WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Which, on one hand is OK, but takes the sting out of it really. It's not that much different from the Mi 6. It feels like the made the Mi Note 3 to be a successor to the Mi 5S/Mi 5S+ of last year instead of the Mi Note 3.

I'm sure the 660 chip is capable, but once again an OEM dilutes their line up even more. While I know this doesn't compete with the Mi 5 X/A1, they're still too close to differentiate, really.

I think the Mi Mix 2 is the successor to the Mi Note 2.

They have Mi Mix 2 and Mi 6 as their top shelf large/small phone lineup.

The Mi Note 3 is their budget offering.

The Mi A1 is their Android One offering.

The rest of the real low budget stuff falls in their Redmi lineup.

I do like how they are cleaning up their portfolio, slowly but surely.

Of course, it is sad that the Mi Note series got bumped off the top shelf.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The rest of the real low budge stuff falls in their Redmi lineup.

Of course, it is said that the Mi Note series got bumped off the top shelf.

Yeah that's interesting that they do that way. Less confusing over what Motorola is doing with theirs.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Not buying a phone has been a struggle. It's been really hard. I have come so close today. I have put them in my carts and even entertained like I am truly a buyer on some listings. I couldn't remember my passwords. :/

I'm even thinking about the Honor 8 possibly since it would be cheaper than the Pixel is currently secondhand. Just something to hold me over until the XZ1 Compact is available next month. I almost bought a 6S too, but stopped because after tomorrow, it should be even cheaper.

Next month is my birthday month and who knows if this XZ1 Compact will be available before it or not. There will be pictures to take...

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The rest of the real low budge stuff falls in their Redmi lineup.

Of course, it is said that the Mi Note series got bumped off the top shelf.
I'd correct you and state that the Mi Note line is now their mid ranger phablet or the big phone version of their smaller handset...with the Mi Mix as the high end big phone.

Still, it's splitting hairs. I do like the look of the Mi Mix 2.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

To go for the p10 or not is the question

Don't want to regret it but at the same time is it worth $30+ more to be reassured? To be on the safe side, I think I'm going to cave on the reassurance.

That way, if Sony disappoints, I'll be fine. If this doesn't fit because of height, I will still be fine.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Don't want to regret it but at the same time is it worth $30+ more to be reassured? To be on the safe side, I think I'm going to cave on the reassurance.

That way, if Sony disappoints, I'll be fine. If this doesn't fit because of height, I will still be fine.
Rehab!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

LOL! You knew this was going to happen. I just needed to go with what made the most sense, because carrying 2 phones in the long run is not for me. It was really hard to decide what to get.

I did it, and I have a 30 day return window, thanks to Amazon. I planned this out while I should have been sleeping. 30 days from now is enough for the tech blogs to drop reviews for the XZ1 Compact and XZ1, which have the same cameras if I'm not mistaken.

If the cameras are a go, I could return it and get that after my refund is processed. If not and I like the phone, I will keep it. I'll see how I deal with the height thing but I'm going to be concert ready \o/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

LOL! You knew this was going to happen. I just needed to go with what made the most sense, because carrying 2 phones in the long run is not for me. It was really hard to decide what to get.

I did it, and I have a 30 day return window, thanks to Amazon. I planned this out while I should have been sleeping. 30 days from now is enough for the tech blogs to drop reviews for the XZ1 Compact and XZ1, which have the same cameras if I'm not mistaken.

If the cameras are a go, I could return it and get that after my refund is processed. If not and I like the phone, I will keep it.

GSM Arena has a good full review. I can't seem to post the link for some reason.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

GSM Arena has a good full review. I can't seem to post the link for some reason.

Thank you, I'll check it out! As a point and shoot camera person, I don't want to have high hopes for it, but they are the only people to make small, compact phones. Again, it doesn't need to be the top, just needs to be solid in low light on both cameras.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thank you, I'll check it out! As a point and shoot camera person, I don't want to have high hopes for it, but they are the only people to make small, compact phones. Again, it doesn't need to be the top, just needs to be solid in low light on both cameras.

They do state the low light is nothing special so you'll probably be disappointed. It's weird because sometimes it does really well in low light.

Not sure why Sony can't seem to get this sorted...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

They do state the low light is nothing special so you'll probably be disappointed. It's weird because sometimes it does really well in low light.

Not sure why Sony can't seem to get this sorted...

Hmm, I see that in the pictures. It doesn't look as bad to me (still kind of disappointed considering the price) but I agree with you about them struggling. Generally, it sounds like an improvement in some areas.

Maybe I should accept that nothing is like the Pixel in such scenarios, but not as bad is OK for me lol.

My mistake, the main camera is the same on both but the front one is different. I'll have to see what they say when they publish that impressions (review) for the XZ1 Compact.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hmm, I see that in the pictures. It doesn't look as bad to me (still kind of disappointed considering the price) but I agree with you about them struggling. Generally, it sounds like an improvement in some areas.

Maybe I should accept that nothing is like the Pixel in such scenarios, but not as bad is OK for me lol.

My mistake, the main camera is the same on both but the front one is different. I'll have to see what they say when they publish that impressions (review) for the XZ1 Compact.

They have a review for the XZ1 Compact - Sony Xperia XZ1 review - GSMArena.com tests

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Now you are thinking of a Huawei P10???
SMH...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

If the cameras are a go, I could return it and get that after my refund is processed. If not and I like the phone, I will keep it. I'll see how I deal with the height thing but I'm going to be concert ready \o/

Huawei's camera implementation game lately has been better than Sony's.
Just my 2 cents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills