WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I charge my phone during the day. Even if it doesn't get to 100%, I don't care. There is always juice left throughout the rest of the day and night. Don't fret about the battery pack. I also happen to have absolutely garbage signal at work.
Same here. It boils down to how crazy you are on the phone. Plus they have a lot of smaller battery packs that aren't too heavy to have in a bag if needed (something 5000mah lipstick size).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Camera is so so.
There is a big software snafu that they haven't fixed yet.
For all we know, they might end up where Nextbit Robin did.
I am steering clear from this device.
It does have a really upscale Nextbit Robin design feel to it. They've got lots of work to to do, for sure.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Only if it shows up at 80% off MSRP, otherwise I am absolutely not interested.
I know if I try to hold my breath at this comment I'd die, so I won't. Somehow, a good opportunity to get one will appear for you...hence I'll wait for the 99 review.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's interesting to view the similarities and difference between the 950XL and the iPhone 10. Both were created for the fans in mind and yet even if people get superior posterior pains over the sticker price, it's unlikely to see the iPhone 10 get the same treatment as the 950XL did...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Same here. It boils down to how crazy you are on the phone. Plus they have a lot of smaller battery packs that aren't too heavy to have in a bag if needed (something 5000mah lipstick size).

Yeah I think I'm open to considering a small one. For how I use my phone, it depends on the day but I'm not a heavy user at all.

That's part of the reason why I get frustrated that phones don't even last for the day. I don't like to carry my charger around, I'll rather have it when necessary.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm going to get a refurbished Pixel after all so I'm watching listings everywhere. I have noticed something interesting. For some reason, it seems like the black Pixel is cheaper than the silver is and I don't get why that is. That has me debating if I should go cheaper and not get my ideal color, or if I should get my ideal color and pay more.

Either way, a dbrand skin will be needed (unless I go blue, that would be the only time it isn't "needed" for me).

Edit: I'm going to go with the black one. It will be skinned anyway. The cost difference is enough to buy accessories which I need.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I think I'm open to considering a small one. For how I use my phone, it depends on the day but I'm not a heavy user at all.

That's part of the reason why I get frustrated that phones don't even last for the day. I don't like to carry my charger around, I'll rather have it when necessary.
You've heard me say this before: battery usage is so subjective.

If you're a wall hugger because you use the phone, plug it in and use it while charging and use it off the charger...no battery life will satisfy you, especially in a compact design. There's a reason why power users end up going for bigger batteries and power packs.

As for me, I'm now a short burst user as the new job doesn't give me the luxury to be on my phone at work. So between that and being a heavy tablet user at home, I could use a phone like a Pixel as my daily driver. Your mileage will vary. Just be true in tune with it and decide from there.

If you want a chunky compact monkey, you'll end up with a Lumia 920. Lol.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I know if I try to hold my breath at this comment I'd die, so I won't. Somehow, a good opportunity to get one will appear for you...hence I'll wait for the 99 review.

I cannot forsee a iPhone X at 80% at least until two years from now. So perhaps there might be a review sometime in 2019.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I have a 5600 mAh pack I take during short road trips. For longer trips for work travel or overseas I take my 13000 mAh battery pack. Although this last trip, all planes had a charging port so I didn't have to use my battery pack.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

To my point, the V30's blue color looks really, really good.

I am waiting for Pixel 2.
Otherwise so far it looks like V30 is the sleeper hit so far.
Now let's hope LG decides to price it wisely to fend off Note 8 and Pixel 2. There is no point in LG competing with Apple.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

If you're a wall hugger because you use the phone, plug it in and use it while charging and use it off the charger...no battery life will satisfy you, especially in a compact design. There's a reason why power users end up going for bigger batteries and power packs.

As for me, I'm now a short burst user as the new job doesn't give me the luxury to be on my phone at work. So between that and being a heavy tablet user at home, I could use a phone like a Pixel as my daily driver. Your mileage will vary. Just be true in tune with it and decide from there.

For certain things I just pick up my MediaPad M3.
I refuse to try and accomplish those tasks on a smartphone.
I don't even install certain apps on the phone and those are only on the tablet for the same reason as well.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Now let's hope LG decides to price it wisely to fend off Note 8 and Pixel 2. There is no point in LG competing with Apple.
All leaks look like it'll be cheaper than the Note 8 and the "you would think I invented sex" iPhone 10...

The biggest question is how soon LG can start shipping these things...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, since headphone jack doesn't matter as much to you, you should be fine there. I hope the stereo speakers are good though.

We will see what other tricks Google offers, but I don't think the Pixel 2 will make my list.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For certain things I just pick up my MediaPad M3.
I refuse to try and accomplish those tasks on a smartphone.
I don't even install certain apps on the phone and those are only on the tablet for the same reason as well.
Ibid. 100%.

That's why the Z3 Tablet Compact has been one of my favorite buys ever. I offload all the junk onto it and use the phones for more productive things.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have a 5600 mAh pack I take during short road trips. For longer trips for work travel or overseas I take my 13000 mAh battery pack. Although this last trip, all planes had a charging port so I didn't have to use my battery pack.
Smart move. I got one of those huge packs myself for heavy duty work. Otherwise, I think I do a decent job of managing battery life to get me through a day.

It just boils down to usage patterns, which different from person to person.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You're right. Thankfully, I'm not one at all. That would be mission impossible without a battery pack/case.

Exactly what you said is again why I feel disappointment when a phone fails to meet the 24 hour mark (for when I have to put it on the charger). If I don't use it at all really, sure but that doesn't count. I'm kind of like you but I probably check something on my phone more frequently. I have long sessions when reading a book. Especially if it is very interesting. When I have actual phone calls, I expect drain and shorter battery life. Aside from that though, nah.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well, since headphone jack doesn't matter as much to you, you should be fine there. I hope the stereo speakers are good though.

We will see what other tricks Google offers, but I don't think the Pixel 2 will make my list.

The original Pixel is where it ends for me. Yeah, I can't not have one, that was difficult for me with the 7. Not even because of the adapter situation but because I already overthink a lot of the time. For me, the less external things I have to think and worry about, the better it will be for my mind.

On a related note, that month of not searching, pondering and hoping was nice for me because I just got to use a phone and not think about if it will make it...until it was acting up with apps.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The original Pixel is where it ends for me. Yeah, I can't not have one, that was difficult for me with the 7. Not even because of the adapter situation but because I already overthink a lot of the time. For me, the less external things I have to think and worry about, the better it will be for my mind.

On a related note, that month of not searching, pondering and hoping was nice for me because I just got to use a phone and not think about if it will make it...until it was acting up with apps.
I just want high quality audio because outside of a phone, I don't have the opportunity to enjoy my music that way otherwise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo