WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

To be honest, I don't enjoy that either.

Aw.

Your previous comment kind of reminds me of my friend's comment last week. The last two times he has seen me, he asked me what new phone I have today

Same friend made a joke about my buying of phones being legal before, just as a point of context.

Resistance is hard but I don't know if I want to deal with selling. At least more than I should anyway.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Aw.

Your previous comment kind of reminds me of my friend's comment last week. The last two times he has seen me, he asked me what new phone I have today

Same friend made a joke about my buying of phones being legal before, just as a point of context.

Resistance is hard but I don't know if I want to deal with selling. At least more than I should anyway.
Buying is always the easy part...the trick is selling the existing model. We're not all as blessed as 99 in that department...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Funny-ish story.

So my friend who I gave her a HTC 8X as her first smartphone (which she lost in a cab) moved to NYC recently. She was asking me for phone recommendations as she is like Libra (prefers compact phones) but doesn't want to spend money on a phone. She even called me her "phone guy".

So I suggested to her twice the Moto E4. Told her to even look at it in person first. I also suggested an iPhone SE would be a solid investment too.

She calls me last week after being without a phone here for two weeks and stated she bought a new phone. She ended up getting a t mobile revvl (5.5").

She told me she picked that phone, even though she admitted not knowing about phones. Her logic: "I trusted the sales rep because he is Jamaican like me."

MIA's response: 🤔🤐

This is why I don't give buyer's recommendations.
And you wonder why people end up working through some of the things they purchase...

...just cannot let a sales person talk you into something...they're trying to get paid too, right?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

And you wonder why people end up working through some of the things they purchase...

...just cannot let a sales person talk you into something...they're trying to get paid too, right?

Aw your friend. I would have never guessed that she would do that. I guess you'll find out how long she lasts with that phone lol.

I agree though.

I was wondering what happened with her, thanks for the update.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Aw your friend. I would have never guessed that she would do that. I guess you'll find out how long she lasts with that phone lol.

I agree though.

I was wondering what happened with her, thanks for the update.
I'm not surprised she did that, honestly.

To me it isn't about her phone purchase itself, but her willingness to choose a sales rep who was motivated to sell her something as supposed to someone who tried to make suggestions based on her known preferences was what spoke volumes (none of it good).

The funniest part is how she asked me if I knew what phone she bought (I said yes), and how she was seeking some sort of validation of her purchase to which after a slight pause I said:

"That's that."

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm not surprised she did that, honestly.

To me it isn't about her phone purchase itself, but her willingness to choose a sales rep who was motivated to sell her something as supposed to someone who tried to make suggestions based on her known preferences was what spoke volumes (none of it good).

The funniest part is how she asked me if I knew what phone she bought (I said yes), and how she was seeking some sort of validation of her purchase to which after a slight pause I said:

"That's that."

I do think that is a weird choice but if you're not surprised, I should see that as a sign. That's a perfect answer that you gave her though haha.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I do think that is a weird choice but if you're not surprised, I should see that as a sign. That's a perfect answer that you gave her though haha.
It's not that weird. People will always be who they want, and do what they want.

Kizzy Catwoman

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site

I am awake watching Stargate Atlantis back to back on Sky Box Sets. Flanked by 2 sleeping cats lying on the bed with me. And reading WC forums on my Umidigi Z1.
a09a7a64d1c5625d551f119badbbcf93.jpg

Sent from my Z1 using Windows Central mobile app

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb