WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

V20 has survived a few drops out of my pocket. I like the phone but sometimes it's a bit too big for its own good...
I find the V20 less bulky and easier to hold than the MXPE. I have a clear case from Speck for the V20, but most of the time I use it without a case, with only a tempered glass screen protector. I think the thickness and the curved back of the MXPE was more bulky and awkward to hold compared to the V20.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Saw one of my new colleagues eyeballing that iPhone 10 hard at her desk...lol. I'll wait until 99 reviews it before I comment.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I find the V20 less bulky and easier to hold than the MXPE. I have a clear case from Speck for the V20, but most of the time I use it without a case, with only a tempered glass screen protector. I think the thickness and the curved back of the MXPE was more bulky and awkward to hold compared to the V20.
Mine has slid put my work slacks a few times, hence the drops. That I'm not a fan of at all. Having used the Mi Note 2 beforehand, I find that phone (along with the 950 XL) to be comparatively more compact.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Mine has slid put my work slacks a few times, hence the drops. That I'm not a fan of at all. Having used the Mi Note 2 beforehand, I find that phone (along with the 950 XL) to be comparatively more compact.
I haven't had any issues so far, but the size is the same as the MXPE. However, the V20 is easier to hold once it's in my hand and out of my pocket. I typically wear Levi's 501 original fit, and the phone goes in my left front pocket without anything else in that pocket.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I haven't had any issues so far, but the size is the same as the MXPE. However, the V20 is easier to hold once it's in my hand and out of my pocket. I typically wear Levi's 501 original fit, and the phone goes in my left front pocket without anything else in that pocket.
I only keep my phone on my front pocket. Because I'm stuck with the 6S, when I'm on the clock it's in a holster case.

I'd still prefer something a little more compact, but not much is out there with the audio chops of the V20...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The P10 feels big. I don't know about it. Not loving it or hating it, actually it feels like how I felt about the iPhone 7, which isn't good. Considering returning it...

My low light play shots are hit or miss. Not as bad as Sony but I feel like there's a slight yellow overcast which isn't present even in the A3. It feels different than the Honor 8 did. :/

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

My freebie from the carrier ... Can't wait to rid of it and use the cash for something else

SJBAbom.jpg

... !

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The P10 feels big. I don't know about it. Not loving it or hating it, actually it feels like how I felt about the iPhone 7, which isn't good. Considering returning it...

My low light play shots are hit or miss. Not as bad as Sony but I feel like there's a slight yellow overcast which isn't present even in the A3. It feels different than the Honor 8 did. :/
Not surprised. Hence how I worded the post about the screen protector.

The low light of the P10 is somewhat by design...Leica wants some noise and grain to give the photos grit.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I liked the P series. Just not a fan of EMUI as I prefer MIUI over it.

I'd try a P10 if I wasn't so fixated on great audio.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Not surprised. Hence how I worded the post about the screen protector.

The low light of the P10 is somewhat by design...Leica wants some noise and grain to give the photos grit.
You worded it smartly.

Ooh okay, I didn't know that. I can get why, but I hate it when it comes to certain things. I would rather have the choice. It's going back. It's a bit too much cash for me to feel this way about it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is Apple during its keynote and the reaction of their diehard fans whenever they take a feature that's been out for a while and put their spin on it...

If only my game was that good to get into people's wallets like Apple...sigh...

https://youtu.be/_zI3OeNsnvI

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I liked the P series. Just not a fan of EMUI as I prefer MIUI over it.

I'd try a P10 if I wasn't so fixated on great audio.

Yeah, it seems like a solid series. True, considering the phone you have, it would probably be a downgrade.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If I channel my inner Libra, give me a Pixel sized phone with the V30's camera, water resistance, Qi, audio, dual speakers and the Pixel's version of Android, and I'll be good.

I'd be fine if it was a 2800mah powering the show with the S835. It can look as ugly as the Pixel too.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Noob questions here, but I'm sure one of you can help me. We all know of the notification issues that Huawei and Honor phones can have. One of those issues that I've been having has to do with notifications from the Outlook email app. Notifications for mail through that app do not show up unless I have the screen on. It's not a really not deal, but it's enough to annoy the heck out of me at times. I've never used the stock email app on my Honor Note 8 due to my paranoid suspicion of the app and my ignorance as to how email apps work. I want to add my work email to the stock app, but we send sensitive information in some of our emails. Finally...to my questions: When using the stock Huawei email app, does my mail get routed to overseas severs before arriving to my phone? Should I be concerned using the stock app?
Thanks for the help. 😊

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Noob questions here, but I'm sure one of you can help me. We all know of the notification issues that Huawei and Honor phones can have. One of those issues that I've been having has to do with notifications from the Outlook email app. Notifications for mail through that app do not show up unless I have the screen on. It's not a really not deal, but it's enough to annoy the heck out of me at times. I've never used the stock email app on my Honor Note 8 due to my paranoid suspicion of the app and my ignorance as to how email apps work. I want to add my work email to the stock app, but we send sensitive information in some of our emails. Finally...to my questions: When using the stock Huawei email app, does my mail get routed to overseas severs before arriving to my phone? Should I be concerned using the stock app?
Thanks for the help. 😊
How about Blue Mail for your work email? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.bluemail.mail

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, Laura. Never heard of Blue Mail. Gonna check it out.
Looking back on my post, I realized that I left out the fact that I wanted to use the stock email app strictly because notifications from it work as they should. I'll try out the Blue Mail app, but if notifications don't come through, I'll be back to square one. 🙁

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

If I channel my inner Libra, give me a Pixel sized phone with the V30's camera, water resistance, Qi, audio, dual speakers and the Pixel's version of Android, and I'll be good.

I'd be fine if it was a 2800mah powering the show with the S835. It can look as ugly as the Pixel too.

Haha @ it looking ugly like the Pixel.

Sounds like an awesome phone though!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3