WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Nice job with the camera update, Andy. If this was the floor for the Essential Phone and they pushed improvements, then I'd be more impressed.

As it stands, it's still $100 too expensive for my taste. I wouldn't walk past a V30 to buy this.

Now this vs Libra's XZ1C...that's interesting...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I do need something a bit more compact. The V20 took three spills from my pocket onto the office floor. Fortunately, there were no additional scuffs or a cracks to the tempered glass.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I do need something a bit more compact. The V20 took three spills from my pocket onto the office floor. Fortunately, there were no additional scuffs or a cracks to the tempered glass.
Ahh, reading that had me scared for you for a minute there. Glad that all it is good.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I think you will like the V30, it is compact compared to the V20.
Also the Mi Mix 2 is really nice and comfortable to hold compared to the original Mix and the V20.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Nice job with the camera update, Andy. If this was the floor for the Essential Phone and they pushed improvements, then I'd be more impressed.

As it stands, it's still $100 too expensive for my taste. I wouldn't walk past a V30 to buy this.

Now this vs Libra's XZ1C...that's interesting...
Now I am curious about how this update looks. Going to poke around to see if I can find any pictures taken from it.

I agree, that would be really interesting to compare the two, especially since they are really two of a kind. I also agree about the price of the Essential.

I get how you feel about the Essential Phone, so nice looking.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Now I am curious about how this update looks. Going to poke around to see if I can find any pictures taken from it.

I agree, that would be really interesting to compare the two, especially since they are really two of a kind. I also agree about the price of the Essential.

I get how you feel about the Essential Phone, so nice looking.
Camera app loads much faster and shot to shot time between pictures is WAY better. Images seem a bit sharper too.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Camera app loads much faster and shot to shot time between pictures is WAY better. Images seem a bit sharper too.

Wow, sounds like a much needed and an awesome update. It could be fun to try it but of course not at the current price lol.

Interestingly enough, I see that on the used side, still high but not as high. Even one on Amazon warehouse deals now.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow, sounds like a much needed and an awesome update. It could be fun to try it but of course not at the current price lol.

Interestingly enough, I see that on the used side, still high but not as high. Even one on Amazon warehouse deals now.
I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer...but it's a heavy phone. Not sure if you'll go for that. The Pixel is still better camera wise, but I had fun shooting in monochrome with the Honor 8, so we'll see if I get one.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I got my Google trade-in kit today and I'm glad that I cancelled my order. The trade-in kit shipped the day before I decided to cancel.

I'm having a hard time putting down my XZ1C so far. Hard enough for me to get regular day usage when it comes to battery life (but a lot of screen on time though for the time frame). I might try a trade in again (for a Pixel 2) sometime but I'm good.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer...but it's a heavy phone. Not sure if you'll go for that. The Pixel is still better camera wise, but I had fun shooting in monochrome with the Honor 8, so we'll see if I get one.

That's a fair point, I probably wouldn't be. I don't mind some weight but I might get tired of holding it.

I could see you trying out this phone sometime down the line.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone here have a Chromebook? I was farting around with mine (Acer R13) earlier this evening and I noticed there was a "critical update" waiting for me. Now, I hadn't picked it up in some time so who knows how long it was there. Lo and behold I have the Play Store available!!

How long has this been available and why wasn't there a big fuss about it?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone here have a Chromebook? I was farting around with mine (Acer R13) earlier this evening and I noticed there was a "critical update" waiting for me. Now, I hadn't picked it up in some time so who knows how long it was there. Lo and behold I have the Play Store available!!

How long has this been available and why wasn't there a big fuss about it?
There was a big fuss. You just missed it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers