WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Just had to go check out the Essential Phone again. Man, I love that design. It's like hanging out with that vain pretty model female friend... you're very aware of her faults, but you always seem to forget that during the first few minutes you see her.

It's a very compact phone, at least for me. That's why the camera performance is THAT much more frustrating...
Yeah I can get that. It's a stunning phone.
That size is excellent too and unlike the LG Q6, it isn't on the lower end in a small package.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I can get that. It's a stunning phone.
That size is excellent too and unlike the LG Q6, it isn't on the lower end in a small package.
Yeah. It's a really, really nice design. I'd use one but man that camera. I don't think it's bad but it ain't good at that price point. Maybe I'll troll for one next year, assuming things don't go south with Essential.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Yep. I don't know why I feel this way. Really like the Pixel but I wonder if this just might be an OS thing for me at the moment.

There isn't anything better than the Pixel for me on the Android side, which is why I am even confused that I have mixed feelings.
Just dive in.
Use it exclusively for a month and then decide.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Just dive in.
Use it exclusively for a month and then decide.
That's a good idea, I'll try it.

Reading the comments on the AC post about how Oreo is treating their Pixel and Nexus phones has been interesting (enlightening is probably a better word) in a good and bad way. Some people mentioned not being able to receive texts, which sucks but I'm good (got a text today). Others mentioned random rebooting, which has happened one time but I'm not sure if it was me or if it did that itself.

Whoa, I just realized that a month from now is my birthday. That makes things interesting.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yeah. It's a really, really nice design. I'd use one but man that camera. I don't think it's bad but it ain't good at that price point. Maybe I'll troll for one next year, assuming things don't go south with Essential.

I agree. It's too much to be that way. Can't be a Robin, which had an average camera, from what I can remember. I loved the software of that phone though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I agree. It's too much to be that way. Can't be a Robin, which had an average camera, from what I can remember. I loved the software of that phone though.
The Robin's camera at launch was as bad as this one but got much better. It still was about average though.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

That's a good idea, I'll try it.

Reading the comments on the AC post about how Oreo is treating their Pixel and Nexus phones has been interesting (enlightening is probably a better word) in a good and bad way. Some people mentioned not being able to receive texts, which sucks but I'm good (got a text today). Others mentioned random rebooting, which has happened one time but I'm not sure if it was me or if it did that itself.

Whoa, I just realized that a month from now is my birthday. That makes things interesting.
I have had no issues outside that Tapatalk notification one.
Phone just works.
Better than the iPhone

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If Google does buy out HTC, what a ride...from well liked ODM to an Android leader to a second tier but still respected OEM and back to ODM status. HTC did blaze a trail for some of the Asian tigers for sure. Man, lots happen in 20 years.

Would be sad to see them go, that's for sure.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Oh? Why do you say that?
That's a trick question right? With the exception of LinkedIn, Windows Mobile has the best contact integration in the mobile sphere. The easiest edit/setup there is. It usually takes about 20 minutes to set up a new phone on Windows, I've been at this for over an hour. And BlackBerry's Hub is the easiest for merging, custom ringtone application and contact photos.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's a trick question right? With the exception of LinkedIn, Windows Mobile has the best contact integration in the mobile sphere. The easiest edit/setup there is. It usually takes about 20 minutes to set up a new phone on Windows, I've been at this for over an hour. And BlackBerry's Hub is the easiest for merging, custom ringtone application and contact photos.

I do agree that the one big thing I dislike with Android is there's still no good data restore feature for non rooting folks. It makes setting up a new phone such a chore...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I figured. But man, to be that "titanium color" gives the phone this "face only a mother could love" look to it...
Could be worse. I couldn't wait to put my Pixel XL in a case with that funky multi-colored back. At least the case Libra just picked up has some pizazz to it so it's not like I dislike the theme. Blah and a lighter shade of blah doesn't do it for me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Could be worse. I couldn't wait to put my Pixel XL in a case with that funky multi-colored back. At least the case Libra just picked up has some pizazz to it so it's not like I dislike the theme. Blah and a lighter shade of blah doesn't do it for me.
That's funny. Looks like Google is sticking with the same then this year with the Pixel 2.

I liked the black Pixel last year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6