WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That's what's cool about doing things old school and bringing back some of the pleasure of writing with a fine fountain pen, shaving with a double edge razor or telling time with a mechanical time piece. It counters all the easy yet intrusive electronics we have in our lives.
I actually use a brush and shaving cream to shave after all these years.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Me too. Very relaxing.
Left both my brushes in trips the last month
One in Chicago and the other in Puerto Rico.
Down to putting the cream on by hand. However, I have a couple of brushes on order so things should be back to normal soon.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Made it home a little less than an hour ago. This place was a little over 100 miles roundtrip by myself (I know that people in the Midwest and California drive more miles but this is far for me) so it felt long. I am used to driving for concerts like a hour away but this was longer.

Anyway, my favorite was awesome. The other artists were cool too. She was so worth it. I had a great time.

I'm going through my pictures on my two phones to see if any are actually really good or not. At a point, I gave up shooting with the SE, since I remembered that the A3 actually has a smaller aperture.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

I have tried to maintain my handwriting over the years. My kid has really good handwriting as well.

I used to have great handwriting, and was pretty good at using calligraphy pen. Those had replaceable nibs and use ink pots.
I think once I switched to ball-points pens it all went down hill , it's all in the friction where the pen touches the paper. I write better with a lead pencil than a Bic, cos the extra bit of friction forces me to write slower and neater.
I think I gonna get me a fountain pen and start my penmanship rehab!!!

... !

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Sunset from the air

fxdBFxR.jpg

... !

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For people who thought I was being nefarious about getting mugged and forcibly using face unlock to access your shiny iPhone X, Apple also thought about this and has supposedly built in a security feature for that...

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

For people who thought I was being nefarious about getting mugged and forcibly using face unlock to access your shiny iPhone X, Apple also thought about this and has supposedly built in a security feature for that...
How do they manage this, I wonder??? Does Apple get to know your holy shat face over time too? 😂

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I used to have great handwriting, and was pretty good at using calligraphy pen. Those had replaceable nibs and use ink pots.
I think once I switched to ball-points pens it all went down hill , it's all in the friction where the pen touches the paper. I write better with a lead pencil than a Bic, cos the extra bit of friction forces me to write slower and neater.
I think I gonna get me a fountain pen and start my penmanship rehab!!!

... !
I always use a pencil for note taking at work. The hand writing is much better than a gel pen or a ball point pen.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Using the 950XL is one of the most beautifully frustrating experiences I have.

Beautiful for the look and feel of the OS; frustrating for how if you stay outside the basics, the experience falls flat quickly.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

How do they manage this, I wonder??? Does Apple get to know your holy shat face over time too? 😂
Good point. What happens as you age? Also, it's a good thing this feature came out after Bruce became Caitlyn. Can you imagine?

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

This is interesting, thanks for sharing. I'm not sure if I have seen his speech that went viral.

Anyway, I do have some comments about what he said. He has valid points but I don't totally agree with all of them.

His comment about the participation trophies is so true. I played softball for like 6 years when I was little. Our team basically won 1 game a year and we were given those. It's sad that I found myself getting used to the trophy. At least for that. Didn't get one in another local competition (not sports related) kind of thing I did for 2 years. I don't remember how I felt about that.

The point about the phone thing at meetings and at outings, I'm part guilty. I see that in other coworkers at meetings. My phone stays in my pocket or my purse for the most part if I'm with people that I want to be with. I look forward to just having conversations and hanging out in person. My phone is the last thing on my mind. However if it's something I don't want to do, or I am not around familiar people, I'm totally on my phone and yes with the social media. I try to pause it though.

The point about the stresses of life is true. I'll rather not get into it deeply but my parents undermined my emotions a lot. It messed with me that on tv I would see children talk to their parents about what happened at school when it comes to the bad things and when I would tell my mom what happened, her reaction was always "why are you crying about that?" There was no trying to understand me. So I stopped. To this day, I only talk to her about certain things. Never anything emotional.

Fortunately, I had my sister and I talked to her a lot about stuff until she went away to college. Then I felt far away from her and I didn't want to disturb her so I didn't call when going through middle school (we are 6 years apart) and high school stuff. I also made a few best friends too, which was nice until they literally moved away and I was back to square one.

He is right on the point of suicide. I have been around that block 2 times in my life. Notably, these were also times I felt away from my sister too. In regards to relationships, there's a point there. I see it too. He is on the money about friends. I feel like most of my friends are that way. They are a good time but I can't talk to any of them about anything I'm struggling with. For me, I find that I desire a deeper friendship more than I desire a romantic relationship. I have tried with some of them and not much comes out of it. Not even about patience, they just aren't as interested in doing that with me. Some of them do it with each other though. They are decent people though, which is why I still bother to do things with them but I don't expect much anymore.

In regards to work, I can't relate at all or agree. I like acknowledgement but not for the basic stuff. I like my job. It's a great launch pad. Indifferent about the impact thing though personally. Friends have left jobs because of the work environment and less about making an impact.

He is on about the social media thing though. I can't use Facebook anymore for that reason. I start comparing and using energy wondering why someone didn't reply to my post or status even though I reply to theirs. It's very unhealthy for me. Even decreasing the friends list doesn't make that go away. On the others I use, which are Twitter and Instagram, this doesn't happen at all.
To be fair, I do feel some kind of way when I reply to someone on Twitter and they don't acknowledge it but they acknowledge other people who replied after me but fortunately I don't follow many people like that. On Instagram, I'm more of a viewer than a poster. It is nice when people like when I occasionally post but I don't expect it in the way I expect replies on Twitter.

Sorry for the really long post. I didn't expect it to be so long.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss