WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Okay so every day I start to lean more and more towards maybe I should keep the Mi Mix 2 on the spare line. The Pixel is not going anywhere. I don't know if I want to jump in on the new device fray just quite yet.

Last night I took some relatively low light pictures with the Mix 2, they came out quite decent. Not quite Pixel like but not bad at all.

Also the battery life on this phone is amazing. 49 hours off the charger, 42% left and 3.5 hours SoT.
This thing definitely is a beast.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Here are the screenshots.
812d350462c65da7f6572823adbd63ce.jpg
d68e8b2a5609d0af59e7d10c591441e7.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Just sat in a department meeting where I was told essentially from the head of the program: "go destroy a tank using the rocks we've given you...if you're not successful, either your aim is wrong or you're not using the right rocks."

Motivation to be productive amidst a sea of chaos when even my direct supervisor is sending me mixed messages?

Yes please...thanks for that extra helping of cluster**** on my plate as I clearly haven't finished working through the last serving I got...

Have a good day, folks. Not crapping on anyone, but that just happened to me...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Just sat in a department meeting where I was told essentially from the head of the program: "go destroy a tank using the rocks we've given you...if you're not successful, either your aim is wrong or you're not using the right rocks."

Motivation to be productive amidst a sea of chaos when even my direct supervisor is sending me mixed messages?

Yes please...thanks for that extra helping of cluster**** on my plate as I clearly haven't finished working through the last serving I got...

I'm sorry to hear that. 😞 That's completely dysfunctional management.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

He didn't specify how long it would take to destroy the tank either did he? If it's any comfort, I'm constantly told to build tanks not destroy them. Oh, and I don't have the steel to build them either. I make some beautiful papier-mache tanks though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ugh that's really dysfunctional.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Ugh that's really dysfunctional.

Dysfunctional is when a manager has 3 people working on the same task with 3 different due dates. MIA's description is more accurate. That guy sounds like he could get lost in his own bathroom.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So excited for my birthday! Not a big age but still. I guess because I did what I always wanted to do for some years now. Hopefully it will be the last birthday for a while not as a student...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry to hear that. 😞 That's completely dysfunctional management.
Nope. This is management is saying: "the ship is leaking...so don't tell me water is pouring in, show me what you're doing to keep the ship moving forward; as obviously the holes need to be plugged."

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

He didn't specify how long it would take to destroy the tank either did he? If it's any comfort, I'm constantly told to build tanks not destroy them. Oh, and I don't have the steel to build them either. I make some beautiful papier-mache tanks though.
Oh, this is the equivalent of piling up in an open wooden ox cart (with no oxen to power it) to go hunt and destroy and M1A1 Abrams with pitchforks. I'd rather it be using Shermans to hunt Tiger tanks, but management has said those sorts of resource equalities do not exist.

It isn't dysfunctional - it is desperation. Implicitly clear from the current program director: "Produce or be replaced with (hungrier, more naive) and more willing 'personnel' (AKA risk takers and sheep)."

It is telling when the director's first comment is that if you're not successful, adjust your approach. I don't mind if being told what it is, but don't diminish the impact of turning me into a used car salesman trying to sell Hondas while working at a GMC dealership doesn't come with its own set of risks and challenges.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Meanwhile my old department is like:

"we miss you. There are job openings here you should apply for."

MIA (in his head): "Am I in the business of trading a pig in a suit for a pig in a dress and trying to call it a giraffe? Nope."

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

They got me playing some old school Kanye West to take the edge off. Now, that's stress.

But it's all good. I'm settling some debts and after that, it's open season. I'm in full "the gloves are off" mode.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Meanwhile I am trying to run the battery down on this Mix 2.
16% is still left.
Almost 55 hours off the charger.
5+ hours SOT.
This thing is awesome.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Meanwhile I am trying to run the battery down on this Mix 2.
16% is still left.
Almost 55 hours off the charger.
5+ hours SOT.
This thing is awesome.
It's nice to hear you're pleased.

Will you be pleased enough to KEEP the phone? Now THAT'S the money question...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I liked the G6. Looking forward to hearing about your review.

Okay so I'm not gonna break any new ground here. It's an established fact that any flagship from any of the major manufacturers within the last year or so is going to deliver a stellar device along many fronts. Excellent cameras, blistering performance, gorgeous displays and a gimmick or two is a given. What separates these heavyweights is design, battery life and ultimately, price.

So let's cut to the G6 chase. In comparison to the Mate 9 this phone is always a half step behind. The camera is very good but not as good as the Mate or the S8+ I had earlier this year. Even with the SD821 it's a touch slower for everyday tasks. The fingerprint scanner is also on the slower side but that may be a product of the button being a tad small and my fingers being fat, RA-infested nubs. The display itself is one of the nicest I've seen in quite some time. The brightness is great, whites are white and there are no jagged edges anywhere even with LG's Gothic font. It smokes the Mate except for size obviously.

Battery life is so so and that's fairly complimentary given my extreme usage. Off the charger at 5:30 and still had 43% by the time I cut loose to go home at 6:30 this evening. The Mate would hover around 50-55% but it had an enormous battery and FHD display. By comparison my HP x3 would rarely drop below 60% and that included Continuum.

Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are exceptional. Whereas the Mate had occasional difficulty staying latched on to my Fitbit and re-connection issues with my truck's hands-free, the G6 has none of these problems.

Audio is another area where this phone shines. Even though it's a mono setup and the decibel level is well below the Mate, it's a lot clearer and there's more balance across the spectrum. The Mate is loud as hell but so was my ex-wife - not the most pleasing experience. Now, connect to a decent soundbar or Bluetooth speakers and prepare to be impressed. Barry, Teddy and Luther sounded great again.

I think I've covered the basics considering it's only been about 24 hours. There's a lot to like being this was LG's flagship until the V30 arrived. I'm going to give a concerted effort to get used to this 18:9 display. Well, I have to - it's the future. There's not a whole lot separating top-tier phones these days and this one's no different. As I mentioned earlier, it just feels like it's running in 4th gear all the time. Not that it's bad, it's just not as good. If you're an audiophile or simply enjoy music played well, this is your phone. I don't know how much better the V30 is going to be to justify the surely ridiculous $800 price tag compared to this one at half the price.

That's it for now. Or at least until the BlackBerry Motion comes stateside. That insane battery life, Pixel-esque camera and BlackBerry features for $400 is too tempting.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb