WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Just stating what I know...by the end of the year, he's not owning either one of those devices.

And here I thought you would have called the Trump analogy savage...
Wrong!
Just to spite you I should keep one around.
Actually I am not that impressed with the newer devices and performance has definitely plateaued. I find that the Pixel runs smoother than the S8 on the older processor.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Says the guy who changes phones faster than I do
In my younger days, you'd be right. But in my old age...not so much.

FYI, I'll be going through our favorite Asian website for the variant I want later in the year. If you're as sharp as I think you are, you know already what I'm getting...it's just too pricey (among other things) right now.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

In my younger days, you'd be right. But in my old age...not so much.

FYI, I'll be going through our favorite Asian website for the variant I want later in the year. If you're as sharp as I think you are, you know already what I'm getting...it's just too pricey (among other things) right now.
Good luck.
I wouldn't touch that brand with a 10 ft pole!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I really hope it works out for you in the way you prefer.
Thanks. It'll be fine. If I'm fine with the chance it won't get much updates, then it's an even easier buy. Good thing is I have time and other priorities to sort out first before I purchase a device.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Just stating what I know...by the end of the year, he's not owning either one of those devices.

And here I thought you would have called the Trump analogy savage...
I try not to waste a single neuron on that jackass. Waiting for that next foot-in-mouth moment is like waiting for your next breath.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I try not to waste a single neuron on that jackass. Waiting for that next foot-in-mouth moment is like waiting for your next breath.

And that's exactly why I used that analogy to reinforce my point. Well, it's neither here nor there...99 will be using something new or two by the end of the year. And I'll make one of my lateral moves.

You know, the typical stuff.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Good luck.
I wouldn't touch that brand with a 10 ft pole!
Actually, you already did...but as usual, didn't decide to keep it.

Maybe you're losing your touch...doesn't sound like you're seeing where I'm going. Oh well, it's all good anyways.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wrong!
Just to spite you I should keep one around.
Actually I am not that impressed with the newer devices and performance has definitely plateaued. I find that the Pixel runs smoother than the S8 on the older processor.
Just to spite me, he says...

"Seeing is believing." The only two phones you had a hard-ish time parting with were the Lumia 822 and the Nexus 5. I doubt the Pixel has gotten anywhere near that sort of status in your book yet...

...but hey, time and tastes changes, so now I could be wrong...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

hello2.gif

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I jinxed myself with my post about annoyances with the A3. As soon as I was replying to MIA on an earlier post, I was spammed with "Cortana stopped working". It kept popping up, even after I kept tapping "ok". It got to the point where I decided to uninstall the app because I was over it. That has never happened before but whoa, it's nudging me to switch.

At the same time, I don't know if I can be bothered.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I hope it works out. I've all but decided on the V20's replacement. I'm just wondering if I feel comfortable in getting the device in mind after I hear the OEM announces their 8.0 update plans. Hopefully, by then I may feel more comfortable justifying the purchase.
I'm loving the V20 so far. I installed the Google Camera app, which I'm hoping to get a chance to play with this week, depending on whether I'm able to get out and find something interesting to shoot. I haven't forgotten about the in-depth review. I've just been busy.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm loving the V20 so far. I installed the Google Camera app, which I'm hoping to get a chance to play with this week, depending on whether I'm able to get out and find something interesting to shoot. I haven't forgotten about the in-depth review. I've just been busy.
I'm glad you're liking the V20 so far.

It's a really, really good device. I just feel that LG hasn't treated it as well as it could have, especially with software updates. I'm not getting the best battery life though. But it has survived a few tumbles from my large mitts unscathed.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Did you know he won Missouri, by a lot?
Now what's up with that Hurricane in Houston?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Just to spite me, he says...

"Seeing is believing." The only two phones you had a hard-ish time parting with were the Lumia 822 and the Nexus 5. I doubt the Pixel has gotten anywhere near that sort of status in your book yet...

...but hey, time and tastes changes, so now I could be wrong...
As Donald would say - WRONG (partially).
Lumia 810
Lumia 640
Nexus 5

If Pixel lasts 4 months it will be in the same pantheon as these three.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Did you know he won Missouri, by a lot?
Now what's up with that Hurricane in Houston?
No disrespect to the fine folks from the Show-Me state but I don't pay any attention to Missouri. I'm in Miami and my heart goes out to those people in Houston as I've lived through my fair share of hurricanes. Andrew will not soon be forgotten.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)