WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Last year's Google IO I think? Or earlier?

I was right... Google IO 2016. :) Though it was rumoured for a lot longer than that.

Also, all 2017 Chromebooks will have Play Store as standard. There's a few posts about updates to existing Chrombooks as well over at Android Central.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I know you all want an update of my situation, so here goes.

Starting with France.

So, we are officially in the cooling off period for our house in France. We have signed the contract and so have the owners, or should I say the 13 children of the owners...

This means that as of October 20th the house is more or less ours, aside from exchange (the transfer of money which will happen in the first week of December, this was done on purpose by us).

In the UK.

We finally have notification on our buyer's mortgage and assurances that they intend to buy. We're signing the contract on Monday and the buyer will sign after that.

Exchange date is December 1st for that.

So why the long exchange dates?

I have to give four weeks notice at work. I wasn't going to do it until I knew things were more or less confirmed.

So on Tuesday 17 October I will officially give my notice to my work place and my last day at work will be Friday 17 November. I'm giving a touch longer than four weeks.

On Thursday November 23rd we leave for France. We already booked our removalist, temporary accommodation and the ferry over. We'll arrive at our temporary accommodation on the 25th. We're spending a night at Tours.

Last two things for us to sort out is our storage situation for our stuff and a French vehicle.

One will be easy, the other a touch difficult. :p

So that's it. That's where my life sits at the moment.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Starting with France.

So, we are officially in the cooling off period for our house in France. We have signed the contract and so have the owners, or should I say the 13 children of the owners...

This means that as of October 20th the house is more or less ours, aside from exchange (the transfer of money which will happen in the first week of December, this was done on purpose by us).

In the UK.

We finally have notification on our buyer's mortgage and assurances that they intend to buy. We're signing the contract on Monday and the buyer will sign after that.

I have to give four weeks notice at work. I wasn't going to do it until I knew things were more or less confirmed.

So on Tuesday 17 October I will officially give my notice to my work place and my last day at work will be Friday 17 November. I'm giving a touch longer than four weeks.

On Thursday November 23rd we leave for France. We already booked our removalist, temporary accommodation and the ferry over. We'll arrive at our temporary accommodation on the 25th. We're spending a night at Tours.

Last two things for us to sort out is our storage situation for our stuff and a French vehicle.

One will be easy, the other a touch difficult. :p

I was wondering why you were so quiet (just out of curiosity).

Whoa, you have had a lot going on. Congrats! I think the plan is solid and I wish you two the best with carrying everything out. How do you feel or at least how do you think you will feel when you give notice?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I just found out about the LTE Discovery app and wow I am so fascinated. I wish that I knew about this before. I learned that at work and at home, most of my time is spent on the lower band but my phone cycles between the higher band in some areas of my home and also at work.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was wondering why you were so quiet (just out of curiosity).

Whoa, you have had a lot going on. Congrats! I think the plan is solid and I wish you two the best with carrying everything out. How do you feel or at least how do you think you will feel when you give notice?
How do I feel after giving my notice...

Relief and happy and a bit weird.

I've been at the place for 5 1/2 years longest I stayed anywhere in the last 14.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

How do I feel after giving my notice...

Relief and happy and a bit weird.

I've been at the place for 5 1/2 years longest I started anywhere in the last 14.

Wow I would have never guessed that this was the case. Sounds like it was time, possibly based on your experience.

I can imagine that it feels a little weird.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So just in case you missed it. I have my notice today.

Wait, you did it early?! Omg, no wonder why you said how you would feel so fast. I think I misread because I thought you were saying how you would feel. Wow. So is your last day of work is still going to be the same date?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Starting with France.

In the UK.

One will be easy, the other a touch difficult.

Good news to hear - very happy for you. Hope it all ties together smoothly at the end of the year.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So Nadella says "my bad" for failures of Windows 10 mobile on his watch. Well,

1) the honesty is refreshing
2) MSFT was busy creating stacks of blame and failure in Windows Mobile since 6.5. So don't get your knickers in a bunch and you was just continuing stuff under the previous administration in that department.

They were busy reinventing the wheel and screwed the consumers. The shift in strategy makes sense, but their execution was horrid, to say the least...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss