WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Hmm considering that you have the original Huawei one, I would have thought that the 2 would be more of a shoo in for you.
I don't necessarily like to have two tech devices from the same OEM in the same class. For example, I can have a Sony phone and a Sony tablet, but don't like owning two Sony phones at the same time.

ZTE:

Pros:

Silver color, cheapst of the three, biggest of the three casing size, biggest battery, replaceable bands, LTE capable and has a speaker, GPS

Cons:

Not sure of it has ambient light sensor (it if doesn't, that SUCKS big time), need to buy new bands, no HRM, no Android pay (don't care about it), no Qi

Huawei watch 2:

Pros:

Compatible with 360 42mm - so no new bands are needed, charger design improved, smallest of the three, don't mind the plastic based sport design, price is middle of the three.

Cons:

Smallest screen of the three, questions about how the screen holds up, it's a little big on the bigger side to my taste (casing wise), no Qi

LG Watch Sport:

Pros:

Qi, three button setup, nicest screen of the three, biggest screen of the three, GPS, LTE, Beta ready for Google

Cons:

Bands are not swappable, dullest looking design of the three, most expensive of the three.

Lots of things to think about...

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ooh Essential dropped the price of the Essential phone to $499 on its website.

I would like to try it for myself with that drop and the Google Camera apk thing but I have too many phones. Need to get rid of some of these before getting another one...
Stop by a Best Buy of you can to see...I suspect it's too heavy for you...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ooh Essential dropped the price of the Essential phone to $499 on its website.

I would like to try it for myself with that drop and the Google Camera apk thing but I have too many phones. Need to get rid of some of these before getting another one...
Well, it's finally at a price I'm interested in. Let's see what happens come Black Friday, as if it's a bit cheaper I'll take the plunge.

Honestly, they should have started out at $600, no higher than $650. I saw this coming as soon as they started dropping the price on the 360 camera. Andy tried to be too smart for himself here...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I don't necessarily like to have two tech devices from the same OEM in the same class. For example, I can have a Sony phone and a Sony tablet, but don't like owning two Sony phones at the same time.

ZTE:

Pros:

Silver color, cheapst of the three, biggest of the three casing size, biggest battery, replaceable bands, LTE capable and has a speaker, GPS

Cons:

Not sure of it has ambient light sensor (it if doesn't, that SUCKS big time), need to buy new bands, no HRM, no Android pay (don't care about it), no Qi

Huawei watch 2:

Pros:

Compatible with 360 42mm, so now new bands are needed, charger design improved, smallest of the three, don't mine the plastic based sport design, price is middle of the three.

Cons:

Smallest screen of the three, questions about how the screen holds up up, it's a little big on the bigger side (casing wise), no Qi

LG Watch Sport:

Pros:

Qi, three button setup, nicest screen of the three, biggest screen of the three, GPS, LTE, Beta ready for Google

Cons:

Bands are not swappable, dullest looking design of the three, most expensive of the three.

Ah okay, I can understand that. Wow, it does sound like you do have a lot to think about. Every watch seems to have both solid pros and cons.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

ZTE:

Pros:

Cons:

Huawei watch 2:

Pros:

Compatible with 360 42mm - so no new bands are needed, charger design improved, smallest of the three, don't mind the plastic based sport design, price is middle of the three.

Cons:

Smallest screen of the three, questions about how the screen holds up, it's a little big on the bigger side to my taste (casing wise), no Qi

LG Watch Sport:

Pros:

Cons:

I wish Moto supported their stuff better. The 360 42mm has been really solid since using it...just like the 360 before it.

I wish Android Wear got monthly patches too. If it did, I'd stomach 2.0 more on the 360. As it stands, I may have to stomach 2.0 on a newer watch for better software protection. That SUCKS big time.

At this point I haven't seen something from Samsung addressing BlueBorne, so I won't look at the Gear watches. Hardware wise, the Watch Sport offers the best protection and once the September patch drops, software protection improves.

It's just a frustrating process. I still use my LG V20 and my 360 which are vulnerable, but it just annoys me why OEMs don't take security as stringest as they should...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

With the Essential phone now for $500, it competes against the G6 and OnePlus 5. That's an interesting choice...the dev communities for both are more established. Still, the hardware for Andy's phone has dev potential all over it...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

All I'll say is good luck on this one.

Thanks.
When I think I know, I change my mind. I have some interesting ideas rolling around in my head, especially after watching Danny Winget's Periscope rant today about the Pixel 2 XL display. In case you or anyone is curious, the 30 minute rant is here.

You don't need Periscope to watch it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's one month today that I move to France!

I'm looking forward to the better weather.... :p

Still lots to do.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I still fire up my Lumia 925 from time to time. Probably one of the best smartphones made by Nokia.
Boy, there's a part of me that wants to get back one of these and roll it back to Windows 8. That's the same part of me that wants an old BB 9700 or 9550 too. If I travel overseas, that's what I'd use.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Good luck. Sounds exciting.

It's a mix of excitement and a desire to just get on with it.

Things dragged for so long it's always funny when you get to a point and things just happen. Now it's so close that you start wonder if you'll be ready! LOL!

We'll, we're ready in general. Just need to keep packing and doing some other bits.

I'm looking forward to just going to be honest.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Boy, there's a part of me that wants to get back one of these and roll it back to Windows 8. That's the same part of me that wants an old BB 9700 or 9550 too. If I travel overseas, that's what I'd use.

I never used a Blackberry so I can't say anything one way or the other about them.

However, I can honestly say I don't really miss Windows Phone anymore. It didn't help that when I started with it back on W8 the locked down nature of it messed me up. Now there's no way I'd go back and with the future pretty much gone there's no point to.

MS could've done a lot more but obviously it doesn't seem mobile phones are that important to them, just the software for them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs