WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

We don't bat an eye dropping $350 - $500 for a smartphone but roughly the same for a watch is questionable handling of moolah.
I mean, I'd do it if I knew I was going to fully use it like that...but I'm not where near that level of fitness commitment, so it's not worth it for me. I looked at the cheaper forerunner watches for $200, but even then...those are for runners.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

We don't bat an eye dropping $350 - $500 for a smartphone but roughly the same for a watch is questionable handling of moolah.

True. Just did a bit of hassle to get a price adjustment refund (which I did get), but no regrets.

To be fair, you kind of have to use a phone so I would say that it is justified. You can forget to wear a watch and go about your day because there will be a clock somewhere. Your phone though, not so much lol. Not much can replace that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

True. Just did a bit of hassle to get a price adjustment refund (which I did get), but no regrets.

To be fair, you kind of have to use a phone so I would say that it is justified. You can forget to wear a watch and go about your day because there will be a clock somewhere. Your phone though, not so much lol. Not much can replace that.
I slightly disagree. If you're used to wearing watches, you don't forget them.

I was always a watch wearer, so even when I didn't wear one for years - once I started wearing them again I don't leave home without it. It's easy to pick them habit back up again.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I was always a watch wearer, so even when I didn't wear one for years - once I started wearing them again I don't leave home without it. It's easy to pick them habit back up again.

Ooh okay, that's a true point.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

When I used to wear watches regularly, I would look at my wrist instinctively without realising I forgot my watch. 😆

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of phones, so how's the G6? Any early impressions?
Cramped keyboard for sure 😂. It's pretty snappy but the Mate was a Formula 1 by comparison. It's easier to use one-handed no question, at the expense of the kb 🙄. Lots of SOT so far setting up apps, logging into accounts, etc. I'll have a better idea of battery life tomorrow.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Cramped keyboard for sure 😂. It's pretty snappy but the Mate was a Formula 1 by comparison. It's easier to use one-handed no question, at the expense of the kb 🙄. Lots of SOT so far setting up apps, logging into accounts, etc. I'll have a better idea of battery life tomorrow.
I liked the G6. Looking forward to hearing about your review.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I do need something more compact as the V20 keeps falling out of work pants pockets. I know what I want and I can wait until black Friday weekend to see if I can find the right price.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I do need something more compact as the V20 keeps falling out of work pants pockets. I know what I want and I can wait until black Friday weekend to see if I can find the right price.

I hope that you'll get the best possible price for it. What you're dealing with right now sounds frustrating.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Cramped keyboard for sure . It's pretty snappy but the Mate was a Formula 1 by comparison. It's easier to use one-handed no question, at the expense of the kb . Lots of SOT so far setting up apps, logging into accounts, etc. I'll have a better idea of battery life tomorrow.
I have a couple of cases floating around. If you want/need them PM me your address.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

People are already reporting screen issues on both Pixels. It's making me wonder if it really pays to be an early adopter, especially when you are dropping a lot of money...

I know that manufacturer errors happen but the frequency is kind of strange or maybe it's just more visible. Even the second Pixel I owned and 99's first Pixel both had manufacturer issues. The last one I got has been solid.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I so appreciate that but Amazon is taking care of me tomorrow. I've gotten spoiled with wallet cases that I won't go back to anything else. In particular, the ones with the magnetic phone cover that allows me to pull the phone out of the case.

https://www.amazon.com/Feitenn-Deta...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3712289

No worries.
Enjoy the G6 and the wallet case.
It is a nice device, just a bit on the heavy side especially with the wrong case. It took me about 4 tries before I settled on the right case. Of course I went ahead and then bought these two (they mimicked the one I liked the most) but then sold both the G6 devices that I had.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077