WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Thanks to all the well-wishers out there, it's always humbling to see this kind of support from people I don't know personally.

My prep is just about done and I'm chillin' for a while until this oppressive heat dies down a little. But now I'm thinking, what could be worse? Hurricanes and the stifling heat before and especially after or winter storms, Nor'Easters and such? Correct me if I'm wrong but in the northern sections most houses use gas appliances that aren't affected by power outages and fuel oil for heating. Down here, we're so effed when the power goes out for weeks like when Andrew paid a discourteous visit. I imagine northerners can still stay warm and cook food, take showers and other daily things we take for granted. How 'bout it? Which would you take, comfy in the house for days or weeks while it's freezing outside.....or living in a sauna and sweating like a w***e in church for days or weeks?

To be honest, I don't know which is worse. I can't speak for all of the area but I would say that you are right to a point. When heavy storms and hurricanes knock out power, it really depends on if one has a gas stove or not at home. No power means that we can use a lighter to light the stove if gas. If not, you'll be out of luck. Some areas in Maryland use oil for heating and others use gas. Personally, I use gas.

That does suck though about melting for days. I think I would take comfy in the house even though I'll be tired of everyone around me at a point. LOL.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I was caught up in meetings. So the delay in pictures for the other two large screen phones.
180ab6c4780ebb4ff024295eccdd687d.jpg
838b17a2e27c3ef1c678aa0eb7367a88.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

In retrospect, it's kind of good that this friend flaked today for our event since I finally caught steam for my application. I'm excited and scared at the same time of how submitting this application will change my life...

One letter down, two to go. Need to continue to follow up with people. Additionally, one transcript has been sent and I will do the other one on Monday or Tuesday? Regular mail takes two days from here to there so I'm not really concerned but at the same time, I don't want to be worrying about if it will get there in time.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanks to all the well-wishers out there, it's always humbling to see this kind of support from people I don't know personally.

My prep is just about done and I'm chillin' for a while until this oppressive heat dies down a little. But now I'm thinking, what could be worse? Hurricanes and the stifling heat before and especially after or winter storms, Nor'Easters and such? Correct me if I'm wrong but in the northern sections most houses use gas appliances that aren't affected by power outages and fuel oil for heating. Down here, we're so effed when the power goes out for weeks like when Andrew paid a discourteous visit. I imagine northerners can still stay warm and cook food, take showers and other daily things we take for granted. How 'bout it? Which would you take, comfy in the house for days or weeks while it's freezing outside.....or living in a sauna and sweating like a w***e in church for days or weeks?
I'd take none.

I'm watching this very closely, with my dad and brother in Coral springs. Stay safe.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

These coffee caramel chocolates from Costa Rica are amazing! We have some co-workers visiting and they brought over a bag to the conference room.
0279f4cc9a238fe8cc3d36a9e6349fe4.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

In retrospect, it's kind of good that this friend flaked today for our event since I finally caught steam for my application. I'm excited and scared at the same time of how submitting this application will change my life...

One letter down, two to go. Need to continue to follow up with people. Additionally, one transcript has been sent and I will do the other one on Monday or Tuesday? Regular mail takes two days from here to there so I'm not really concerned but at the same time, I don't want to be worrying about if it will get there in time.
Good luck with everything!😊

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Why is it, that WC's sister site, CrackBerry, gets an official beer, meanwhile MS has their head in the sand so we get nothing???

WP_20170908_20_46_13_Rich.jpg

And the back, to clarify the asterisks..

WP_20170908_20_47_30_Rich.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Only me can be trying to think of every possible thing to add to my essays, but on another part of my brain, I'm thinking about phone stuff. I'm broken.

I'm nearly done the shorter one but having to meet an exact word count is so annoying. I feel kind of close though.

Obviously, I know which one is important, but a part of my mind has me wondering when this A3 would show itself again. That's further back but that is what is really inspiring the phone stuff here. Having to maintain a phone is really annoying. I would rather not think about having to maintain it.

Seems like I have to make a choice so that I can just live (without it being in my head). I'm a natural worrier but I have no idea how people deal with things that have to be maintained often. I understand that people don't have a choice sometimes, but when one does, I'm confused why...

Edit: For the sake of my brainpower, which is super needed for this (the essays), I have switched back to the SE. I will be using the front camera when needed on the A3 for now. For my battery woes, I have ordered a battery case which will be coming early next week. When the pending phone drops, these suckers would have already been submitted!

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Looks like a clearing from bands for another 2 hours or so. It's a little unsettling to see the eye moving off the coast of Camaguey, Cuba (where I was born) and not too far from the purple dot that represents where I live.

wp_ss_20170909_0001.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99