WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I'm finishing off a four day weekend. I'm heading into work after giving my notice in Thursday. Curious to see the reaction today.

In other news we've been selling off our things so it's starting to get a bit bare in the house.

We are taking stuff with us but we're trying to keep that to a minimum. The things we're trying to get rid of are the large items or things we don't want. Next is the sofa.
Good luck with everything. I hope it goes smoothly for you. ☺️

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So I'm finishing off a four day weekend. I'm heading into work after giving my notice in Thursday. Curious to see the reaction today.
Wow today will be interesting for you for sure...
Good luck!

In other news we've been selling off our things so it's starting to get a bit bare in the house.

We are taking stuff with us but we're trying to keep that to a minimum. The things we're trying to get rid of are the large items or things we don't want. Next is the sofa.
Good luck with selling the rest of the things. Has it hit you yet that this is happening?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Has it hit you yet that this is happening?

Sort of. I've moved so often and to different countries as well so it's not a new experience. The only difference is that I was at this company so long. Nothing else.

It's no big deal really. I'll be happy once the stress of it is all is gone.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Sort of. I've moved so often and to different countries as well so it's not a new experience. The only difference is that I was at this company so long. Nothing else.

It's no big deal really. I'll be happy once the stress of it is all is gone.
I hate the adrenaline crash after a long distance move. There's not enough coffee in the world to stabilize you.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I hate the adrenaline crash after a long distance move. There's not enough coffee in the world to stabilize you.

It's not too long of a distance really and we're taking our time getting there. It's more the logistics of it all.

This one is more of a pain because we're taking stuff with us. The other moves we've gotten rid of things and it was less of a burden.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have to say the reaction has been rather mute today. It's what I thought it would be like.

No one has said much about it at all.

Oh well. Looking forward to getting out of here.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

On a different note, I'm trying to sort out some hardware upgrade ideas I have in mind. I've found what I want but I'm trying to figure out when and what order. With work being work, there are no plans to imminently purchase anything. I'm still in research stages right now.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

On a different note, I'm trying to sort out some hardware upgrade ideas I have in mind. I've found what I want but I'm trying to figure out when and what order. With work being work, there are no plans to imminently purchase anything. I'm still in research stages right now.

I wish you good luck with figuring all of this out and also finding the right fit.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Thinking of possibly doing a light shootout between the XZ1C and the iPhone SE, because I'm curious. At the same time, I think I want to do a battery rundown test first.

Also thinking of following in 99's footsteps and giving up my SE so I wouldn't have any Apple devices (will be doing the shootout first obviously). I'm just debating if I should do an Apple trade-in or another trade-in since it isn't worth much at this point. The Apple trade-in is for "just in case" they refresh the SE. The difference between the trade-in options is $15, with Apple being more.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Picking up a G6 this afternoon. This Mate 9 is one serious piece of kit but I'm having some issues with launchers. It seems to be an issue with various Androids in that touches don't always register and some occasional lag. The lag, while sometimes turns into a freeze, isn't as bothersome as the touch failure. Remove all launchers and it flies faster than any Android I've had but I don't care for stock Emotion UI.

I hate the 2:1 aspect ratio but it seems that is the new standard so I might as well get used to it. Damn you Microsoft!!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Picking up a G6 this afternoon. This Mate 9 is one serious piece of kit but I'm having some issues with launchers. It seems to be an issue with various Androids in that touches don't always register and some occasional lag. The lag, while sometimes turns into a freeze, isn't as bothersome as the touch failure. Remove all launchers and it flies faster than any Android I've had but I don't care for stock Emotion UI.

I hate the 2:1 aspect ratio but it seems that is the new standard so I might as well get used to it. Damn you Microsoft!!

That's a bummer about the Mate 9. I feel like you'll probably miss the battery life but the launcher issue sounds like a nuisance so I can get it. I hope that the G6 will work out for you though.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Put the Pixel Launcher on the Mate 9. I am using it on my MediaPad M3 which has the same hardware as the Mate 9 and it absolutely flies, no issues whatsoever.

Here is the link
https://github.com/amirzaidi/Launcher3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo