WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That's a trick question right? With the exception of LinkedIn, Windows Mobile has the best contact integration in the mobile sphere. The easiest edit/setup there is. It usually takes about 20 minutes to set up a new phone on Windows, I've been at this for over an hour. And BlackBerry's Hub is the easiest for merging, custom ringtone application and contact photos.

In this case, I was serious. No jokes.

Wow, I agree about setup on Android. Yesterday I was questioning if I really wanted to do this again. In the end, I basically turned on the A3 and copied everything in settings to the Pixel. Going through every app to toggle notifications is such a pain.

My favorite is iOS because I literally copy everything from a backup and it just works without any issues.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Agreed, but even with the white front, it looked better than the black version.
That's just my opinion.
Agreed. I don't mind the kinda utilitarian look. This is the thing with Android...so much choice and yet so hard to find what you want.

Feels like a millennial on a dating app sometimes...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Could be worse. I couldn't wait to put my Pixel XL in a case with that funky multi-colored back. At least the case Libra just picked up has some pizazz to it so it's not like I dislike the theme. Blah and a lighter shade of blah doesn't do it for me.
Yeah I agree. There was no way I could use a Pixel without a nice case. Thank goodness for skins and cases. I love it with a skin. Without though, nah unless the case looks good.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In this case, I was serious. No jokes.

Wow, I agree about setup on Android. Yesterday I was questioning if I really wanted to do this again. In the end, I basically turned on the A3 and copied everything in settings to the Pixel. Going through every app to toggle notifications is such a pain.

My favorite is iOS because I literally copy everything from a backup and it just works without any issues.
WP was just as smooth restoring from a backup, by the way...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

WP was just as smooth restoring from a backup, by the way...
Yeah it was. I forgot since Windows 10 Mobile takes so long (for me that is).

Edit: The advantage that iOS also has is that it copies and sets up all of it. From my memory with 8.1, it sets up the home screen and your system settings but you're on your own for apps. On iOS, it also restores your apps to be just the same too when it comes to every setting everywhere. All you have to do at most is just log in again for an occasional app.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My reviewers (two of my dad's friends) are awesome. They bought in things that I did not and changed around some of my language. It's looking like I will be submitting this tomorrow and not today but that's fine. My coworker told me of an application issue of it showing that it isn't complete (even though it actually is) that I would have never known about. So for that reason, it's on tomorrow for sure so that I can email the coordinator and she can find and fix mine if necessary on Friday...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So now that they've resumed the beta program and I'm on MIUI 9, looks like it's back to the weekly builds with performance tweaks. Not bad at all...one of the reasons why it's harder to let go of the Mi Note 2 (and why I wished the Mi 5 had the US bands).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I wanted the blue so bad but the price difference between blue and silver versus the black was not worth it. Especially since 32 GB is roomy for me already.
I did that with the Mi 5 and it was right. I could only keep a smaller smattering of songs on the phone. The amp in that phone may be slightly more powerful than the Pixel but the sound quality was really good.

I still miss the Mi 5. A really fine device, even though lots of people disliked the design.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So now that they've resumed the beta program and I'm on MIUI 9, looks like it's back to the weekly builds with performance tweaks. Not bad at all...one of the reasons why it's harder to let go of the Mi Note 2 (and why I wished the Mi 5 had the US bands).
Nice! Did you decide to try it as a daily? If so, how has it been so far? I remember you mentioning that it was sluggish at first.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Yeah it was. I forgot since Windows 10 Mobile takes so long (for me that is).

Edit: The advantage that iOS also has is that it copies and sets up all of it. From my memory with 8.1, it sets up the home screen and your system settings but you're on your own for apps. On iOS, it also restores your apps to be just the same too when it comes to every setting everywhere. All you have to do at most is just log in again for an occasional app.

If you have your apps set up for backup they pick up right where you left off on your new phone - passwords and all. Windows 10 has made some great strides in this area.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

If you have your apps set up for backup they pick up right where you left off on your new phone - passwords and all. Windows 10 has made some great strides in this area.
That's cool! No issues right? I remember issues restoring from a backup before so I just stopped altogether (more so for Android and Windows 10 Mobile that is).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Nice! Did you decide to try it as a daily? If so, how has it been so far? I remember you mentioning that it was sluggish at first.
I used it this week as a daily. It was OK. It runs a bit more like how it did pre update, but if I want the screaming speed I need to factory reset and drop some apps...which I'm not in the mood to do yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss