- I have duplicate numbers when it comes to the above ^, even though I only have one account with contact numbers feeding into my phone.

The battery life of the A3 is nice though...and so is the front camera, at least when it comes to details. On that note, I can get MIA's back and forth with the V20.

I like a lot about the A3 but the text thing and occasional (as in weekly or every other week) performance thing is annoying. At the same time, I have to decide if I can be bothered to switch after all, even though those things annoy me (especially the text thing).

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Happy to get to work today without jet lag. Fell asleep last night at around 9:30 and woke up today at 6:30 AM.
Had a nice off site work meeting, got to hear a patient story - young woman who received an implant at 17 years of age. Was a real tear jerker experience to hear how much her quality of life has improved since getting the device implanted about 8 months ago.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So actually the pictures came out quite nice on both phones. But in the low light scenario the Pixel still beat out the S8. However, carrying around 2 phones is getting cumbersome. I am going to figure out which one to keep and which one to drop soon.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Happy to get to work today without jet lag. Fell asleep last night at around 9:30 and woke up today at 6:30 AM.
Had a nice off site work meeting, got to hear a patient story - young woman who received an implant at 17 years of age. Was a real tear jerker experience to hear how much her quality of life has improved since getting the device implanted about 8 months ago.
Wow, that is awesome! I can only imagine how it felt to hear that. You know that you have an impact but this is putting a face to it. Wow.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So actually the pictures came out quite nice on both phones. But in the low light scenario the Pixel still beat out the S8. However, carrying around 2 phones is getting cumbersome. I am going to figure out which one to keep and which one to drop soon.
AKA both will get kicked to the curb, just trying to decide the order in which who gets the boot first...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm debating if I should switch back to my SE for the interim because of little annoying things with the Galaxy A3.

These things are:
- "Unfortunately, X has stopped working" popping up a number of times.
- My texts always go into the sea of the unknown. When I decide to send a text to a contact (or a number not in my phone) for the first time, I have no idea whether they got it or not. This issue is something unique to this phone and it grinds me. (I have had dual sim phones before and this didn't happen with them)
- I have duplicate numbers when it comes to the above ^, even though I only have one account with contact numbers feeding into my phone.

The battery life of the A3 is nice though...and so is the front camera, at least when it comes to details. On that note, I can get MIA's back and forth with the V20.

I like a lot about the A3 but the text thing and occasional (as in weekly or every other week) performance thing is annoying. At the same time, I have to decide if I can be bothered to switch after all, even though those things annoy me (especially the text thing).
Well, let's hope 7.0 fixes those issues for you.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

AKA both will get kicked to the curb, just trying to decide the order in which who gets the boot first...
I'm not sure since I haven't found anything compelling yet.
HTC U11 - I already have a big chin phone.
V30 looks quite interesting.
Note 8 - I'm gonna pass.
Pixel 2 - Meh.
Pixel 2 XL - Maybe.
iPhone X - Probably as long as work pays for it.

So looks like, I'm stuck with either one of my devices.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure since I haven't found anything compelling yet.
HTC U11 - I already have a big chin phone.
V30 looks quite interesting.
Note 8 - I'm gonna pass.
Pixel 2 - Meh.
Pixel 2 XL - Maybe.
iPhone X - Probably as long as work pays for it.

So looks like, I'm stuck with either one of my devices.
You're about as stuck with any one device as we are stuck with the most defining moment where Mr. Trump puts his foot in his mouth and leaves the "fake news" all agape and aghast.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, I hope so too. I have watched all of these update videos and just waiting for it to drop is challenging lol.
I hope it works out. I've all but decided on the V20's replacement. I'm just wondering if I feel comfortable in getting the device in mind after I hear the OEM announces their 8.0 update plans. Hopefully, by then I may feel more comfortable justifying the purchase.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I hope it works out. I've all but decided on the V20's replacement. I'm just wondering if I feel comfortable in getting the device in mind after I hear the OEM announces their 8.0 update plans. Hopefully, by then I may feel more comfortable justifying the purchase.
I really hope it works out for you in the way you prefer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss