WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Kind Sir, our dear friend 99 can speak in great depth of how my own flipping of phones was very similar to the young lady here at my peak days in yesterday year. I almost used to keep pace with him at one point. Lol. Key word - almost.

She's "chasing the dragon", man. We all are in our own way with different things. I hope she finds it...when I say rehab, I mean as long as she truly stays in tune with what she is looking for, then it doesn't matter as much how many phones she goes through.
I know you meant no harm, it's just the daddy in me. I'm still chasing the perfect wave myself as a true Windows fan tends to do. I was so close to pulling the trigger on a V20 today. In no small part based on your and Laura's comments but.......It just didn't feel right in my hands. Nothing I can put in words, just a feeling.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Rehab...rehab...

Sounds like a tough spot to be in..

No comment for the first part of your comment.

As for the second part, it is a bummer since changing over made me lose this but it should be fine. The Pixel is in great condition and the seller even took the time to fully charge it for me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I know you meant no harm, it's just the daddy in me. I'm still chasing the perfect wave myself as a true Windows fan tends to do. I was so close to pulling the trigger on a V20 today. In no small part based on your and Laura's comments but.......It just didn't feel right in my hands. Nothing I can put in words, just a feeling.

I get you. Parents will always be a parent.

As for the V20, I totally get you. It's got this in hand feel that has to grow on you a little bit. It doesn't feel bad initially, but it's pretty stark and can be off putting for some. It's a charming utilitarian device for sure. The closest thing to it is a Pixel XL. Initially, I put a silicone case on it and for me it made the in hand feel worse.

Now, I rock mine no case. A good sweet spot for me.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Aw that's so hard. The struggle is really real. I feel like I'm at the end of the line of my choices. You switch more than I do.

For a second, I thought about entertaining the A3 until app performance showed itself.
Missing that mute mode/switch though...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Based on the Pixel 2 pricing leaks, looks like I am either staying put with my current Pixel (which according to Nilay still takes kick *** pictures compared to the new iPhone 8) or caving in and getting the LG V30 which will surely get a bigger price cut than a Pixel 2 XL will.

After you shared that quote, I had to see the pictures for myself. The Pixel was such a champ. Seems like a win win situation for you here.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Based on the Pixel 2 pricing leaks, looks like I am either staying put with my current Pixel (which according to Nilay still takes kick *** pictures compared to the new iPhone 8) or caving in and getting the LG V30 which will surely get a bigger price cut than a Pixel 2 XL will.
Looks like this is how your wallet feels about the fall 2017 offerings from Google and Apple in the value department...

https://youtu.be/nrIPxlFzDi0

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

iOS 11 gold master whatever is still full of bugs. Looks like those who worked on it don't know how to fix bugs. Been with the beta program since beta 1 and many bugs still persist!

Sent from mTalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I won't lie...that trip into Best Buy had me yearning to test out both the Essential phone and the Mate 9. Mate 9 has gotten relatively cheap...so, who knows. If I didn't have a Mi Note 2, I'd certainly try the Mate 9. Hardware wise it makes a very compelling option. I suppose a part of me could go a Pixel + Mate 9 combo for a small phone, big phone set up.

Oh well, fantasy is nice sometimes...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm just not sold on Huawei as a brand. They made some really garbage cars up until just a few years ago. Their HVAC systems are the equivalent of dog excrement and their heavy equipment rusts right as you look at it. Caterpillar has nothing to worry about.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

As for the V20, I totally get you. It's got this in hand feel that has to grow on you a little bit. It doesn't feel bad initially, but it's pretty stark and can be off putting for some. It's a charming utilitarian device for sure. The closest thing to it is a Pixel XL. Initially, I put a silicone case on it and for me it made the in hand feel worse.

I bought a clear Speck case, but I've opted to go caseless, since I have no issues gripping it without a case, and I'm using a tempered glass screen protector. It's much more easy to grip and hold without case than my old MXPE was. I don't have huge hands. I wear size 8 gloves.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Having sampled both devices, the in hand ergonomics of the V20 are slightly superior to the Pixel XL.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm just hoping that the Mix 2, V30 and the Mate 10 show up simultaneously from my source.
Fingers crossed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Having sampled both devices, the in hand ergonomics of the V20 are slightly superior to the Pixel XL.
I figured they were in the same league but the V20 a little better.

Pixel was the one phone that was meh as a 5.5" and very good as a 5" with the exact same design. Not even the iPhone 7 and 7+ felt so stark.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Fired up my old Android tablet after almost a year. Man it's gonna be a while before all the apps are updated. Need to do some testing for a friend of mine who is helping out a non profit organization.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Fired up my old Android tablet after almost a year. Man it's gonna be a while before all the apps are updated. Need to do some testing for a friend of mine who is helping out a non profit organization.
Did the same for my old Sony Xperia D5303 and it ran out of space updating some 26 apps and system files...

Sent from mTalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I wonder how long it will take for OEMs to issue patches to fix the BlueBorne issue?

Very curious to see indeed...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I haven't tried the Pixel since switching carriers and whoa, it gets some impressive speeds that I haven't experienced since I have been on this network.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I haven't tried the Pixel since switching carriers and whoa, it gets some impressive speeds that I haven't experienced since I have been on this network.
I ran the battery down to 13% yesterday at 12:30AM, it had been off for almost 19 hours and had 4+ hours of SOT.

I love Oreo on the Pixel.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Did the same for my old Sony Xperia D5303 and it ran out of space updating some 26 apps and system files...

Sent from mTalk
About an hour and a half later everything was okay. I deleted half the apps on it since my kid has moved on to a newer iPad. It did the job well enough though and based on those results we identified a decent clone for bulk purchase for that non profit organization.

It was a long night though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12