WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ugh. 😞 I hope you'll have a relaxing weekend once you're done with work for today.
Thanks.

Gonna take the GF to a lipstick place where she'll get her own custom shade made tomorrow, along with some Indian food afterwards.

What I need is polar ice cap cold adult beverage...or 10.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Thanks.

Gonna take the GF to a lipstick place where she'll get her own custom shade made tomorrow, along with some Indian food afterwards.

What I need is polar ice cap cold adult beverage...or 10.
That sounds fun for her. Hopefully there is a bar nearby where you can hang out until she's done getting her lipstick made.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That sounds fun for her. Hopefully there is a bar nearby where you can hang out until she's done getting her lipstick made.
Nope. I'm sequestered to have a front row seat to this experience (especially since I'm paying for it as her rescheduled birthday gift). I'm sure she'll have a good time and I may learn something new.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ouch, I should have waited a week...
It doesn't pay to be a early adopter sometimes. I'm already seeing that the source I got the XZ1 Compact from, dropped the price by $30.

On the early adopter note, the screen protectors that I'm seeing suck, along with the cases. The best case doesn't come out until the week after next. I can't say that I'll never be one again but I'll try to remember this next time. Wasted money on a case that blocks the power button (which is a waste because I have the model with a working sensor). It took too long to get to me anyway so I'll probably return it.

Great phone, just should have exercised patience. On the flip side though, I probably would have gotten the Pixel 2 and that would have been a mistake for me.

Edit: As for the phone itself, I'll share a mini review here (and an extended one in the forums on AC) on Monday. I'm pleased though, I don't regret giving it a chance.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Nope. I'm sequestered to have a front row seat to this experience (especially since I'm paying for it as her rescheduled birthday gift). I'm sure she'll have a good time and I may learn something new.
Well, she liked the experience of picking out her two new lipstick shades...a nude color for work and a dark cherry red for going out. She's going to go back and get a few other colors.

The Indian restaurant we went to wasn't the one she wanted to go to as the place she suggested had a 45min wait and we were too hungry. The substitute place was OK - but we would have had a more filling meal at a cheaper price if we had gone to the regular Ethiopian restaurant we frequent.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well, she liked the experience of picking out her two new lipstick shades...a nude color for work and a dark cherry red for going out. She's going to go back and get a few other colors.

The Indian restaurant we went to wasn't the one she wanted to go to as the place she suggested had a 45min wait and we were too hungry. The substitute place was OK - but we would have had a more filling meal at a cheaper price if we had gone to the regular Ethiopian restaurant we frequent.

Nice that you made that experience happen for her! That place sounds interesting...

Aw that's a bummer that the wait was so long for the other place and that you got just "ok" food in exchange at another place.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm glad the custom lipstick place was great. That's a great idea that I wouldn't have thought existed. ☺️

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

598b512123ef4d725ee0450eb0b912f4.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So I went to the TMO store yesterday and finally got to test drive the V30. It was silver. I didn't like the color. It was a glorious smudge magnet. Overall build and design is superb. Screen quality was great and ergonomically it's great to hold in the hand. Couldn't test drive the camera as the stupid showroom software didn't leave any memory empty to take a picture.

If I decide to get this device, it would have to be blue or black.

This is what the G6 should have been. LG would have given Samsung Galaxy S8 a run for it's money.
006b760c583d45342e11197eca512857.jpg
10ce313696b13a36429e63df2518f0de.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

After I went and saw the V30, I went to the Verizon store to check out the Pixel 2 devices. Man those bezels on the little guy stand out like sore losers. Build quality is excellent. I like the matte finish on the metal, provides superb grip compared to my current Pixel.

The Pixel 2 XL is a really nice device as well. Much more ergonomic compared to the excellent V30. I'm going to keep my Pixel for now and potentially pick up the XL on Swappa.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte