WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Okay so this has been bugging me since the Pixel 2 launched so I had to go do this comparison especially after reading this article.

Article here:
https://9to5google.com/2017/10/06/o...eel-like-a-weird-step-back-to-the-nexus-days/

Comparison here:
https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Google-Pixel-2,Google-Nexus-5X/phones/10584,9593
Wow I never thought about that before the article. That's really weird. I did notice the small mention of the Pixel 2 but I didn't think it was that deep.

Weirdly enough, it makes me feel better about cancelling my order.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

48a8b50e5a53fee5117c464a4abf096d.jpg
9174a35d1498bafb917fed44e0a81206.jpg

NJPAC inside... regular and wide...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The concert was really good. It was nice to see one of the original members of each group still alive.

I like the V20's camera - except for the zoom and low light work. I'm curious to see how the V30 improves on this. It is a fun camera to use.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

The concert was really good. It was nice to see one of the original members of each group still alive.

I like the V20's camera - except for the zoom and low light work. I'm curious to see how the V30 improves on this. It is a fun camera to use.
I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. It looks like the theatre would have excellent acoustics from the pictures you took. How was the sound?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. It looks like the theatre would have excellent acoustics from the pictures you took. How was the sound?
The acoustics were absolutely insane. I just pointed the V20 to the stage and didn't do much work from an audio standpoint...at the right volume, the sound is very rich and very clear. My issue with the camera is the zoom isn't good, especially in low light. So I feel I get half the experience as the footage looks a bit too grainy for my taste. Some of it is just trying to find the right settings. The Note 5 (GF's) did better with zoom on video but the audio is trash comparatively. It's why I want to see what the V30 has to offer.

Still, it was a great time for sure.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The V20 took a nasty spill, picking up some scuffs near the audio jack and on the top hand side while trying to take this picture. Corners of the screen ate it though...

..so that means I need to replace my second tempered glass screen protector in two weeks. Not complaining, but it's a bit annoying.

d629114297803f8f3bd4e4a08e5e9a64.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've enjoyed the time with the V20. Still, I'd like to replace it with something either more compact or with the hardware combo that's a better fit for what I want to do from a video and photos perspective.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

The V20 took a nasty spill, picking up some scuffs near the audio jack and on the top hand side while trying to take this picture. Corners of the screen ate it though...

..so that means I need to replace my second tempered glass screen protector in two weeks. Not complaining, but it's a bit annoying.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171007/d629114297803f8f3bd4e4a08e5e9a64.jpg
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you'll be able to get a new screen protector soon.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I've enjoyed the time with the V20. Still, I'd like to replace it with something either more compact or with the hardware combo that's a better fit for what I want to do from a video and photos perspective.
I'm happy with my V20, but I'm more impressed with the quad DAC. The V20 also has a much better camera than my old MXPE had and is easier for me to hold than the MXPE. The MXPE was rather chunky and the back wasn't grippy like on the OG Moto X, so I needed to use a case. I'm using the V20 without a case but with a tempered glass screen protector. I had a case but no screen protector for the MXPE.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm happy with my V20, but I'm more impressed with the quad DAC. The V20 also has a much better camera than my old MXPE had and is easier for me to hold than the MXPE. The MXPE was rather chunky and the back wasn't grippy like on the OG Moto X, so I needed to use a case. I'm using the V20 without a case but with a tempered glass screen protector. I had a case but no screen protector for the MXPE.
The quad DAC is utterly astounding. Best feature by far. My second favorite are the video controls.

Having gotten used to the camera, I just want the better low light performance and less barrel distortion from the wide angle lens. Plus, I do think 8.0 may help the battery life to be a bit better.

It's on the road to what I want, just not quite there yet.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact is coming tomorrow and I have mixed feelings of excitement and nerves, just because of the camera experience. It looks like they finally fixed the processing on the software side but will it be enough? I have seen a few video and written reviews and it appears to be better.

I do want it but the seller I bought it from has a 15% restocking fee for returning it opened/used, which sucks. I'm hoping that it would be worth the chance, like my Galaxy A3 was. We will find out if the camera works out or not in the next 24 hours...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

My Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact is coming tomorrow and I have mixed feelings of excitement and nerves, just because of the camera experience. It looks like they finally fixed the processing on the software side but will it be enough? I have seen a few video and written reviews and it appears to be better.

I do want it but the seller I bought it from has a 15% restocking fee for returning it opened/used, which sucks. I'm hoping that it would be worth the chance, like my Galaxy A3 was. We will find out if the camera works out or not in the next 24 hours...
Phone Scoop just reviewed it yesterday. The imaging and display scored well but not so much the rest.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

My relationship with iOS 11 has ended. I'm back to 10 on my 6. And i want a new Android phone with MirrorLink and ANT+

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99