WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Nope. You can troll Swappa on your own.
I will ping you if I get the Mix 2 though.
Hopefully the V30 will show up in tow so that it's fun to do a side by side comparison.
I meant that I'd only be interested in the Essential phone next year when it gets to the current price levels the V20 is at...not to offer assistance in sourcing one...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

G4 series was probably their #1 seller.
Screwing those folks over wasn't a very bright idea.
I don't think I am going to touch a Moto again after this epic debacle!
The G series ever since its inception was the best thing Moto did...even better than the X in terms of redefining value for money from a well known OEM. So of course you know they HAD to screw it up at some point...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

And sadly the deals have dried up. Samsung cleaned up the clock with blockbuster deals on S8/S8+ from launch till August and probably recovered their losses from the Note 7 fiasco and set themselves up for fat profit margins with the Note 8 launch and nixing any further deals for the Galaxy series.

The G6 is solid but the V30 is better in pretty much every way so that is a tough slog for that device.

I'm thinking iPhone 8 is gonna lose a lot of sales to iPhone X. Even Apple thinks so as the 6s series will still be available this year. On top of it Apple raised prices of all sorts of things including screen repair, Apple Care, iPads etc.

Essential phone is gonna have a hard time gaining traction.

HTC lost the battle with the bezels.

And Moto who?
Moto who? Sony why?

I think you're spot on. The G6 will make a nice value for money phone over the holidays and into early next year like the G5 is still a great bang for buck phone right now (and the V20 by extension). Lots of OEMs will get butthurt this year. It's why Alcatel and honor went in different directions in 2017 in the US as opposed to swinging for the fences as they did in 2016.

Speaking of Huawei...what a beast the Mate 9 still is...and it isn't that much bigger than the Mi Note 2. I saw it and the Honor 8 today and just shook my head. I kinda wish I tried a Mate 9 to test out...I might have liked it enough to somewhat stomach EMUI.

Lots of good deals to be had if you shop around smartly...

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Darn, there goes another!!
The missus finally traded in her 1520 and switched to a Vivo ... Aaaaaaarrgh. But whatever makes her happy 😊

... !

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So iOS 11 drops today and I'm not sure if I'm going to update it or not on my SE. Definitely not today (I can always wait for people to share their experience; made that mistake with iOS 10 and that was a hot mess).

There was an article on iMore asking if you should update, and I commented saying that I might not. Someone tells me (via a reply of course) that I shouldn't be that person, but what does that even mean? I don't think it's a bad thing to not want to have issues that weren't present before and mainly ones that can come with being the first to update.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So iOS 11 drops today and I'm not sure if I'm going to update it or not on my SE. Definitely not today (I can always wait for people to share their experience; made that mistake with iOS 10 and that was a hot mess).

There was an article on iMore asking if you should update, and I commented saying that I might not. Someone tells me (via a reply of course) that I shouldn't be that person, but what does that even mean? I don't think it's a bad thing to not want to have issues that weren't present before and mainly ones that can come with being the first to update.
There's that isheep mentality​ again where in the group if you don't conform, you get shunned. SMH...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Hey girl, if that person wants to go over the cliff with the rest of the sheep, hasta la vista baby!

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Moto who? Sony why?

I think you're spot on. The G6 will make a nice value for money phone over the holidays and into early next year like the G5 is still a great bang for buck phone right now (and the V20 by extension). Lots of OEMs will get butthurt this year. It's why Alcatel and honor went in different directions in 2017 in the US as opposed to swinging for the fences as they did in 2016.

Speaking of Huawei...what a beast the Mate 9 still is...and it isn't that much bigger than the Mi Note 2. I saw it and the Honor 8 today and just shook my head. I kinda wish I tried a Mate 9 to test out...I might have liked it enough to somewhat stomach EMUI.

Lots of good deals to be had if you shop around smartly...

Mate 9 was/is a great device.
EMUI 5.0 with Pixel launcher would have kept you happy.
I have the exact same hardware and launcher setup on MediaPad M3 and cannot be happier.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

6S hardware in the SE, I would not jump up and down to install iOS 11.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

6S hardware in the SE, I would not jump up and down to install iOS 11.

Exactly. That's how I feel too here. I'm going to download iOS 10 after all since I am having silly app glitches, mainly with ones that I actually use.

I didn't want to do it but these app glitches are such a nuisance.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Mate 9 was/is a great device.
EMUI 5.0 with Pixel launcher would have kept you happy.
I have the exact same hardware and launcher setup on MediaPad M3 and cannot be happier.
There's lots of hardware I see I like and can comfortably use.

The problem is software support.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My favorite line from the iPhone 8 review over at The Verge by Nilay Patel.

"We ran around shooting with an iPhone 8, a Pixel XL, and S8, and iPhone 7 on auto, and the iPhone 8 produced the most consistent and richest images of the group, although the Pixel was the clear winner several times, especially in extreme low light."

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I finally decided to update my SE to the latest iOS 10 version before I couldn't anymore. A couple of months ago, I bought 2 SEs to test if VoLTE works on them and they didn't work.

I feel so dumb now because it works now. It just took updating for that to happen. And now I feel like I don't even have a chance to try it out because my Pixel is incoming.

It might sound ridiculous but I'm kind of second guessing the Pixel. I have missed this feature (and also the speeds, but that is a given) since leaving T-mobile and the fact that I have it now but I plan to leave it sucks, especially since it's not going to be on the Pixel (I doubt it, since this is cricket).

Definitely having mixed feelings now.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I finally decided to update my SE to the latest iOS 10 version before I couldn't anymore. A couple of months ago, I bought 2 SEs to test if VoLTE works on them and they didn't work.

I feel so dumb now because it works now. It just took updating for that to happen. And now I feel like I don't even have a chance to try it out because my Pixel is incoming.

It might sound ridiculous but I'm kind of second guessing the Pixel. I have missed this feature (and also the speeds, but that is a given) since leaving T-mobile and the fact that I have it now but I plan to leave it sucks, especially since it's not going to be on the Pixel (I doubt it, since this is cricket).

Definitely having mixed feelings now.
Rehab...rehab...

Sounds like a tough spot to be in..

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

C'mon cut the kid some slack. Tell me you didn't goof up when you were in your 20s. If you're married and say no you're a bold faced liar.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
Kind Sir, our dear friend 99 can speak in great depth of how my own flipping of phones was very similar to the young lady here at my peak days in yesterday year. I almost used to keep pace with him at one point. Lol. Key word - almost.

She's "chasing the dragon", man. We all are in our own way with different things. I hope she finds it...when I say rehab, I mean as long as she truly stays in tune with what she is looking for, then it doesn't matter as much how many phones she goes through.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My favorite line from the iPhone 8 review over at The Verge by Nilay Patel.

"We ran around shooting with an iPhone 8, a Pixel XL, and S8, and iPhone 7 on auto, and the iPhone 8 produced the most consistent and richest images of the group, although the Pixel was the clear winner several times, especially in extreme low light."
iPhone cameras have become so...median. I remember when If you didn't have a Lumia (for the real pros) or an iPhone (for the point and shoot crowd), you were assed out in photography. Now, there as so, so many cameras on point and shoot status that is better (or an minimum) equal in great lighting to the iPhone it's just not funny.

My sister has a 6S too and she was doing all sorts of contortions to get a nice group shot at her birthday brunch two weeks ago. The picture came out ok...but I was just sitting in the corner saying "a Pixel/S8/G6/Mate 9 and the old 950XL would have still taken a better shot in this lighting."

iPhone cameras are still good, just not class leading to me...and haven't been so in a few years either...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Based on the Pixel 2 pricing leaks, looks like I am either staying put with my current Pixel (which according to Nilay still takes kick *** pictures compared to the new iPhone 8) or caving in and getting the LG V30 which will surely get a bigger price cut than a Pixel 2 XL will.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)