WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

As Donald would say - WRONG (partially).
Lumia 810
Lumia 640
Nexus 5

If Pixel lasts 4 months it will be in the same pantheon as these three.
822=810, same difference. I forgot about the 640, I'm surprised you don't have one hidden in an old shoebox in a closet.

Well, I don't think I have a pantheon like that, so that's that.

I would try a Pixel but the problem is the audio...the DAC is OK but the amp is weak, from what I've told. The V20 is very spoiling...hard to give up that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For the record, being the new guy sucks bollocks. People are nice and helpful, but being new still sucks.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

3eedc3339224d31ade9a46f71da4efe4.jpg
Auto mode
65cbe51a639710e9006f4d3dd9857136.jpg
manual mode

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

No disrespect to the fine folks from the Show-Me state but I don't pay any attention to Missouri. I'm in Miami and my heart goes out to those people in Houston as I've lived through my fair share of hurricanes. Andrew will not soon be forgotten.
I apologise for not putting my sarcasm alert in that email.

agree with you that we have a bloviated jackhole for POTUS so this is completely expected.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Not sure why it came out so cold in manual mode, but I know I had to fiddle with the settings.
Which camera app were you using?

I'm playing around with the LG camera and the Google Camera. I'll provide more details once I've used both. So far I took shots of the same thing using both on auto.

LG Camera
720cdfc6b6b67628c50f3460651d2bdc.jpg

Google Camera
ccfa9dfb3e7ec9817668e631db35929e.jpg

These were low light looking through the window of a closed bakery.

I'll get some better subjects later this week.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Just stopping by to see how's everyone doing. I see MIA and 99 aren't lacking any of that sarcasm of theirs.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So since I didn't make it official here, I should clarify it now: I recently got a job back with the hospital I was working at for eons. It's now in a different department and is reflective of my new found graduate degree.

Yeah, I shouldn't have been moaning about the work issues iPhone as much, but I suppose my job had gotten more important to wear I get to carry around a work phone.

Congrats! Good luck on the new workplace.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So since I didn't make it official here, I should clarify it now: I recently got a job back with the hospital I was working at for eons. It's now in a different department and is reflective of my new found graduate degree.

Yeah, I shouldn't have been moaning about the work issues iPhone as much, but I suppose my job had gotten more important to wear I get to carry around a work phone.

Congrats and all that. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just installed a countdown app... I'm going to use it to countdown to when I give my notice here.

Unless something interferes with that, it will be end of October-ish.

Though there are days I feel like doing it sooner. I may consider that too.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Let us know how that goes.
Will do.

One of the reasons why I didn't want to follow the lead of an old colleague who left and returned to the old department was that with my experience there, you get type casted based on your prior position.

So instead of cursing out a few people who would view me through the lens of my old position if I went back in a new role, it's better to just go somewhere else entirely.

I went through the "questioning your competence as a new person bit" already there and didn't want to do that a second time.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My thoughts are with Texans dealing with Hurricane Harvey. Fortunately for me, my cousins in Houston are ok.

I survived this bad boy as a child...he was a borderline category 4 when it hit home. I can still remember seeing my roof getting ripped off from the inside. Natural disasters are No joke.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Gilbert

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

My thoughts are with Texans dealing with Hurricane Harvey. Fortunately for me, my cousins in Houston are ok.

I survived this bad boy as a child...he was a borderline category 4 when it hit home. I can still remember seeing my roof getting ripped off from the inside. Natural disasters are No joke.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Gilbert
You're lucky to have been very young when it hit. If memory serves, Gilbert was the same year as Hugo and we were terrified in Miami because one was to our south and the other drifted north. I had many friends in Jamaica whose homes were wiped out by Gilbert. I think it might still be the most powerful storm in the Atlantic as far as barometric pressure.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs