WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

G5's are stupid cheap these days.

True, but I'll need to look into how call volume is because that is really important to her.

Luckily, Batteries Plus apparently has the right battery and it's local so I can get one today and try this out first. I really hope it works though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So far, I just say that the standby time on the XL with the new update is solid. Again, base user experience is good and the third party app situation feels like a train wreck.

I'd use this periodically, but not as often as I was hoping I would. Sad, really.

Hmm interesting! Maybe they changed something. That's a bummer that it isn't enough though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

True, but I'll need to look into how call volume is because that is really important to her.

Luckily, Batteries Plus apparently has the right battery and it's local so I can get one today and try this out first. I really hope it works though.

G5 is as loud as the G4 speaker wise, I have heard.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

G5 is as loud as the G4 speaker wise, I have heard.

That would be interesting if that turns out to be the case. I had an interesting conversation with the guy at Batteries Plus. He says that in his time working there, the phone brand that people have bought in the most has been LG.

The battery didn't work (he tried 2), and it's a hardware failure so the search is on right now. Idealistically something that I can get by tomorrow... (today would be awesome though). She needs a phone.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That would be interesting if that turns out to be the case. I had an interesting conversation with the guy at Batteries Plus. He says that in his time working there, the phone brand that people have bought in the most has been LG.

The battery didn't work (he tried 2), and it's a hardware failure so the search is on right now. Idealistically something that I can get by tomorrow... (today would be awesome though). She needs a phone.

Sorry to hear that. I figured it was a charging port issue, not a battery issue, once you started to describe it.

Depends on what she likes, and what brand she's comfortable with and how much you want to spend.

Hope it works out for you.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Battery life has been impressive in standby with this new windows update. I may use the XL a bit more just to test it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Sorry to hear that. I figured it was a charging port issue, not a battery issue, once you started to describe it.

Depends on what she likes, and what brand she's comfortable with and how much you want to spend.

Hope it works out for you.

Yeah, you might be right. The guy tried it with their charger too and no luck. She doesn't have much experience outside of Alcatel (which she didn't like the speaker volume) and LG.

I decided on a Moto G5 Plus. It will be different but since I tried the phone myself and it was solid, I feel like I can stand behind this. I'll see how she likes it and we'll go from there. I wanted a T-Mobile phone for her for support just in case but everything fell short. She's not going to be a fan of the LG G6 display, and the G5 seems okay but has less battery life. For someone like her, if she likes it, I can see the phone lasting.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, you might be right. The guy tried it with their charger too and no luck. She doesn't have much experience outside of Alcatel (which she didn't like the speaker volume) and LG.

I decided on a Moto G5 Plus. It will be different but since I tried the phone myself and it was solid, I feel like I can stand behind this. I'll see how she likes it and we'll go from there. I wanted a T-Mobile phone for her for support just in case but everything fell short. She's not going to be a fan of the LG G6 display, and the G5 seems okay but has less battery life. For someone like her, if she likes it, I can see the phone lasting.
The G5 has abysmal battery life especially after the update to Nougat. The speakers are ok and the camera is one of the better ones out there.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The G5 has abysmal battery life especially after the update to Nougat. The speakers are ok and the camera is one of the better ones out there.
That's good to know. I feel like I made the right decision now. Having to make one under time constraints sucks.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's a good call. Especially since the loudspeaker is in the earpiece, so it'll point in her face if she uses the loudspeaker a lot.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

We had confidence in your ability to choose under pressure...

Ha, thanks for the confidence. I hope she likes it. I realized after the fact that she needs her sim to be changed out because she has a micro sim. Unlike me, she has essentially had the same sim for years. lol

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ha, thanks for the confidence. I hope she likes it. I realized after the fact that she needs her sim to be changed out because she has a micro sim. Unlike me, she has essentially had the same sim for years. lol
That's always the bugbaboo when changing phone formats like that. Let's hope she likes it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

God, the Essential phone frustrates me. I love, love the design...the compact in-hand feel is superb. And yet the camera and value for money makes me want to hurl...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99