WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Finally did the mini shootout between the XZ1C and the iPhone SE and I have to say that I'm surprised. The XZ1C seems to be better with keeping details over the SE but the SE was better in low light.

The shootout didn't help as I thought it would but I'm glad that I did it.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Finally did the mini shootout between the XZ1C and the iPhone SE and I have to say that I'm surprised. The XZ1C seems to be better with keeping details over the SE but the SE was better in low light.

The shootout didn't help as I thought it would but I'm glad that I did it.
Seemed like the SE had a pink/red tint whilst the XZ1C had more neutral warm tone.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Seemed like the SE had a pink/red tint whilst the XZ1C had more neutral warm tone.

I couldn't figure out what looked different on the SE, but you are right about the tint. That has to be it.
I thought that the XZ1C might slightly fall short, but it seemed to look better in every shot. You guys might be on to something, I'll probably keep it and use Open Camera for low light situations.

Edit: I like how I said that the shootout didn't help, but sitting on it, I realize the choice has been confirmed, lol.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I couldn't figure out what looked different on the SE, but you are right about the tint. That has to be it.
I thought that the XZ1C might slightly fall short, but it seemed to look better in every shot. You guys might be on to something, I'll probably keep it and use Open Camera for low light situations.

Edit: I like how I said that the shootout didn't help, but sitting on it, I realize the choice has been confirmed, lol.
So which one is it?
SE?
Pixel?
A3?
Or XZ1C?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So which one is it?
SE?
Pixel?
A3?
Or XZ1C?

I'll be keeping the XZ1C and SE and selling the Pixel. As for the A3, I don't know what I'll do with it (to keep or to sell) since it was so rare to find and still is, at that. The versions that you do find do not work well at all in the US. Really wouldn't want to regret not being able to get it again.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have to say one thing. I've very happy that I don't have this issue of dealing with different types of phones. I think I'd lose my mind. LOL!

I don't really have a desire for all the wheeling and dealing either so I think that's the other half of it. I don't get much excitement out of the idea of doing things like that.

I must be a bit boring that way. LOL!

My wife, being Australian, is somewhat prone to it but even she hates dealing with more than one phone but any phone she buys she wants the best deal.

Which is why she's picking up the a new ZX1 compact. She likes the size and is looking forward to the new tech in it. We also got a decent price on it. :) I need to get her a decent case this time. Though Sony phones are quite rugged. She's dropped her Z5 so many times and aside from a small scratch here or there it's working perfectly. But I think a case would be a good idea now.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I have to say one thing. I've very happy that I don't have this issue of dealing with different types of phones. I think I'd lose my mind. LOL!

I don't really have a desire for all the wheeling and dealing either so I think that's the other half of it. I don't get much excitement out of the idea of doing things like that.

My wife, being Australian, is somewhat prone to it but even she hates dealing with more than one phone but any phone she buys she wants the best deal.

Which is why she's picking up the a new ZX1 compact. She likes the size and is looking forward to the new tech in it. We also got a decent price on it. :) I need to get her a decent case this time. Though Sony phones are quite rugged. She's dropped her Z5 so many times and aside from a small scratch here or there it's working perfectly. But I think a case would be a good idea now.

Yeah, it can get exhausting at times.

Very nice, congrats! She will enjoy the battery life and how cool it runs, and of course the performance.
I don't know if she's a point and shoot kind of person or a manual mode type, like you. If she is a point and shoot type, I recommend other camera apps in addition.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, it can get exhausting at times.

Very nice, congrats! She will enjoy the battery life and how cool it runs, and of course the performance.
I don't know if she's a point and shoot kind of person or a manual mode type, like you. If she is a point and shoot type, I recommend other camera apps in addition.

I don't think she'll have many issues with the camera. She doesn't take many low light photos.

My wife prefers to keep things simple when it comes to anything with apps on the phone.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I don't think she'll have many issues with the camera. She doesn't take many low light photos.

My wife prefers to keep things simple when it comes to anything with apps on the phone.

Ohh okay, cool. In that case, she will really enjoy this phone, even though she might miss double tap to wake. I miss that but not at the cost of battery life to add another app to have a similar effect.

Camera quirks aside, I feel at home with the phone if that makes any sense. It's been a while since I felt that way. The Pixel was nearly there for me but I often found myself wondering about battery life. It isn't bad on the Pixel, I just have high battery life standards lol

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ohh okay, cool. In that case, she will really enjoy this phone, even though she might miss double tap to wake. I miss that but not at the cost of battery life to add another app to have a similar effect.

She doesn't use double tap to wake so it's all good. :) She won't miss much. She's looking forward to having a good phone.

My wife is pretty good at taking pictures. As most people know 80% is about execution of the shot, the other 20% is up to the hardware. Of course having a good camera helps but it's not the be all end all.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

She doesn't use double tap to wake so it's all good. :) She won't miss much. She's looking forward to having a good phone.

My wife is pretty good at taking pictures. As most people know 80% is about execution of the shot, the other 20% is up to the hardware. Of course having a good camera helps but it's not the be all end all.
Sweet! I'm excited for her! Random question, does she have a preferred color of it? I think all of the colors are nice but I'm just curious.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sweet! I'm excited for her! Random question, does she have a preferred color of it? I think all of the colors are nice but I'm just curious.

She wanted white but that wasn't an option so she went with silver white. She's a fan of purple but unfortunately that's not a popular colour these days.

Had there been a good blue she might have considered it but she didn't like it that much and the pink was a big no. The place we bought from only had the silver white, pink and blue.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

She wanted white but that wasn't an option so she went with silver white. She's a fan of purple but unfortunately that's not a popular colour these days.

Had there been a good blue she might have considered it but she didn't like it that much and the pink was a big no. The place we bought from only had the silver white, pink and blue.

Ooh that's cool. The silver white looks kind of white in some lighting, similar to how the blue looks kind of green to me. If you remember, can you share how she likes it and/or what she thinks of it? I'm really curious to know.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It is a black hole!
Stay away from it's gravitational pull as much as you can!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

#datSonypurplewasthebest

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo