WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Okay so I'm not gonna break any new ground here. It's an established fact that any flagship from any of the major manufacturers within the last year or so is going to deliver a stellar device along many fronts. Excellent cameras, blistering performance, gorgeous displays and a gimmick or two is a given. What separates these heavyweights is design, battery life and ultimately, price.

So let's cut to the G6 chase. In comparison to the Mate 9 this phone is always a half step behind. The camera is very good but not as good as the Mate or the S8+ I had earlier this year. E
Much appreciated. The Kirin 960 and SD835 are really more powerful when better optimized than the SD821. Goes to show you what a great job Google did tuning the Pixels with the same chip as the G6...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Okay so I'm not gonna break any new ground here. It's an established fact that any flagship from any of the major manufacturers within the last year or so is going to deliver a stellar device along many fronts. Excellent cameras, blistering performance, gorgeous displays and a gimmick or two is a given. What separates these heavyweights is design, battery life and ultimately, price.

So let's cut to the G6 chase. In comparison to the Mate 9 this phone is always a half step behind. The camera is very good but not as good as the Mate or the S8+ I had earlier this year. E

Yeah I did wonder how it compares. Thanks for this. Hmm do you see this as a possible annoyance?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Had to edit my post. My fat knuckles hit the reply button on the screen. Touchscreens and keyboards don't always mix.

It's all good, it happens!

Now that I read your edit, that answers my question somewhat. If we are alike (aside from the chronic switching lol), the battery life might be annoying. Thank you for sharing your impressions/experience so far. It sounds like it wins over the Mate 9 in certain areas but loses over other ones.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Speaking of cameras, I was ready to write a long post about being indecisive on what phone to use because in low light, the XZ1C basically always requires a change in color temperature, which means there's a chance of missing the shot while adjusting that. I wasn't sure if I would get tired of that until I realized that I can actually change the default camera and that entire issue is gone.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

But it doesn't have the HDR+ logic of the Google Camera software.
I haven't owned one to know how good it is but the reviews have been very favorable. Yes, software plays a yuge roll (couldn't resist) and I can attest to it. I've owned the Idol 4S and the DTEK60 which have identical camera hardware and the BlackBerry does take better pictures. Not much better, but noticeable.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

As petty as it might be, I'm glad that the Dodgers are in and the Cubs are out. 2 weeks ago, that game hurt my soul...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So much beef with the V30 is well founded. The audio experience between both the V30 and V20 are a wash it would seem. So as much as I like the new look, if I get one I'm not paying that $800+ mark up.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So much beef with the V30 is well founded. The audio experience between both the V30 and V20 are a wash it would seem. So as much as I like the new look, if I get one I'm not paying that $800+ mark up.
And as much as I like the Essential phone's hardware, I wouldn't pay no more than $550 brand new for it either. Consumers need to stop letting these OEMs charge these outrageous process for incremental upgrades.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As petty as it might be, I'm glad that the Dodgers are in and the Cubs are out. 2 weeks ago, that game hurt my soul...
I'm not a Nats fan (NYM) so I have no sympathy for you...but I don't like the bandwagon Cubs fans either, so I'm fine with the Dodgers knocking them out. I wanted to see CLE/HOU vs LA, but it'll likely be the Yankees v Dodgers. I'm fine with that too.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm not a Nats fan (NYM) so I have no sympathy for you...but I don't like the bandwagon Cubs fans either, so I'm fine with the Dodgers knocking them out. I wanted to see CLE/HOU vs LA, but it'll likely be the Yankees v Dodgers. I'm fine with that too.

Ooh you're a Mets fan, that's cool.

I agree, either of those teams would make it very interesting. If the Yankees make it, I hope they lose...lol

Half joking, half serious but I want to see how many "fans" come out of the woodwork if the Yankees v. Dodgers match up comes to life. I don't hate the Yankees at all, I'm just always wanting the underdog to have a chance. I loved the story of the Cubs and of the Royals.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

99, I see that Phone Arena has posted a review for the Mi Mix 2 and I'm wondering what you thought of it? I can see you agreeing and disagreeing with it together: https://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Xiaomi-Mi-Mix-2-Review_id4432
I read the review. The funny thing is the negatives they describe aren't that bad in my experience. I have the Global ROM with MIUI 9 so no janky software experience. The main camera is reasonable. The turning the phone upside down for selfies is okay as well since the phone software pings you to do it. So that leaves only one major quibble. And these days all smartphones seem to have one.

I have to say that I like this as much as the original Mi Note with the Bamboo back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos