WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

God, the Essential phone frustrates me. I love, love the design...the compact in-hand feel is superb. And yet the camera and value for money makes me want to hurl...

Right? So unfortunate. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it is one of the few phones that are both compact and mostly screen.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Right? So unfortunate. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it is one of the few phones that are both compact and mostly screen.
That's EXACTLY what it is on both points...compact and mostly screen. I do want to try one though...just not at that current price point.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ah my mom told me that her friend who has a Samsung phone found a Samsung stand to repair her phone for free so there should be a LG stand (which I know doesn't exist). She quickly said that I should find one so I could return the G5 plus that I just bought her. I see a possible repair shop but that's probably not going to be free.

It makes me sad to tell her that it doesn't exist...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Ah my mom told me that her friend who has a Samsung phone found a Samsung stand to repair her phone for free so there should be a LG stand (which I know doesn't exist). She quickly said that I should find one so I could return the G5 plus that I just bought her. I see a possible repair shop but that's probably not going to be free.

It makes me sad to tell her that it doesn't exist...
Now you feel her pain when she had to tell you Santa Claus didn't exist either. 🤣

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Now you feel her pain when she had to tell you Santa Claus didn't exist either. ??????

LOL! I can't remember how I felt about that, but I believe it was my sister that told me that isn't real.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Now you feel her pain when she had to tell you Santa Claus didn't exist either. 🤣

I knew Santa didn't exist because if he came into 'da hood to deliver presents:

1) He may get shot for breaking and entering - cannot come through no chimeys so the windows are his best bet

2) He may find the sleigh on a pair of concrete blocks with the runners, seat, paint, bag of toys and reindeer missing

But hey, I digress...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Sadly, my salty levels are much higher today than yesterday. I will try to contain it, but will not guarantee that it won't be rough for the recipient if it dies come out...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

What features are important to me in a phone at this point?

That's a question I'm really thinking about recently. I can justify any phone purchase and make the features fit, but are they the features that truly work for me? That's the issue...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

What features are important to me in a phone at this point?

That's a question I'm really thinking about recently. I can justify any phone purchase and make the features fit, but are they the features that truly work for me? That's the issue...

That's a great question. With the phones you like having different additional features, it can be challenging to figure this out.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Morning folks. Sadly, my salty levels are much higher today than yesterday. I will try to contain it, but will not guarantee that it won't be rough for the recipient if it dies come out...

At least you gave a heads up, which helps.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's a great question. With the phones you like having different additional features, it can be challenging to figure this out.
I know what's on my list and what I like. I'm really just deciding if those shortcomings can really be offset by the features I like.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I know what's on my list and what I like. I'm really just deciding if those shortcomings can really be offset by the features I like.

Gotcha. That is challenging for sure. I can relate with my 3 phones that I would use as a phone. Sad to say, I'll probably never use the Lumia 650 as one because battery life on it is terrible.

That's something I can't compromise with...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Finally got my "thank you for submitting your application" email this morning. That is weird that it is delayed but I think it's probably this way because it is manually done? I'm surprised by this actually.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Speaking of battery life, it's been hard to tell with the Pixel. I haven't been pleased with it so far but at the same time, I have done and used things that drain battery since I have had it. I'm hoping that today would be better. I haven't had a regular day of usage.

The dark system wide theme and in apps without rooting is awesome but the battery drain is nuts. I decided to give that up yesterday but then I messed up by being sucked into Alphabear for 40 minutes, haha. I just need a normal day usage to get a good judgement on how this goes for me.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Opens the phone.
Reads MSFFisMIA post.
Closes the app.
Twitter will be better for today.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Gotcha. That is challenging for sure. I can relate with my 3 phones that I would use as a phone. Sad to say, I'll probably never use the Lumia 650 as one because battery life on it is terrible.

That's something I can't compromise with...

We all have things we won't compromise on. We'll see how that shakes out on my end.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077